Ideal Screen Fit Pet Door
Good simple choice for a through screen pet door. The design makes this door a bit better than others for slightly more active pets. Simple and easy installation makes this perfect for renters.
Features of the Ideal Screen Fit
- Very easy installation, no drilling required.
- Frame is a durable plastic with an ABS sheet used for the flap, not your existing screen that might tear like other models.
- Sliding locks allow you to close off the door when not in use.
- Can be installed in sliders, windows, or screen storm doors.
Perfect Time for a Screen Fit Pet Door
- If you are looking for a more durable pet door to install directly through your screen.
- Great for small dogs and cats.
This door is a “snap” to assemble and is equipped with a magnetic flap closure and contains “dual slide locks” to keep your pet in or out.
1. Remove screen frame from a window or screen door to install your Screen Fit Pet Door.
2. Lay your outside screen frame side down on a flat surface.
3. It is recommended that you insert your Screen-Fit Pet Door at least 2” from the bottom and side of your window or screen door frame.
4. Place the outside frame (with magnet at the bottom) under screen, making sure the arrows on the top of frame are pointing in the “up” direction.
5. Align the exterior frame evenly to the bottom and side of your window or screen door frame.
6. With a sharp blade, make small cuts in the screen at the two top hinge grooves.
7. Position flap assembly (with the slide locks facing towards you) into the outside frame by aligning the flap with the top hinge location grooves at the top of the frame.
8. With the flap assembly in place, position interior frame over the exterior frame, and align the posts and cavities.
9. When properly aligned, use a mallet to tap the frames together, making sure there is no gap or spaces between the inside and out. This will hold the inside flap assembly in position and secure the frames to the screen.
Note: Do not cut the clear plastic on the inside flap assembly.
10. Lift the flap assembly with a sharp blade. Cut the screen around the inner portion of the frame along all four sides to make the flap opening.
11. Trim excess screen fragments using a sharp blade, allowing the flap to swing freely.
12. You can now replace screen frame into window or screen frame.