Pre-Installed Pet Doors
Pre-Installed Dog or Cat Doors
We encounter a lot of interest from customers in purchasing a "Pre-Installed" pet door in a door. We think this is a bad idea for several reasons:
- Shipping an entire door, as opposed to just a pet door, is very expensive and has a much greater chance of damage in shipping.
- Purchasing the door locally give you much greater choice of the right door.
- Hanging a door is not easy; you'll probably want it done by a professional. So you've already got the installer at your house. Installing the pet door in the door you've chosen won't cost much more.
- The mail-ordered doors we have encountered seem to be very expensive and require user assembly. Problems are more difficult to resolve at a distance.
- It's very important, especially for larger dog doors, that the dog door be installed at the correct height. Or you may need an installation height that is a compromise for two different sized pets. Getting that done right is a lot easier when you're supervising the installer directly.
- If you need to return the door for any reason, it's much easier to do locally than at a distance.
You'll have a far easier time of it purchasing the door locally, having the dealer bring it to your home to hang it and install the pet door at the same time. You'll want to order the pet door from our pet doors for people doors section.