PlexiDor Pet Door for Doors
There’s no need to settle when it comes to your convenience, and your pet’s comfort. The PlexiDor Dog Door is a high quality, self-framing pet door designed to be installed in any solid or hollow core door from 0-1 ¾" in thickness. The rigid flap flap makes this among the most durable pet doors for regular residential use.
Features of the PlexiDor PlexiDors have uniquely designed flaps that swing from the sides like saloon doors (the small size swings from one side only) and are manufactured of clear, rigid acrylic. The flaps are hollow (1/8” air space), rigid, and weather-stripped. These doors tend to perform better than most in terms of insulation. The extra large size is made of solid acrylic that is 3/8" thick. The flaps are centered using springs, and are relatively easy to push. The small size comes with a built in 4-way lock. Medium, Large, and Extra Large include a keyed lock and a steel locking cover that fastens to the inside of the pet door with four bolts. The PlexiDor tunnel is sloped toward the outside so that water tends to run out rather than sit in the tunnel or drain into the home. If you plan to use the steel closing cover frequently, consider purchasing the optional Sliding Cover Tracks as well for easy installation. Available in Bronze, White, or Satin. Perfect Time for a PlexiDor These flaps are very strong and durable, unlike flexible vinyl types making them practically chew proof. The flaps are easier to push, which makes this a good choice for smaller pets sharing with larger pets. If you have a door that is extra thin, such as some storm doors, this pet door can be installed in very thin material. The locking features on the Medium, Large, and Extra Large make this doggy door one of the safest for security. VIDEO
Tools you will need:
- Drill Level or Plumb Line
- 1/2” Drill Bit Jig Saw with a Wood or Metal Blade - 3/8” Drill Bit Ruler - Felt Tip Pen Center Punch - Hammer Phillips Head/Flat Head Screwdrivers
Your Plexidor must be fitted with springs at the top and in a true vertical position or it will not work properly. Please check this with a level or plumb line.
1. See Owner's Manual for correct position of pet door.
2. Tape template securely to the INSIDE of your house door.
3. With a center punch and hammer make a firm indent through the template into the door at the center cross of the 12 holes (14 holes for Extra Large). Then remove template.
4. With a 1/2” drill bit, drill through your door to make the four corner holes (marked A), drilling right through the door. Ease pressure when breaking through the surface.
5. With a 3/8” drill bit, drill through your door in the same way as step 4 to make the four holes (marked B).
6. With a 3/8” drill bit, make the four holes (marked C), drilling only 3/4” deep.
7. With a felt tip pen and ruler, mark out on door the thick dashed sawing lines (marked D).
8. With a Jig Saw, cut along sawing lines.
9. Place pet door in position with springs at top. Spring mechanisms must be able to operate freely.
DO NOT REMOVE SPRING COVERS.
10. Use the four long 2” 10-32 machine screws to connect the interior frame to the 2 exterior pieces of framing with threaded inserts. The inserts should point towards the inside. Make sure the square edge of the exterior sides and exterior bottom pieces are towards the inside of the pet door. Do not over-tighten the screws. Test the pet door flaps to make sure they move freely.
11. Complete exterior frame by screwing the top gutter and the lower piece to your house door using the 4 small #6 screws.
Q: I have a Plexidor Door for my dog, but the lock broke. How do I get a new lock?
A: You can purchase a
Plexidor Lock, Cam and Key set to replace the lock.