Amount Donated Because Of You!
Flap Size: Small
Flap Type: Single Flap
Flap Type: Double Flap
|Flap Size: Medium ||Flap Type: Single Flap||$24.90|
|Flap Type: Double Flap||$35.90|
|Flap Size: Large ||Flap Type: Single Flap||$27.90|
|Flap Type: Double Flap||$40.90|
|Flap Size: Extra Large ||Flap Type: Single Flap||$33.90|
|Flap Type: Double Flap||$51.90|
Endura Flap Pet Door for Doors
The most energy efficient, flexible flap pet door is the Endura Flap. Not only will this pet door save you money on your heat/AC bills, but it will last you forever and it is backed with a superior 15 year warranty. If you’re looking for the best pet door for your dog or cat you’ll find the Endura Flap triumphs over the competition, and it happens to be designed and made in the USA!
Features of the Endura Flap Door Mount
- Flap material is a polyolefin-based polymer which is safe for your pets and the environment, and remains flexible in temperatures as low as -40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Select single or double flap; single flap models only have one flap on the interior frame, and double flap models have a flap on the interior and exterior frame for extra insulation.
- Four different sizes that have a high aspect ratio, meaning they are taller and narrower to better fit more pets.
- Solid magnet strips along the sides and magnets at the bottom of the flap keep your pet door sealed year round. Strength is adjustable for easy training.
- UV and wind resistant, the Endura Flap has been designed to remain sealed in winds up to 50 mph.
- Heavy duty aluminum frame provides extreme strength and durability.
- Durable and secure locking cover to close your pet door when necessary; equivalent to 1/16” steel.
- Designed to fit doors 1/2" - 1 3/4" in the single flap version and 1 3/4" to 2 1/4" in the double flap version. (Adjusting the single flap to less than 1 3/8" requires cutting the trim frame with a jig saw)
- 90 day return policy, and a generous 15 year warranty for your peace of mind.
Perfect Time for an Endura Flap Pet Door
- If insulation is a concern, the Endura Flap is the most insulated pet door available. Perfect for extreme weather conditions, whether it be sun, snow, wind or rain.
- Replacing flaps frequently can be frustrating, however the Endura Flap often only needs replacing if a dog decides to take a bite out of it! It rotates on a rod at the top to eliminate any stress points that might tear over time.
- If you have multiple dogs sharing a pet door, the taller design of the Endura Flap can help you accommodate the height of the larger dog while keeping the flap low enough for the shorter dog to step through.
Note: Endura Flaps™ are not recommended for use by kittens or very small dogs. Cats and tiny dogs have been successful using the Small, however a few have found the Medium difficult to use. We would not recommend using the Large or Extra Large or any of the double flap versions for cats. While there are some cats who will use them, we also hear of plenty of cases where these pet doors actually keep the cats inside while allowing dogs out!
There has been lots of discussion as to why the Endura Flap is such a high performing pet door, but for engineers or those looking for some more technical information here is a 74-page dog door energy efficiency study showing what makes it so special.
Great Deal for a Limited Time: Get any Endura Flap Pet Door for Doors (single flap versions only) together with a Watchdog Security Locking Cover and get a 20% discount on both items! While this door already comes with a standard locking cover, this offer combines the best performance pet door with the best, most secure locking method for the ultimate pet door installation.
Endura Flap™ Door Mount
Congratulations on your purchase of one of the finest pet doors made, featuring the exclusive Endura Flap™.
Installation Instructions For Single and Double Flap Models
For single flap door mounts
1 flap frame • 1 trim frame
4x 1-3/4 inch screws • 4x 2-1/4 inch screws
For double flap door mounts
2 flap frames • 4 tunnel pieces • 1 tube of silicone
4x 2-1/4 inch screws • 4x 2-3/4 inch screws
For both single and double flap door mounts:
1 installation template • 8 hole plugs
2 weather-strips • 1 warranty card
3/8 inch drill bit
Jigsaw or reciprocating saw
Phillips head screwdriver
Please read instructions thoroughly before beginning installation.
1. Tape the provided template to the door. The top edge of the cut-out line should be 1-1/4 inch (or more) above the dog’s withers (shoulders) for the single flap door mount, and 2 inches for the double flap door mount. Be careful not to unduly reduce the strength of the door by cutting too close to the bottom of the door.
2. Mark the hole centers for the four holes and remove the template.
3. Drill the four 3/8 inch holes. Note Drill bit needs to be long enough to go through the interior and exterior of the door. It should be both level and straight when making the holes to ensure the two frames will align properly.
4. Draw lines to connect the outsides of the holes using a straight edge as shown on the template.
5. Cut along the line as shown in Figure 3.
Note Jigsaw needs to be level and straight when cutting the lines to ensure the two frames will align properly.
6. Install the weather-stripping into the groove on both frames with the start /end gap at the bottom.
7. If a single flap door mount, place the pet door trim frame on the outside of the door and the flap frame on the inside and skip to Step 14.
8. If a double flap door mount, assemble the four-piece tunnel by first bending the screw tabs down as shown in Figure 4 in the top and bottom tunnel pieces (the two identical shorter pieces). Note Only bend the tabs once, bending more than once may result in the tabs breaking off.
Figure 5: Remove the four flap assembly screws
9. Remove the screws in the four corners of the flap frame assembly as shown in Figure 5.
10. Place the top piece on, with the bent tabs down and align the top piece so the holes in the tabs lines up with the screw holes in the flap frame and screw in as shown in Figure 6. Repeat for the bottom piece.
11. Slide in the tunnel side pieces as shown in Figure 7.
12. Bend the tabs down with your thumb or a screwdriver handle.
13. Place the flap frame with the tunnel attached on the inside and the other flap frame outside.
14. Select the 2-1/4 inch set of screws for 1-3 /4 inch doors and the shorter set for 1-3/8 inch doors. Insert these into the pet door from the inside. For doors with a thickness of less than
1-3/8 inch, see special instructions. For doors between 1-3/4 inch and 2-1/4 inch with the double flap door mount, use the 2-3 /4 inch screws.
15. Start all four screws as shown in Figure 8, but do not tighten.
16. Before tightening down the screws, check that the pet door is level and adjust as needed.
17. Tighten the screws until the weather-stripping compresses and the pet door touches the door. Do not over tighten.
18. Hammer the hole covers into the frame using the wooden end of a hammer (or similar non metal tool).
19. For double flap door mounts, apply silicone along the inside of the tunnel where it mates with the flap frames to seal your pet door from the elements. Failure to seal your pet door can lead to severe water damage.
For expert installation help, replacement flaps and parts or other quality pet door products, visit PetDoors.com or call
800-826-2871 (Press 2)
Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. PST
Endura Flap™ | U.S. Pat. No. 7,814,956 | Pat. Pending