PlexiDor Pet Door for Walls
There’s no need to settle when it comes to your convenience, and your pet’s comfort. The PlexiDor Dog Door is a high quality, self-framing pet door designed to be installed in any wall from 4” - 12” in thickness. The rigid flap flap makes this among the most durable pet doors for regular residential use.
Features of the PlexiDor
- PlexiDors have uniquely designed flaps that swing from the sides like saloon doors (the small size swings from one side only) and are manufactured of clear, rigid acrylic.
- The flaps are hollow (1/8” air space), rigid, and weather-stripped.
- These doors tend to perform better than most in terms of insulation.
- The extra large size is made of solid acrylic that is 3/8" thick.
- The flaps are centered using springs, and are relatively easy to push. The small size comes with a built in 4-way lock.
- Medium, Large, and Extra Large include a keyed lock and a steel locking cover that fastens to the inside of the pet door with four bolts.
- The PlexiDor tunnel is sloped toward the outside so that water tends to run out rather than sit in the tunnel or drain into the home.
- If you plan to use the steel closing cover frequently, consider purchasing the optional Sliding Cover Tracks as well for easy installation.
- Available in Bronze, White, or Satin.
Perfect Time for a PlexiDor
- These flaps are very strong and durable, unlike flexible vinyl types making them practically chew proof.
- The flaps are easier to push, which makes this a good choice for smaller pets sharing with larger pets.
- If you have a thicker wall this one frames up to 12” so it’s great for brick and thicker wall applications.
- The locking features on the Medium, Large, and Extra Large make this doggy door one of the safest for security.
Q: Why is the tunnel on the Plexidor Wall Mount sloped?
A: The tunnel on the Plexidor Wall Mount is sloped to encourage rainwater to flow toward the outside of the wall mount dog door and not into your house.
Q: How thick of a wall can this door accommodate?
A: The PlexiDor Wall Mount can accommodate walls 4-12" thick
Q: Is this door good for cold weather?
A: Yes, this is one of the top 3 doors we recommend for rough weather & cold climates.
Q: How do the flaps work?
A: The flaps are uniquely designed to swing from the cides like saloon doors. The flaps are hollow (1/8" air space), rigid, and weatherstripped.
Q: It was mounted slightly crooked, Can it be adjusted by removing the screws without causing leaks?
A: If the hole has already been cut out, it may be difficult to be readjusted without causing leaks. For this situation, we would advise filling in the "leaking" areas with caulk after the door has been repositioned.
Q: How does this door lock?
A: The small size comes with a 4-way lock. All other sizes include a keyed lock and a steel locking cover that fastens to the inside of the pet door with four bolts.
Q: Is this door hard to install?
A: Not anymore than some of our other standard wall mounts, but one thing that needs to be specially noted is that the PlexiDor tunnel is sloped toward the outside so that water runs out rather than sitting in the tunnel or going into the home. Thus, the hole in the wall needs to be cut at a slight angle.
Q: Is the flap flexible?
A: No. These flaps are made of clear, rigid acrylic and very strong and durable, unlike flexible vinyl types, which make them practically chew proof.
Q: Can a big and small dog share this door?
A: Yes. The flaps are centered using springs and they're relatively easy to push, which makes it a good option for pets of varying sizes sharing a door.
Q: What material is the locking cover?
Q: Do I need the sliding track in order for the locking cover to work?
A: No, the sliding track is optional. It is meant to make your life easier by not having to manually screw in the cover every time