All Weather Cat Door
The Ideal Ruff Weather Cat Door (aka Perfect Pet All Weather Cat Doors) is self-framing for doors from 3/4" up to 1 3/4" thick. It includes an all weather injection molded structural foam adjustable frame, weather seal gasket and nylon window pile for added insulation.
Many who have purchased this door say that it's easy to install, and even easier to get your cat to use it. With minimal interference, installation and first use can take place within 45 - 50 minutes.
There are two clear flexible vinyl flaps: one on each side for better insulation and wind resistance value. There is also one locking cover. The magnet bar at the bottom 'floats' up to the bottom of the flap for a better seal at the bottom of the flap.
A special wall kit is available to allow 'self-framing' in a 2x4 or 2x6 stud wall.
Hammer and Awl (Nail)
Drill with ½” and ⅜” drill bits
Electric Screwdriver with Phillips Bit
1. After measuring your pet from feet to shoulder, use a level to mark a straight line at this measurement on the door. Make sure the top of the flap will be at least two inches above your pet’s shoulder height.
2. Place the template in middle of door and line up the top edge of template to the straight lined mark you made. Tape the template in place.
Manufacturer’s Note: The bottom edge of the template should not be less than 4” from the bottom edge of your door.
3. Use a pencil to draw around the inside edge of the template onto the door. Mark where the four outer door screw holes and center points will be. Next, mark the four inside cutout points.
4. Cut your opening- Using a saw, begin on the inside edge, cut on your pencil line all the way around. Remove cutout section when completed. Clean out any excess debris from the hole.
5. Insert “Outer Frame” into opening from exterior side (frame should be flush with door). Place “Inner Frame” into opening from inside your home and hold in place. Install screws and tighten until snug. Do not over tighten.
6. Slide locking cover into the channel on the frame.