PlexiDor Pet Door for Walls
There’s no need to settle when it comes to your convenience, and your pet’s comfort. The PlexiDor Dog Door is a high quality, self-framing pet door designed to be installed in any wall from 4” - 12” in thickness. The rigid flap flap makes this among the most durable pet doors for regular residential use.
Features of the PlexiDor
- PlexiDors have uniquely designed flaps that swing from the sides like saloon doors (the small size swings from one side only) and are manufactured of clear, rigid acrylic.
- The flaps are hollow (1/8” air space), rigid, and weather-stripped.
- These doors tend to perform better than most in terms of insulation.
- The extra large size is made of solid acrylic that is 3/8" thick.
- The flaps are centered using springs, and are relatively easy to push. The small size comes with a built in 4-way lock.
- Medium, Large, and Extra Large include a keyed lock and a steel locking cover that fastens to the inside of the pet door with four bolts.
- The PlexiDor tunnel is sloped toward the outside so that water tends to run out rather than sit in the tunnel or drain into the home.
- If you plan to use the steel closing cover frequently, consider purchasing the optional Sliding Cover Tracks as well for easy installation.
- Available in Bronze, White, or Satin.
Perfect Time for a PlexiDor
- These flaps are very strong and durable, unlike flexible vinyl types making them practically chew proof.
- The flaps are easier to push, which makes this a good choice for smaller pets sharing with larger pets.
- If you have a thicker wall this one frames up to 12” so it’s great for brick and thicker wall applications.
- The locking features on the Medium, Large, and Extra Large make this doggy door one of the safest for security.
Q: Why is the tunnel on the Plexidor Wall Mount sloped?
A: The tunnel on the Plexidor Wall Mount is sloped to encourage rainwater to flow toward the outside of the wall mount dog door and not into your house.