|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Step|
(US vs. Fgn Mfr)
|Small||5" w x 7" h||2"||8 3/4"||9 3/4"|
|Medium||7" w x 11 1/4" h||4"||10 3/4"||11 7/16"|
|Extra Large||10 1/2" w x 15" h||8"||14 1/4"||15 1/4"|
|Super Large||15" w x 20" h||8"||18 3/4"||19 5/8"|
Height Adjustment Ranges
- B- Shorty 75" - 77 3/4" (additional cost)
- C- Regular 77 5/8" - 80 5/16"
- E- Tall 93 3/4" - 96 1/2" (additional cost)
Step-Over Options - These options can be extremely important in properly fitting your pets. They are offered as drop-downs after the size, height and color choices are made.
Custom Height Add-On Extension - If your sliding glass door track is not accommodated by one of these height ranges, you can special order a height extension for either the Regular or Tall panels. Be sure to read the Details tab carefully to see how to compute how tall you'll want the custom height extension to be. If you already have the Ideal "Fast Fit" Panel but it's too short for your slider you can purchase just the Ideal "Fast Fit" Height Extension.
Replacement Flaps and Parts You can get just the replacement flap at Ideal "Original" Replacement Flaps or you can get both the flap and the plastic frame a Ideal "Fast Fit" Replacement Flap Assembly.
If your measured track height is near the bottom of the adjustment range then you should review A Note of Caution.
Wondering how to measure your track? Review our Track Measuring Guide.
The maximum over-all height you can achieve in this manner is 110-½," and the tallest the extension should be built is 14." It can be made to 16", but the manufacturer suggests that you would then semi-permanently install it for stability. Because the height extension is built to your custom dimension, it is not returnable, though the panel itself is (provided you haven't ordered any other custom feature like an outside keyed lock or custom step-over).
Ideal Fast Fit Patio Panel Pet Door
When you're looking for a "best bang for your buck" deal, an Ideal Fast Fit is the perfect solution. Affordable and functional, this pet door is lightweight and easy to install. The spring-loaded design allows you to securely place it in your sliding glass door track within seconds, and the clear vinyl flap opens easily for your pet to use to access your home.
Features of the Ideal Fast Fit
- Single pane glass is lightweight for quick and easy install, and easy removal when necessary.
- Since this panel will not mate with an existing slider door lock, Ideal supplies a pin lock. This does require drilling holes, so if you're a renter and do not want to put holes in the slider, then we suggest using the old "broomstick in the track method" or a Charley Bar.
- Clear, vinyl flap is easy for pets to learn to use and push open.
- Solid magnetic strip at the bottom of the flap to help keep the flap closed when not in use.
- Customizable options for the perfect fit for your slider and your pet.
- Aluminum frame designed for sliding glass door tracks at least 7/8" thick.
- 1 year warranty.
Perfect Time for an Ideal Fast Fit
- If you are on a budget and want a pet door for your sliding glass door, a Fast Fit is the best choice.
- For pets that may be timid or struggle with pushing through a heavier flap, the vinyl flap in the Fast Fit is easy to learn!
- This is a great option if you need something temporary for a rental home where you can't drill holes in the track.
- If you travel often and need a door that you can take in or out.
- Great solution for storm prone areas where you need to be able to remove it quickly to secure your home.
Our step-over options allow you to tailor your pet door to properly accommodate your pet's size. (See the drop-downs after you choose flap size, adjustment and frame color. If you need help choosing the right size, see our page on how to measure your pets.) Custom height extensions can be added to your order should the inserts be too small for your sliding glass door. (Custom orders are not returnable. So please see the detailed instructions below to ensure you order the correct size.)
PLEASE NOTE: This product ships directly from the manufacturer and may take 3-4 business days before it actually ships.
Quick Video on Installing the Fast Fit
1. Release automatic height adjustment by turning knobs located near top of panel counter-clockwise and pressing. Height adjustment panel should fully extend upward (pull up on panel if necessary).
2. Open sliding glass/screen door.
3. Insert Fast Fit with knobs facing inside. Place top edge into top track of sliding glass/screen door. Lift up and swing lower portion of panel onto ridge in sliding glass door (or screen door).
4. Slide Fast Fit against doorjamb and make sure that top is fully extended, not tilted to one side, and bottom of panel is on ridge in bottom track.
5. Hand-tighten knobs by turning clockwise to lock Fast Fit in place.
To permanently install the Fast Fit, you may screw through the aluminum fins that protrude on the existing frame of your door. Drill through the fins into the Fast Fit. Install two screws in the top and two in the side by the bottom of door. Do not put any screws into the frame by the glass of the Fast Fit as breakage may occur.
Optional permanent placement for fixed panel sliding door. Remove screws that hold fixed glass panel in place and slide over. Insert the Fast Fit panel between stationary panel and it's jamb and re-fasten fixed glass panel.
Installing Security Lock (Optional)
1. With sliding door in closed position, place lock in desired location with bolt in the retracted position, pointed toward the sliding glass door or stationary window rail. Leave approximately 1/8" clearance between bolt tip and aluminum rail (Figure 5).
2. Holding lock firmly in place, mark screw holes and center of bolt in rail of sliding door or stationary window.
3. Drill two 5/32" holes for mounting screws and a 3/8" hole for locking bolt. Caution: Do not drill into glass.
4. With sliding door in the closed position (with Fast Fit installed), mark position for second set of holes.
Repeat above instructions. Caution: Do not drill into glass.
In Depth Ideal 'Fast Fit' Installation
Q: Does the Ideal Fast Fit pet doors for sliding doors require tools for installation?
A: Yes, you will need a drill if you want to install the locking mechanism.
Q: What locking mechanism can I use for the Ideal Fast Fit?
A: The door comes with a pin lock you can install. Alternatively, you can purchase a Charley Bar for added security.
Q: What is the formula for determining the height extension needed for a given track height on an Ideal Fast Fit patio dog doors?
A: Calculate the height extension needed for a given track height by subtracting the maximum height of the adjustment range of the panel you've chosen from the measured height of your sliding glass door track and then add back 2-1/8".
Q: What extension would be needed for a track height of 90" for the Ideal Fast Fit Panel?
A: An 11 3/4" extension would be needed because the medium height adjustment range goes up until 80 3/8". To get this answer you use the formula (90” - 80 ?”) + 2 ?” = 11 3/4”
Q: Does the Ideal Fast Fit Panel have an adjustable step-over?
A: No, the Fast Fit does not have an adjustable step over. However, you can get a custom step-over. Keep in mind that the custom step over cannot be adjusted once built, and it does make the item non-returnable.
Q: Does the Ideal Fast Fit Panel door include a Draft Stopper?
A: Yes, this door does come with a draft stopper.
Q: What is the frame thickness of the Ideal Fast Fit Dog Door?
A: The frame thickness is 5/8".
Q: What type of flap does the Ideal Fast Fit cat doors for sliding glass doors come with?
A: It comes with the regular vinyl flap which has a plastic frame. If this breaks, we carry the replacement flap assembly and just the replacement flaps. If you have the old metal framing, then you'll probably only need then replacement flap for metal frames, not the whole assembly.
Q: Does the Fast Fit come with a cat option?
A: A cat could use this door, but there is an option that has a cat door installed as well.
Q: Can the Ideal Fast Fit come with an electric door?
A: Yes, it can come with a one way magnetic cat door, it's the Ideal E-Cat Electronic Panel.
Q: Why would someone decide to choose the keyed lock option for their Fast Fit door?
A: If you enter and exit your house using the sliding glass door, then you will want to have a way to lock up the from the outside when you leave. Because the lock from your slider doesn't mate with the dog door in sliding glass door, you'll want to add the keyed locking option, which does make the panel custom and non-returnable.
Q: Can I purchase the flap and frame together for my Ideal Fast Fit panel?
A: Yes, the Ideal Fast Fit Flap and Frame Assembly are available for purchase. Please make sure you are ordering the correct logo for your specific panel. If you no longer have the original flap, you can figure out what logo you have a couple of other ways. You can measure the entire width of the panel, as these measurements changed when the manufacturing location did. Another option is to unscrew the frame from the patio panel, if it's one piece that screws directly into the sides of the aluminum frame, it's an old style rectangular logo. If the frame is two pieces that screw into each other (not the metal panel directly) than it's a new style round logo. If you still have the original flap (plastic frame), you may be able to figure out which flap and frame you need by looking at this page.