Dragon Pet Door For Vinyl Sliding Glass Doors - Installation Instructions
- 1 Panel Pet Door with a Pre-Installed Dragon Pet Door
- 1 Foam Weather Strip Seal
- 1 C-Clamp Lock
- 1 Locking Cover
Please read instructions & notes thoroughly before installation.
Step 1 Adjust the Spring-Mechanism
- Loosen the height adjustment locks at the top of the panel. This allows the spring mechanism to move freely up and down.
Step 2 Test-Fit the Panel
- Insert the panel into the top track of your framing, push the panel into the spring mechanism and swing the bottom of the panel up and over the threshold into the rail at the bottom.
- If you can't quite clear the track, try swinging in from the outside as the outside track wall may be shorter.
Step 3 Apply the Weather Stripping
Step 4 Secure the Panel in the Track
- Place the panel back into the sliding glass door, then tighten the height adjustment locks to lock it in place. Installation complete!
LOCKING YOUR DOOR
Since you cannot lock your sliding glass door to your panel pet door, we have provided you with an alternative locking method to secure your home.
Installing the Sliding Door Clamp Lock:
The clamp has a thumb screw which tightens by hand to prevent the sliding door from moving beyond the clamp’s placement. For doors manufactured with the glass slider on the inside track, the lock can usually be installed on the door’s raised track.
If you aren't able to use the lock that comes with the panel:
A great alternative to locking your sliding glass door is a charley bar or dowel in the track. Both work off the same concept—they block the slider from opening. When engaged you cannot pull the sliding door away from the pet door panel. It’s a fancier version of the classic broomstick handle in the track method!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What if my panel is slightly too tall?
You can trim up to 5/16” off the spring-loaded adjustment piece at the top. This can be done by removing the adjustment pieces with a #2 Phillips Head screwdriver and cutting down the flanges. Be careful not to cut too low.
The dark area marks where you can trim:
What if my panel is slightly too short?
We offer height extensions that will add 1-1/2" to the top of the panel that you slide into the channel at the top. These are made from the same vinyl as the panel so the color will match exactly. If the extension makes the panel feel unstable, you can secure it with screws.
What if the panel is wobbling slightly back and forth?
If your track is wider than 1-1/2", you can use small wooden shims or extra weather-stripping to fill in the gap inside the top and bottom tracks. By placing the material inside the tracks you won't be able to see it, but it will stabilize the panel.