Magnador 2 Way Cat Door
Magnador Pet Doors are cat doors that offer very good durability for a range of installation options. Customers say that this is one of the best door options available considering its price, and have gotten much use out of it over many years.
The flap and frame are injection-molded polypropylene, making them particularly sturdy.
Each size has two black twist knobs at the bottom, which are used to grip the flap to lock it shut when desired.
The frame shown is the entire cat door; there is no decorative frame for the other side. You finish the other side of the door or wall any way you please or not at all. It is important to note that for any wall and for any hollow-core door you must 'frame out' the opening before installing the pet door in order to prevent water intrusion into the wall or door. On a solid core door, you should finish the bare wood after cutting to prevent water damage.
⅛” and ⅜” drill bits
Check installation location to make sure nothing will interfere with the swinging door panel when fully extended.
1. Use the shoulder height of your tallest pet to set the height of the opening of the pet door. Make sure the pet door is installed on a flat surface.
2. Use masking tape to fasten the template to the mounting location
3. Mark the screw positions and the 4 corner marks through the template provided
4. Use a straightedge to draw a line connecting all four corners. Then take a level to double check the lines are straight.
5. Drill four, ⅜” holes INSIDE of each corner of the cut out area. Use a jig saw to cut on the line to all four corners.
6. Using the ⅛” bit, drill ¾” deep pilot holes at each location marked from the template. Do not drill completely through the mounting area, these are pilot holes.
7. Now install the pet door and lightly tighten the screws for a test fit.
8. Remove the four corner screws from the test fit and take the Magnador Cat Door from the mounting surface. Apply a bead of caulk between the raised guidelines on the back surface of the door.
9. Re-install the Magnador Cat Door by loosely installing the four corner screws and gently press against the mounting surface to compress the caulk and provide tight weather seal.
10. Again, install the pet door and lightly tighten the screws.
11. If there is no rubbing then tighten down the screws evenly.