359 Cat Door with Timer Control Installation Instructions for Wood/Plastic/Metal doors and panels
1. Take the exterior frame (the one without the flap) and place it on the material where you are installing the pet door.
Tip: The manufacturer does recommend the bottom of the cut out is at least level with your pet’s stomach. It is ok to go a little lower as long as you are being careful not to damage the integrity of the material you are installing it into. Also double check to make sure the top of the flap is high enough so your pet doesn’t have to bend down too much to get through.
2. Trace around the outside of the TUNNEL part of the frame (not the entire outside frame), this serves as the template for your cut out.
3. Double and triple check that the line for the rough cut out is level before using a jig saw to make the rough out. Be sure to your cut is 1/16” of an inch OUTSIDE the line you drew in step 2.
Tip: It is very important to cut the hole even and level. If it is not cut correctly the flap will not open and close correctly once installed.
4. Dry fit the frames in the hole and ensure that the pet door is swinging properly.
5. For thin panels/doors 0” - ¾”:
a) Put the outside frame on the door and make a mark for each of the 4 screws.
b) Take off the frame and drill the holes ¼” in diameter. Check to make sure they are level.
c) If you door or panel is less than 3/4” you will need to trim down the liner on the OUTSIDE frame using a hacksaw or plastic cutting disk.
d) Fit the weather seal on the exterior frame (there is a very small thin channel that goes all the way around the backside of the door).
e) Attach that frame to the outside of the door and screw the interior frame on from the inside. Use the 1-¼” screws, unless your panel is less than ¼”. In that case use the ¾” screws provided.
f) Check that the door is working then tap in the screw covers.
6. If door or panel is ¾” - 2” in thickness
a) Drill out the screw holes on the INSIDE frame of the 359 (this is the frame with the flap on it). The holes should be 3/16” diameter, and check to make sure they are level.
b) Fit the weather seal on the exterior frame (there is a very small thin channel that goes all the way around the backside of the door).
c) Using the ¾” screws attach the inside frame to the interior of the door..
d) Check that the door is working then tap in the screw covers.
7. Enjoy your new Cat-Mate 359!