Pet Doors For Windows
Pet Doors for Sash Windows and Sliding Windows
If you have a sash window that slides up and down, or a sideways sliding window you're in luck! A window pet door is a quick and easy way to give your pet access without having to install a dog door or cat door in your doors or walls.
Price From: $304.00
Price From: $339.00
Price From: $129.00
Price From: $394.00
Price From: $595.00
Price From: $655.00
Price From: $116.00
Windows that slide sideways are actually "short" sliding glass doors!
The best and only solution is a "custom height undersized" patio pet door. Order a Thermo Panel IIIe™ built custom height undersized.
- Raise the window and measure the full width including into the track on both sides. Be sure that the pet door you choose has the proper adjustment range for your window.
- Second, be sure the window can be raised high enough to accept the pet door.
- Finally, some of these models include a locking cover that needs to slide down a track over the flap. If you're purchasing one of these, be sure you've got enough clearance above the pet door for the locking cover to slide straight up. There must be no overhang or 'lip' in the way.
- Check your windows to see if they are single pane glass or dual pane glass. If you have dual pane and live in a more severe climate area, you may wish to order a dual-pane, insulated glass pet door. Best way to check? Put a finger on both sides of the glass. If they look like they're touching you've got single pane glass. If they stop about 1/2" apart, you've got dual-pane.
- Sash window pet doors don't generally come with locks for the sash window. However, there are two simple suggested methods for locking the window after you install the pet door:
- For a permanent lock, simply place a wood screw above the window in both tracks.
- If you want to be able to open the window, cut two wooden dowels and place them in the window tracks above the window.
Either way the window cannot be raised from the outside.