PlexiDor Electronic Dog
Hands down the best motorized door you can get. Perfect for large dogs, or large and small sharing, it will keep out anything that doesn't have a key. The longest of any manufacturer warranty at a full 5 years shows just how dependable this door is.
Features of the PlexiDor Electronic
- Largest pet door opening of the electronic doors at 12 3/4" w x 20" h.
- Pet door is extremely tough with a shatter resistant panel and heavy, thick aluminum frame that won't bend.
- The collar key is RFID so no batteries required and it’s completely waterproof.
- RFID chip doesn't interfere with your existing hidden fencing system or your alarm system and nearby appliances won't set it off. It's waterproof, shockproof and rugged.
- In the event of a power failure, the pet door resets automatically so there is no need to reprogram.
- One button programming to add or change collar codes quickly and simply.
- The PlexiDor may be plugged into a regular wall outlet. Since there is a power jack on both sides of the door, it may be easily connected to a wall outlet on either side using its 6' power cord (included). An electrician could also hard wire it inside the wall for a neater look.
- Panel open time can be easily adjusted from 1 second to 15 seconds.
- Door panel employs a safety feature so it will not close if obstructed.
- Comes with 2 RFID collar keys - 0.4 oz / 1 7/8" x 13/16" diameter.
- Door thickness must be 1 3/4". A thinner door may be shimmed to fit but a thicker door would not work.
Why Choose a PlexiDor Electronic?
- To let your pets come and go while keeping other neighborhood pets or other animals out.
- For security and peace of mind, only your pet can access your home with their unique collar key.
- To prevent the wind from blowing open the pet door, since electronic pet doors are wind-proof.
- Lock baby in while letting the pets out.
Q: How do you change open/close time on the PlexiDor Electronic Pet Door?
1. First remove the cover of the motor on your pet door by squeezing on both sides and tipping the motor cover down & out.
2. Remove the panel cover screw which you'll find below and to the left of the metal spring. When you remove this screw, hold the panel in place with your hand or it will drop down. Slide down the panel cover and you'll see the green electronic control board. Find the switches marked "Close Time" and "Open Time". [Diagram #8A]
3. Changing Open Times: Flip the dip switches to match the settings shown in Diagram #8B for your desired time frame.
4. Changing Close Times: Flip the dip switches to match the settings shown in Diagram #8C for your desired time frame.
Q: Do the collar keys need batteries?
A: No, the collar key is RFID so batteries are not necessary
Q: How much does the collar key weight?
A: It weights 0.4 ounces.
Q: Is this energy efficient?
A: It is very efficient, and the manufacturer says that it can save you as much as 10% of your energy bill.
Q: How many pets can use this door?
A: Up to 5 pets
Q: Can I purchase extra collar keys?
A: Yes, here are the extra collar keys.
Q: Why is this so expensive?
A: This pet door is designed with your home security in mind. It is the most secure electronic pet door for large dogs in the market today. Also as with anything the higher the quality the higher the price.
Q: Can my cat and my large dogs use this door?
A: Yes, if all your animals have a collar key. However the collar key can be a little bulky for smaller pets.
Q: How do I install this?
A: Visit the 'Videos' tab for detail information about how to install the Plexidor Electronic Dog Door.
Q: Can I get this for a wall?
A: Yes, here is the Plexidor Pet Doors for Walls.
Q: Is this door lound when in use?
A: You can hear the motors running softly when it is in use.