Magnador 2 Way Pet Door
Quality doors at an affordable price, Magnador Dog Doors are old standby dog doors that offer very good durability in a pet door. Customers say that this is one of the best dog door options available considering its price, and have gotten much use out of it over many years.
The flap and frames are injection-molded polypropylene, and will resist chewing. Frames are available in both white and bronze (very dark brown), and flaps can be replaced as needed by the user.
Each size has two black twist knobs at the bottom, which are used to grip the flap to lock it shut when desired.
The frame shown is the entire dog door; there is no decorative frame for the other side. You finish the other side of the door or wall any way you please or not at all. It is important to note that for any wall and for any hollow-core door you must 'frame out' the opening before installing the pet door in order to prevent water intrustion into the wall or door. On a solid core door, you should finish the bare wood after cutting to prevent water damage.
These doors are an inexpensive way to outfit a kennel when placed on the opposite side of a guillotine door to lock or unlock the run. Complete replacement parts are available and the door is priced very reasonably.
It used to be that Magnador, especially the very popular large size was quite susceptible to being blown open by wind. Magnador has addressed this problem by offering a 'heavy magnet' version for both the medium and large sizes. We think this is a very important improvement.
Watch this video to see the best features of the Magnador Pet Door in action!
We used to see this Magnador Display at Trade Shows 25 Years Ago!
VIDEO Items Required: Good exterior caulk such as Silicone or Vulkem Pencil Electric Drill ⅛” or ⅜” bits Jig Saw Straight Edge Masking Tape Phillips Screwdriver Instructions:
1. Check installation location to make sure nothing will get in the way of the door as it swings opens.
2. Use the shoulder height of your pet, set the height of the opening of the pet door. Make sure the pet door will be installed on a flat surface.
3. With masking tape, place the template against its exact installation location.
4. Mark the screw positions and the 4 corners on the template with a pencil.
5. Draw a line to connect all four corner marks
Note: The area inside the 4 corners will be cut out for the door
6. Drill four, ⅜” holes INSIDE of each corner of the cut out area. Use a jig saw to cut along the marked line which connects the four corners.
7. Using the ⅛” bit, drill ¾” deep holes at each location marked from the template. Do not drill completely through the mounting area yet, these are “pilot” holes.
Note: The Rain Hood should be on the outside for maximum weather protection. Again, check that the door panel will swing freely through the cutout area.
8. Remove the four corner screws from the test fit, then remove the pet door from the mounting surface to apply a bead of caulk on the back surface of the door. The caulk should be between the raised lines.
9. Re-install the Magnador by loosely twisting in the corner screws. Press against the mounting surface to flatten the caulk and provide a tight weather seal.
10. Install the remaining mounting screws but do not tighten.
11. Check again for an unobstructed swing of the hinged door panel. If rubbing occurs between the frame and the panel, push the frame gently in an opposite direction that will reduce rubbing. Tighten the mounting screws.
12. Tighten remaining screws evenly to apply sufficient pressure on the caulk.
Click below to expand: Can I install this in a wall or kennel?
Yes. If you install this in a wall, make sure to seal the inside and sides of the wall to prevent moisture from entering.
Does this keep the cold and heat out?
This would not be the best door for keeping the heat or cold out. If you want something more insulating, we recommend the
Endura Flap Is the flap chewproof?
It is chew resistant. To train your pets not to chew on the flap, we recommend rubbing a bit of vasaline and cayenne pepper on the flap.
What door thicknesses will this fit on?
You can install this on doors of any thickness because there is only 1 frame, as long as you propery frame out the openings.
Why is there no inside frame to this pet door?
This is designed to be installed in any location at an affordable price. You can frame out the door yourself with wood or similar material for a more aesthetic look.
What colors does this come in?
This comes in white and bronze (very dark brown).
Will a cat be able to open this door?
It depends on what size you get and how determined your cat is. If you are concered about keeping your cat in, we would recommend a electronic pet door instead.
Does this have a locking cover?
No, but there is a lock on the frame of the flap to prevent entry or exit. There are small locking knobs that you can position to lock the flap when needed.
Where can I get a repacement flap?
Replacement flaps are available
here. Can I use a soft flap with this pet door?
Unfortunately there is no soft flap that is compatible with this pet door.