Cat-Mate/Dog-Mate 221 Pet Doors
The most recommended choice for a simple large cat/small dog installation. The 221 will frame out to fit hollow or solid core doors from 0” - 2” in thickness making it great for multiple installation types.
Features of the Model 221 Pet Doors
- Bigger flap fits large cats and small dogs.
- Broad self-framing range is perfect for almost any installation.
- Has a very durable acrylic frame surrounded by a brush weather stripping for added weatherproofing.
- Incorporates a 4-way locking feature.
- The Cat version is available in brown and the Small Dog version is not, purchase the large cat version if you want a brown frame and have a small dog.
- These doors are identical, the only difference is the Dog version has a picture of a dog on the package, where the Cat version has a cat.
- 3 year warranty.
Perfect Time for the 221 Pet Doors
- Simple and durable large cat door can be used for a wide variety of installations.
- Thinner materials like storm doors or plexiglas will be able to have a 221 pet door installed since it can frame down to 0.
- Good quality door for an interior installation.
Q: Is the flap clear?
A: The flap is clear, but tinted darker.
Q: Can I use a different flap that is clear instead?
A: Flaps usually are not interchangeable between models as they attach to the door differently, so the flap that comes with the door is the only option that is compatible
Q: Is the flap flexible?
A: No, the flap is hard plastic.
Q: What is the thickness range for this door?
A: This door fits materials 0-2"" thick and is great for storm doors and interior/exterior doors.
Q: Can I install this in a wall?
A: It is possible to install the two halves on either side of your wall, but you would need to find a way to build a tunnel and attach the frames, making sure to caulk the edges to prevent water leaking into the wall. The Cat Mate 234/235 is a similar smaller product that can be installed in walls.
Q: Are the magnets removable?
A: No, they are not. If your cat is having issues pushing through, you can put some tape over the magnets on the frame to lessen the attraction.
Q: Can I install this in glass?
A: Yes, thinner materials like plexiglass can accommodate this door.
Q: Can I lock this door at night?
A: Yes, there is a built in 4-way locking feature
Q: What does a 4-way lock mean?
A: That means there are 4 locking options:
3) locked going out only
4) locked coming in only
Q: What hardware comes with this door?
A: Short and long screws, and screw hole covers.