The Ideal Pet Products E-Cat Door
This Cat door is a self-framing, electronic pet door with a built in 2-way lock in addition to the electronic function. The '2-way' lock offers: The normal locked and unlocked position but it also offers a 3rd option of unlocked and no collar key required which would probably be useful in training.
The manufacturer specifies the size as suitable for cats to 15 lbs. We would expect this pet door to be suitable for even larger cats and suggest you simulate the opening for any cats up to about 25 lbs to see if the size would work for them.
The manufacturer recommends against use by dogs and we concur. There are two possible problems. First, the collar key needs to touch the sensor plate to reliably activate and dogs tend to approach in a more upright posture. Second, if a dog is charging the pet door, it may not react quickly enough to unlock.
One collar key is included together with a 'break away' collar to hang the key from. Or you may use your own collar.
The flap is clear polycarbonate and measures 7" x 9". This very strong flap material is an excellent feature in a cat door.
It is self-framing from 1 1/4"to 1 3/4" which covers all interior and exterior standard dimension doors. The pet door may be installed in a thinner door by shimming the opening to at least 1 1/4". Available in white frame only.
Electronic control is in one direction only. 9 volt battery included.
Hammer and Awl (or Nail)
Drill and ⅜” Drill Bit
Wear Safety Goggles
1. Center the template in the middle of the door and tape in place. Make sure to place the top of the template to be at least one inch above the pet’s shoulder.
2. With the template in place, use a pencil to draw around the inside edge of the template onto door. You can use a nail mark the screw holes.
3. Drill four outer screw holes
4. Mark and drill 4 starter holes on the inside corners. Using a saw, cut along inside edge pencil line.
5. Insert outer frame into the exterior opening(frame must be flush with door surface).
6. Place the inner beauty ring into opening from interior door and hold in place. Install screws and tighten until snug.
7. Using the red dial on the door, you can adjust the locking mechanism as needed.
How to connect and/or replace the battery:
1. Remove screw on battery panel and remove the panel
2. Insert the battery supplied into plug, and then into compartment
3. Replace panel and reattach screw It is recommended to change your battery every 6 months.