The Cat Mate 358 Rotary 4 Way Locking Cat Flap
• Easy to use, manual 4 way rotary lock allows control of
your cats’ movements through the flap.
• Transparent flap is preferred by most cats and is made from super
• Draft and weatherproof brush sealed flap with magnetic closure
358 Cat Door for Wood/Plastic/Metal Door Panels
1. Take the exterior frame (the one without the flap) and place it on the material where you are installing the pet door.
Tip: The manufacturer recommends that the bottom of the hole is placed level with your pet’s stomach (you can go a tad lower, but make sure that the top of the flap won’t be too low so your pet has to duck or stoop to get through). Be careful to also check to make sure that you are not damaging the integrity of door or material you are installing the pet door through with a cutout that is not high enough from the bottom of the door
2. Trace around the outside of the tunnel part of the frame, this will be your cut out line.
3. Make sure that the line for the rough cut out is level and use a jig saw to make your cut exactly 1/16” of an inch outside the line you drew in step 1.
Tip: Be very careful to cut the hole even and level. If the hole is not cut correctly the flap will not open and close properly once installed.
4. Dry fit the frames in the hole and ensure that the pet door is swinging properly. Then follow the recommended instructions for your door or material thickness.
5. For thin panels ⅛” - ¾” in thickness:
a) Put the outside frame used to make the cut out back on the door, and make a mark for the 4 screw positions clearly with a pencil.
b) Take the frame off and drill out the holes ¼” in diameter. Again, make sure that they are all square and level.
c) If you door is less than ⅝” thick trim down the liner from the exterior frame with a hacksaw or plastic cutting disk.
d) Put the weather seal on the outside frame. It fits in the very small channel all the way around the frame. Attach that frame to the outside of the door and screw the interior frame onto it from the inside.
e) Once in place and functioning correctly tap on the screw covers.
6. If door or panel is ¾” - 2” in thickness:
a) Drill out the 4 holes in the interior frame of the 358 with 3/16” drill.
b) Tip: The interior frame is the one with the rotary dial 4-way lock mechanism.
c) Make sure that they are all square and level.
d) Put the weather seal on the outside frame. It fits in the very small channel all the way around the frame. Attach that frame to the outside of the door using ½” screws.
e) Attach the inside frame to the interior of the door using 3/4” screws.
f) Once in place and after checking the flap is functioning correctly tap on the screw covers.
7. Enjoy your new Cat-Mate 358!