- Item has been discontinued, but the Cat-Mate 254 with the smaller 6" x 6" flap is still available
- Economical solution for keeping out strays
- Larger 7" x 7" flap ample for bigger cats and small dogs
- Cat door with lock can be used to fit doors or other materials 0"-2" in thickness
- 4-way locking system gives you more control over your pets' accessibility
- Operation requires a 9-volt battery (not included)
Cat-Mate 363 Electronic Pet Door
The Cat Mate 363 Electronic Pet Door is the ultimate solution for giving your large cat and/or small dog the freedom to go in or out while simultaneously keeping strays and unfamiliar critters out! We provide two magnetic collar keys with your purchase of Cat Mate Cat Doors. One designed for cats and the other for dogs (both can be used interchangeably). This is a great solution for active indoor-outdoor pets!
These locking cat flaps are operated by one 9 volt battery (not included) so they don't require a location near a wall outlet. The doors sense the collar key, which is a small, waterproof magnet, and unlocks. This will keep cats that don't have a collar key away from the door. The pet doors are 'self-framing'.
How It Works:
The door features a four-way locking function, using sliding tabs that control the locking capabilities. This means you can set the door to completely locked or unlocked for both inside and outside, allow access outside but not back inside afterward, or your pet can use the collar key magnets to re-enter the door from the outside. When your pet wants to enter the house from the outside, the door senses the magnetic collar key and unlocks, allowing them to push through the flap. This means that no animal without a magnet can enter your house from the outside, preventing strays or any other critters from getting inside.
Note: There is a third sliding lock mounted in the bottom center of the pet door which locks the solenoid. The solenoid is the colored (green and yellow) portion inside the base of the pet door that controls the electronic movement of the flap. Make sure this is unlocked to ensure proper flap functioning.
- Operated by a 9-volt battery -- no electricity required. Batteries not included.
- Installs in hollow or solid core doors and plastic panels 0"- 2" thickness.
- Acrylic clear flap with brush weather stripping.
- 7"x 7" flap size beneficial for cats of all sizes and small dogs.
- If you would like, you can purchase more Cat Mate Magnetic Collar Keys and Dog Mate Magnetic Collar Keys.
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Rough Cut Out||Stock No.|
|Cat-Mate 363||7" w x 7 1/4" h||7 3/4"x 10 1/4" h||08AM363|
Will this control who goes in and out?
No. The door will only control who comes in.
Does this work to keep out raccoons?
The door is not raccoon-proof. For something more raccoon resistant you could go with the SureFlap Pet Door.
Will it work for a small dog?
It can, however you need to make sure that the magnetic dog pet door is mounted in such a way that the collar key passes right above the protruding bottom frame. If it is too far away, it won't trigger properly.
How large are the keys?
The larger key is about 1"L x 3/4"W x 3/4"H. The small key is a little ball smaller than a marble.
Are the keys heavy?
No. The keys are not very heavy.
Do I need batteries?
Yes. For the door you need a 9-volt, but the collars don't require any as they are just magnets.
Could I install this in a wall?
You can, but it is difficult to frame it out because of how the trim frame fits around the flap frame.
Does the door lock?
Yes. In addition to requiring a key, it has a manual 4-way lock you can set as well to further control access in and out.
Does it come with keys?
Will it work in a metal door?
It can, but you need to follow the special instructions which require you to frame out the opening with a wooden "collar" so that the metal doesn't cause a problem with the door triggering consistently.
Please Note: If you intend to do a reverse installation, which would yield magnet control from the inside rather than the outside, the warranty will be voided.
Prior to starting the installation:
Make sure that the bottom of the template is about level with your pet’s stomach. You can place it lower if you would like. If you choose to place it lower, make sure that it is not too low that it compromises the structural soundness of the door/panel or forces your pet to stoop when in use. Ideally you would like the door to be placed so that as the pet is going through, the magnet comes in very close contact with the bottom of the door. This way the collar key will properly trigger the unlocking mechanism.
- Position the template on the door or panel and trace around it.
- Before you drill/cut, make sure that the rough cut line is level. The cut-out must be level, or the door will not open and close properly.
- After ensuring that it is level, drill two holes about ¼” in diameter in both upper corners (they should be inside the cut-out line). These are pilot holes for the jigsaw blade to help you get the cut-out started.
- Use the jigsaw to cut along the inside of that line. Make sure the hole is cut square to the door.
- Fit the pet door frames onto the door/panel and test the door to make sure that it is working properly.
- Remove the frames and use a measuring tape to determine the thickness of your door/panel.
For doors/panels 0" to 7/8" in thickness:
- Put the INSIDE frame (without the flap) on the interior of the door/panel and mark the screw holes.
- Remove the frame and drill the 4 holes to 3/16” in diameter.
- Choose the screws from the packet that are compatible with your door thickness.
- Put both of the frames back on the door and tighten the screws.
- Put on the screw covers.
For doors/panels 7/8” or more in thickness:
- Put the INSIDE frame (without the flap) on the interior of the door/panel and screw it on using the ½” screws.
- Now get your OUTSIDE frame and drill out the screw holes in the 4 corners of the frame. The holes should be 3/16” in diameter.
- Screw the outside frame on the exterior of the door with the ¾” screws.
- Remove the cover under the flap and install the 9-volt battery.
- Test with a collar key to make sure that it is working.