Electronic Pet Doors for Installation in Windows
This is the home page for all electronic dog doors designed for installation in a window.
Price From: $499.00
Windows that slide sideways are actually "short" sliding glass doors!
The best and only solution is a "custom height undersized" patio pet door. Order a Thermo Panel IIe Magnetic built custom height undersized. For cats and tiny dogs only.
Key Points For Sash Window Versions
- Raise the window and measure the full width including into the track on both sides. Be sure that the pet door you choose has the proper adjustment range for your window.
- Second, be sure the window can be raised high enough to accept the pet door.
- You won't need to worry about a lip interferring with a locking cover as the available electronic pet doors for sash windows don't need locking covers. They've got built-in 4-way locks.
- Sash window pet doors don't generally come with locks for the sash window. However, there are two simple suggested methods for locking the window after you install the pet door:
- For a permanent lock, simply place a wood screw above the window in both tracks.
- If you want to be able to open the window, cut two wooden dowels and place them in the window tracks above the window.
Either way the window cannot be raised from the outside.
Key Points for Sliding Window Versions
- Be sure the window track is wide enough (front to back) to fit the panel. For example, the Thermo-Panel IIe Magnetic requires a track at least 1" thick.
- Measure the full height, very top inside the track to very bottom. If you're not sure that the panel can be built short enough, be sure to contact our customer service for help (800-826-2871).
- Remember that these are custom height orders and cannot be returned after the glass is ordered.
- For more information, consult the section on manual patio pet doors.