What are my Glass Door Options?
There are a couple of different ways you can install dog doors for glass doors in conjunction with a sliding glass door, window, or fixed panel glass door. The most temporary, simple installation of a dog door in your sliding glass door or window is with a pet door insert, which will sit just in the track of your door or window.
Need a Pre-Installed Pet Door?
There are a few solutions for finding a sliding glass pet door solution. The most convenient option is the Pet Door Guys in the Glass product. This product is energy efficient, space saving, and secure. You can compare this option among others available below
About the In the Glass
These are one of the few options where a pet door comes to you pre-installed. In this kind of installation you can use your slider’s existing lock and frame. With purchase, we send out a new piece of glass with the same measurements as your existing glass. What ships to you is just the glass with the top-of-the-line Endura Flap Pet Door. We strongly recommend hiring a glazier to take your glass measurements and install the new one for you. For them, it is a relatively easy task as it would be like replacing a glass that was broken.
Some of the additional perks include:
- Dual-Pane Glass
- Flap warranty of 15 years, Glass Warranty of 10 years
- Lo-E Options Available (Tint)
- Highest Sealing Value of any pet door on the market
How To Order
Visit the product page here.
- Get in contact with a glazier to take your glass measurements. Here is a list of installers to help!
- Order the product online. You will not need all the custom dimensions at this time. You will need to only know whether your glass is Standard (Less than 34” x 76”) or Oversize (46” x 92”)
3. As soon as you place your order, an email will be sent with an order form for you to fill out. Your order remains on hold until we receive this form completely filled out.
- Your order is processed and sent to the manufacturer. Please allow 3-4 weeks plus transit time to receive your item. We can ship items to your glass company or residential location.
- Your glazier replaces your glass with this custom built glass!
About: You can purchase a sliding glass insert with a pet door installed on the bottom portion of the insert. It is made to be as tall as your slider’s track and includes glass. There are many options available including those with dual-pane glass, microchip enabled, and automatic openings. Notice these inserts secure against the frame of your patio. Most of the inserts can be taken in and out with ease, however, once installed these panels do reduce your walkway space.
About: Using your sash window measurements, you can insert a window panel with a pet door installed. This gives your pet ultimate freedom to enter and exit if you wish. There are electronic versions available to control which pets can come and go. For side sliding windows, you would need to look into the Custom Thermo Panel 3e, as no other panels can be turned to function properly.
Another option to have a cat or dog door for glass door is to have a glazier cut a hole in your glass and install a dog or cat door through that hole. This option works best for smaller pet doors like those intended for cats. Most glass these days is tempered and dual pane, and will shatter if you attempt to cut it! Because of this possibility we highly recommend that you have a professional glazier handle the job.
Here is a video that roughly summarizes the process of receiving and installing the In-Glass Pet Doors: