The Plexidor Wall Tunnel Kit is useful if you have a Plexidor pet door and want to install it in a wall instead of a door. The wall must be between 4" and 12" thick. This kit is available for all "side swinging" or "saloon" style Plexidors but not for the top swinging large Kennelplex with Bite Guard Plexidor.An important feature of this kit is that the outside framing is 2" taller than the rough cut out of the Plexidor that it fits. The result is that there is a downward slope to the tunnel which encourages rainwater to flow toward the outside.As with all wall installations, we recommend a licensed contractor for the installation.
Plexidor Wall Tunnel Kit Instructions
Remember that the outside framing is 2" taller than the rough cut out of the Plexidor that it fits, which encourages rainwater to flow toward the outside. As with all wall installations, we recommend a licensed contractor for the installation.
1. Cut hole into wall according to the rough cut out height and using the template provided. It is recommended to use a 14” masonry saw for cutting through thick surfaces. Be sure to check for electrical, plumbing or other vulnerable components in the wall before cutting out the entire hole. Also, because the inside and outside holes are different, line up the top of both holes. The tunnel should slope slightly so as to drain any water or snow to the outside.
2. You can install the door on the inside wall using 4 screws. Temporarily install the outside frame with tape, so you can measure and cut the tunnel pieces accurately.
3. Hold the top and bottom of the tunnel in place and mark the outside edge; cut the tunnel pieces just ⅛” shorter than your marks. Cut with an aluminum jigsaw blade. Make sure to sand down the surface after. Screw the top piece in place with flat head steel screws,. Repeat for the bottom.
4. Install the tunnel sides by holding the pieces in place, mark and cut these ⅛”s shorter than your marks. Remove the temporary screws that are holding the outside frame if you installed those, and screw in each sheet with stainless steel pan head screws.
5. Use sticky caulking to fill area between tunnel kit and wall, but do not use any silicone or caulking on the inside frame.
Q: Why is the tunnel on the Plexidor Wall Mount sloped?
A: The tunnel on the Plexidor Wall Mount is sloped to encourage rainwater to flow toward the outside of the wall mount dog door and not into your house.