Cat-Mate Wall Liner Instructions for Elite Series Doors:
1. Make sure that you measure the thickness of your wall and have the correct number of wall liners needed before making any rough openings in your wall. If your wall is 7" thick, you will require liners to frame up to 8" and trim it down; you would need 3 liners for 8", each liner adds 2" to your cat door's 2".
2. For the bottom of the cut out make sure that it is level with your pet’s belly.
3. Next you will have to make a rectangular cut out in the wall that is 7” wide by 8” high. Using a level and pencil mark the outside lines of your cut out on the wall. Then check one more time that the line is straight and level.
Tip: It is very important that you not cut into any wall framing, electrical, pipes, etc. so double check when picking a location for the pet door.
4. Now you will want to cut the hole out, by first cutting the interior wall and then removing any insulation.
5. Then you will want to drill holes from the inside through the exterior wall and use those as pilot holes for the outside cut. Be sure to remeasure on the outside for accuracy.
Tip: Tape up the inside hole with plastic sheeting before cutting the outside wall. This will make clean up much easier.
6. Cut out the exterior wall.
7. Take the pet door and remove the battery cover.
8. Next remove the interior frame cover entirely by taking out the two screws on the backside of the frame. And then remove the two that are in under the battery cover.
9. Remove the metal screw clips on the back as well using pliers.
10. Take the wall liners and fit them onto the flap frame that you just removed the cover on.
Tip: You can use some glue to fit the liners together, but the manufacturer states that a good firm push together will be enough.
11. The screw holes should be visible about halfway down the left and right side of the frame. You will need to put a washer under each screw (not supplied).
12. Take the frame and screw it to the wall putting the liners through the cut out.
13. Put the inside frame cover back on using the screws you removed and replace the battery cover.
Tip: Make sure that you do not trap any of the electrical wires.
14. Last fit the exterior frame on using two of the 1” screws. Then fit the hole covers and you are finished.