The PlexiDor Pet Door Awning is intended to help shelter the pet door from wind, rain, snow and sun. The awning is intended for use on wall installations as well as door installations. Note that for a door install it is important to be sure that the awning protruding nearly 2 feet will not bang into anything as you open the door.
Large and XL: 23 1/4" wide by 16 5/8" deep
Medium: 16" wide by 12" deep
Small: 12" wide by 8" deep
Available in white and bronze (very dark brown) anodized aluminum.
The PlexiDor awning may be used in connection with any pet door in addition to the PlexiDor line of pet doors!
PlexiDor Awning Instructions:
1. Make sure that you install the awning above the pet door high enough so that your dog will not run into it.
2. You can use the included seven #8 pan-head screws or if you choose a different type of screw that is appropriate for your application. Such as using anchors for screws through stucco walls.
3. The screws should be placed on the underside of the awning, through the back into the door or wall.
4. Make sure that you caulk around the awning after you install it.
5. If the awning is used on a door we suggest that you use a door stop. This will prevent the door from opening too far so it hits the wall. We do not include that part, but it can be purchased at a local hardware store.