Developed to offer a stylish and cost effective solution for entry control using your cat’s implanted microchip or unique I.D. disc (available separately). The streamlined design maximizes entrance opening space - providing easy, stress-free access for your cat, while providing security from neighboring cats. The simple functionality makes it very user friendly and ideal for a basic electronic pet door.
The Cat Mate 360 Microchip Cat Flap
1) Entry operated by your cat’s unique implanted microchip or Cat Mate I.D. Disc. Keeps stray pets out, but does not keep raccoons out. This door only controls who comes and goes in one direction.
2) Easy to program, at the push of a single button. The LED indicator flashes when your cat’s microchip or I.D. disc is registered. Allows for up to 30 pets to be programmed to a single pet door.
3) Self lining to 3 3/8" thick - ideal for all doors including metal. Easily fitted to walls or glass panels with an adapter kit (sold separately).
4) The flap is a tinted yet transparent tough rigid polymer which is preferred by most cats. With a magnet closure and brush weather seal it has great insulation value for most climates.
5) Easy to use, manual 4-Way lock.
6) Requires 4 x AA batteries (not included) which will give approximately 12 months operation.
7) Tunnel sections are available for wall installations. Each tunnel will add 2” to the pet doors self framing range.
Installing the 360 Microchip Door in Wood/Plastic Doors and Panels
Read the following important notes prior to installing the pet door:
- It is very strongly recommended that you program all of your pets to the door before installing the pet door or making any cut out. Then test to make sure that the chip triggers the catch properly as the pet is going through.
- Do not cut into the tunnel on the flap frame, this will damage the sensor and the door will not work.
- If the door is metal and over 1/3/8” thick you will need the Cat Mate Cat Flap Adapter Kit.
- With any metal door you will need to re-tune the cat flap after installation.
1. Use the exterior frame as the template for the cut out. Place the frame on the panel and trace around the outside TUNNEL part of the frame.
Tip: It is recommended that the bottom of the cut out is at least level with your pet’s stomach. You could go a little lower as long as you are being careful not to damage the integrity of the material you are installing it into. Double check to make sure the top of the flap is high enough so your pet doesn’t have to bend down in order to get through.
2. Check that the line for the rough cut is level before making the cut out. The actual cut should be 1/16” of an inch OUTSIDE the line from step 1.
Tip: It is very important to cut the hole even and level. If it is not cut correctly the flap will not open and close correctly after installation.
3. Do a dry fit with the frames in the cut out to test that the pet door is swinging properly.
4. For thin panels 1/8” - 1” in thickness:
a) Mark the 4 screw holes using the OUTSIDE frame on the exterior side of the panel.
b) Remove it and drill out holes ¼” in diameter. Check to make sure they are level.
c) If your door or panel is less than 5/8” you will need to trim down the liner on the OUTSIDE frame using a hacksaw or plastic cutting disk.
d) Next, there is a small channel in the frame on the back where you need to install the weather seal strip.
e) Fix the exterior frame to the outside of the door and screw the interior frame on from the inside. Use the 1-1/2” screws to attach them.
f)Check that the door is working then install the screw covers.
5. If door or panel is 1” - 3-⅜” in thickness:
a) Drill out the screw holes on the INTERIOR frame (this will be the frame with the flap). The holes should be 3/16” diameter, check to make sure they are level.
b) Next, there is a small channel in the frame on the back where you need to install the weather seal strip.
c) Using the 1/2” screws to attach the exterior frame to the outside of the door/panel.
d) Now use the ⅞” screws to attach the inside frame to the interior of the door/panel.
e) Check that the door is working then tap in the screw covers.
6. Enjoy your new Cat-Mate 360 Pet Door!