Endura Flap Pet Door For Doors (Single Flap) - Installation Instructions
- 1 Installation Template
- 8 Hole Plugs
- 4 2-1/4" (5.7cm) Screws
- 1 Locking Cover
- 2 Flap Frames
- 4 Tunnel Pieces
- 1 Tube of Silicone
- 4 2-3/4" (7,0 cm) Screws
- Drill with 3/8" (9,5 mm) drill bit
- Measuring Tape
- Jigsaw or Reciprocating Saw
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Rubber Mallet (or hammer and block of wood
- Safety gear, mask, gloves & clamps recommended
Please read instructions & notes thoroughly before installation.
Single Flap Wall Mount
Step 1 Measure your Pet
- Tape the provided template to the door. The top edge of the cut-out line should be at least 2" (3.2 cm) above the dog's shoulders
Step 2 Drill Holes
- Once you are certain the pet door will work with your door, drill through the holes marked on the template with a 3/8" (9,5 mm) bit
Step 3 Trace Template and Cut Door
- Draw lines to connect the outsides of the holes using a straight edge and/or level, then cut along the line with a saw
Step 4 Check Weather-Stripping
Step 5 Position Frames
- Place the trim frame on the outside of the door and the flap frame on the inside
Step 6 Select Screws & Insert
- Select appropriate screws and insert into the pet door from the inside. Short screws for 1 3/8" (3,5 cm) thick doors Long Screws screws in doors 1 ¾" (4,4 cm) thick doors
Step 7 Tighten Screws
- Once the pet door is leveled, tighten the screws so that the weather-stripping compresses and the frames touch the door.
Step 8 Insert Hole Plugs
- Use the wooden end of a hammer, rubber mallet, or other non-metal tool to tap in the hole plugs.
Make sure that you double check the total thickness of the door as the single and double flap models fit different ranges. The single flap fits doors from ½” – 1 ¾” (1.3 cm – 4.4 cm) thick and the double flap fits doors 1 ¾” – 2 ¼” (4.4 cm – 5.7 cm) thick. If you are using the double flap and your door is less than 1 ¾” (4.4 cm), you will need to build out with shims or weather-stripping to get the door to at least 1 ¾” (4.4 cm) in thickness for a tight fit.
The best way to install the pet door is to have it straddle the recessed area of one of the panels. Have the pet door sit on the flat area in the middle, side, and below the recessed panel. The frame will cross the recessed area on the top, so you will be left with a gap. The easiest way to fill this gap is to get battens or shims from a local hardware store, and cut them to fit. When that gap is mostly filled, caulk the remaining areas to seal the doggy door to the surface of the people door. If the space is very irregular you can also use a squishy foam weather stripping, which will compress down for a tight fit. When finished, use caulking to seal the door.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.