Endura Flap Pet Door for Walls
Hands down the most energy efficient, flexible flap pet door. Not only will this pet door save you money on your heat/AC bills, but it’s built to last forever. If you’re looking for the best pet door to install through your wall for your dog or cat you’ll find the Endura Flap triumphs over the competition, and it happens to be designed and made in the USA!
Features of the Endura Flap Wall Mount
- Polyolefin-based flap is safe for both your pet and the environment. Still remains flexible in temps as low as -40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Choose from single or double flap; note single flap models have one flap on the interior frame, and dual flap models include a flap on the interior and exterior frame for added insulation.
- Four sizes with a high aspect ratio; they are taller and narrower making it ideal for multiple pet households or keeping the step over lower for older or handicap dogs and cats.
- Magnetic strips run the length of the sides and together with magnets at the bottom of the flap your pet door stays sealed in even the harshest conditions. Strength is adjustable for easy training.
- Heavy duty aluminum frame provides extreme strength and durability.
- Secure closing cover included allowing you to control access; constructed of material equal to 1/16” steel sheet.
- Aluminum tunnel designed to fits walls 2"-8" thick. Is your wall thicker than 8”? No worries there is just special framing required. Purchase the door mount version of the Endura Flap and have your contractor build out the tunnel for you.
- 90 day return policy and a 15 year warranty.
Perfect Time for an Endura Flap Pet Door
- If insulation is a concern, the Endura Flap is the most insulated pet door available. Perfect for extreme weather conditions, whether it be sun, snow, wind or rain.
- Replacing flaps frequently can be frustrating, however the Endura Flap often only needs replacing if a dog decides to take a bite out of it! It rotates on a rod at the top to eliminate any stress points that might tear over time.
- If you have multiple dogs sharing a pet door, the taller design of the Endura Flap can help you accommodate the height of the larger dog while keeping the flap low enough for the shorter dog to step through.
Note: Endura Flaps™ are not recommended for use by kittens or very small dogs. Cats and tiny dogs have been successful using the Small, however a few have found the Medium difficult to use. We would not recommend using the Large or Extra Large or any of the double flap versions for cats. While there are some cats who will use them, we also hear of plenty of cases where these pet doors actually keep the cats inside while allowing dogs out!
There has been lots of discussion as to why the Endura Flap is such a high performing pet door, but for engineers or those looking for some more technical information here is a 74-page dog door energy efficiency study showing what makes it so special.
Great Deal for a Limited Time: Get any Endura Flap Pet Door for Doors (single flap versions only) together with a Watchdog Security Locking Cover and get a 20% discount on both items! While this door already comes with a standard locking cover, this offer combines the best performance pet door with the best, most secure locking method for the ultimate pet door installation.
Q: Can a large dog & cat use the same double flap door?
A: We recommend cats use the small, single flap pet doors. Our doors have a strong magnetic seal which may be too strong for a cat. You can decrease the magnetic resistance of the pet door using this video. You will also want to make sure the door is mounted low enough for the small talk to walk through and high enough to clear the large dog's back.
Q: How do I know what size to get my dog?
A: When installing the pet door you want it to clear the top of your dog's back by 1-2 inches, minimum. You also want the step over to be comfortable. Lastly you want the width to allow your pet to go through without touching the sides. Here's a short video with tips on how to determine the correct size.
Q: Our concrete basement wall is 14 inches thick. Any ideas how we can make this work?
A: You should order an Endura Flap for Doors and build your own tunnel. Your tunnel can be make from wood or sheet metal. Note: make sure to caulk the seams to prevent leaks into your wall.
Q: Are the panels/flaps flexible?
A: The Endura Flap is a safe, soft, flexible flap. It remains flexible in temperatures as low as -40°F.
Q: Is a single flap enough for winter weather in the midwest?
A: A single Endura Flap is extremely energy-efficient and capable of withstanding winds up to 50 mph. It is the only door which allows you to increase the magnetic strength for increased wind resistance. It is recommended for timid pets. The double flap further increases the energy-efficiency.
Q: Is the door loud when the dog goes in or out?
A: When the flap gets to it's resting place there is a snapping sound when the magnets employ. This sound let's you know the door is doing its job sealing out the elements and keeping your heated or cooled air inside.
Q: Is it suitable for cats?
A: For cats we recommend the small, single flap pet doors.
Q: Will this pet door work in a home with a brick wall.
A: Yes. The tunnel that comes with the wall mount is for walls up to 8" thick. If your wall is thicker, you can buy a door mount and build your own tunnel.
Q: I do not have trouble with wind or rain, if I buy the single flap version of the wall dog door, is it possible to add the second flap in the future?
A: It is possible, but it not simple, nor is it inexpensive. You will need to buy a new tunnel, outer frame with flap and installation kit. The only item you will keep with your single flap in the wall pet door unit is the interior frame with flap.
Q: Where can I find a video that shows the installation of a wall mount pet door?
A: Instructions can be found on the 'Videos' tab. It will be the second video.
Q: What side does the locking cover slide in?
A: All locking covers slide in from the top. If you purchase a double flap model, the locking cover can be used on the inside or outside frame. If you purchase a single flap, the locking cover is on the interior frame.
Q: Past doors with plastic flaps always warp and thus let in air. How do these flaps hold up over time?
A: The Endura Flap is made with a special polymer called Polyolefin. It remains safe, soft and flexible in temperatures as low as -40°F. It does not yellow nor harden in the sun. The patented magnetic design ensures the door door seals well for years. In fact, the pet door and flap are backed by a 15 year warranty.
Q: Should the need arise, are replacement flaps available.
A: Yes. Here's a link to the replacement flap page for ordering.
Q: Are there color options other than white?
A: Yes, they are available in Tan and very Dark Bronze.
Q: I have a dog that I want to let out, but I want to prevent our cats from using it. Can the door be weighted to keep them from using it?
A: You can increase the magnetic strength of the door. Some people have found success doing this and keeping their cats inside.
Q: What material is the tunnel.
A: It is sturdy aluminum.
Q: I want to get the large pet door for my dog, but I am concerned about a person fitting through it.
A: All Endura Flap Pet Doors come with a locking cover. This cover can be used to keep you doggy in. It also can be used to keep intruders from entering your home. It is made from a special polymer that is as strong as 1/16 inch sheet of steel. Security consultants agree that dogs are a good burglar deterrent, especially one that barks. If you want to leave your pet door open make sure the gate to access your yard is locked and you post a Beware of Dog sign. Lastly, you can install an alarm system in the event someone enters your home.