|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Rough Cut Out||Outside Frame Dimension||Stock No|
|Small||4 3/4" w x 7" h||7 5/8" w x 9 5/8" h||9 1/8" w x 10 1/2" h||03ZS03|
|Medium||8 1/2" w x 12 1/2" h||11 1/8" w x 14 7/8" h||12 5/8" w x 15 3/4" h||03ZS04|
|Large||11 1/2" w x 17" h||14" w x 18 7/8" h||15 1/2" w x 19 3/4" h||03ZS05|
|Extra Large||14 1/2" w x 19 1/2" h||17 1/4" w x 21 3/4" h||18 3/4" w x 22 3/4" h||03ZS06|
Replacement flaps can be purchased for this door at Pride Replacement Flaps
Pride Pet Door
If you like a trusted name on your products, the Pride Pet Door is the way to go. Pride offers sturdy, reliable products, and some of our customers have used this pet door with multiple pets for over 20 years!
Features of the Pride Doors
- The flap is a heavy, black rubber that is particularly durable. Incorporates a two piece design which includes an inner flap and an outer “U” shape for better sealing and insulating value.
- The locking cover is particle board enameled bright white on one side for greater visibility to the pet. For safety reasons it is designed to be breakable in case the pet crashes into it from the wrong side. It can be installed on either side of the pet door.
- All sizes can be installed through screens using Pride screen adapter kits purchased separately.
- They are non-self-framing, and best used in a solid core door. A wall installation would require framing out the wall.
- Comes in Bronze, Black, Brushed Aluminum, Tan, White, and Adobe.
Perfect Time for a Pride Pet Door
- Affordable yet durable solution that blocks out sunlight due to its solid color.
- A sturdy dog door to install through a screen enclosure.
- Large selection of frame color choices to match your home.
- This pet door can be installed pretty much anywhere.
Pride Pet Doors Installation Instructions
1. Use the narrow door frame as a template, and place the narrow frame on the surface where the pet door will be installed. Hold tightly and trace a line around the inside of the frame opening. Make sure the frame opening will be level and straight.
2. Drill ½ inch holes at the inside corners of the lines drawn for the opening. Now saw just outside of those lines.Once the hole is cut, place the inside narrow frame in the hole and check to make sure it is straight and level. Mark the screw holes with a pencil, and do this on both sides of the door.
3. Before you install, you will need to finish the opening to prevent weather damage. For a solid core door, smooth the opening surface and either paint or seal with waterproof sealant. For a hollow core door, use wood filler strips to make a frame and fill the empty space between the inside and outside door skins. The wood filler strips should be glued and / or nailed into place to provide a stronger mounting base for the pet door. Painting or applying waterproof sealant to the wood filler strips is recommended.
4. You are now ready to assemble the pet door. We recommend not to caulk the bottom of the outside frame so that moisture will not become trapped inside the opening. Caulking along the top and sides of the outside frame would be beneficial. Place the wide aluminum frame with the rubber assembly on the outside of the house door and secure loosely with wood screws. Put the inside narrow frame on the inside of the house door in the same way.
5. Before you tighten the screws, check the pet door for squareness. If the rubber assembly is touching the sides fo the frame, then move the frame horizontally until rubber hangs straight and swings freely. You can check this with a level and / or carpenter’s square. Do this with both inside and outside frame, and when both are level, tighten the screws.
6. You are now ready to train your pet to use your new pet door!
Q: If I would like to use the Pride door through my screen do I just have to purchase the adapter?
A: If you do not have the pet door yet you must purchase the door and the adapter separately. If you already own a Pride Deluxe Pet Door, then yes, you only need to purchase the Pride Door Screen Adapter. We also have the Pride Pet Door for Screens that includes both.