Watch an exclusive PetDoors.com documentary below, learning what “Bring Your Dog to Work” day every day is all about! There is more buzz around companies allowing dogs in the office. Here at PetDoors.com our pet pawlicy is pretty flexible. On a daily basis, there are at least three to four dogs in the office! We have been able to document what it is like to work in a dog-friendly office; our doggy door experts share their thoughts, made by our very own, Claire Liu.
The pet door experts all agree what a paw-sitive experience it is to have four legged co-workers:
- Our furry friends are always excited to see us, boosting our own energy
- When we need fresh air, we can always count on being able to talk a nice lunchtime stroll with Mikey
- When things get too ruff, our dogs are up for some petting breaks and even lap naps
A full day at work can give owners anxiety about leaving their loved ones at home alone. Our friends Loki and Thanos can play with other dogs giving their human, Rachel, peace of mind.
While it is really fun to turn around and see a happy, tail wagging dog around, there are some drawbacks.
With More Dogs, Come More Responsibility:
- We keep treats close and cleaning supply closer (See the video where Tonks doesn’t make it to the pet door in time!)
- When the days get long, it is easy to get distracted by our pups, especially when they go belly up for a rub!
- Territory is an important aspect to our pets, so when a new canine comes to the block (a.k.a the office) it can take time for everyone to become friendly
Whether office pups motivate or halt productivity, that depends on who you ask! Although in the past, when the humans slow down, the dogs take over…
Yes, we have assigned job roles for our dogs. They have been great models for our products, you can find them naturally posing for the camera on our website. Aside from modeling, the office dogs also test our flaps for us. In order to manufacture products for pets, we need their perspective. In exchange, they sure love the treats they munch on!
What Would we do Without Them?
With more companies around the nation getting comfortable with pet permittance, it is a privilege to work in an environment ahead of the crowd. Some of the worst workdays are when the dogs take the day off. Everything goes quiet and is less alleviating.
Our pet door experts have learned and loved working with dogs. It is now almost a requirement for some of us. Now that we know how much fun it is, could we ever go back to working with just humans? We may never know. All we can do is enjoy what we have and tell our friends and family how spectacular it is to have corgi coworkers.