- Timer control for up to nine cats
- Customize the entry/exit capabilities for each individual cat
- Prevents raccoons and strays from entering with RFID collar keys (2 included)
- Comes with a set of two collar keys
- Installs in materials 0-2" thick
There is no longer any need to worry about stray cats, raccoons, or the safety of multiple cats. With RFID sensing technology, this Cat Mate selective door only opens for cats who have programmed electronic ID collar keys. It allows you to program up to eight different cats on a timer system while allowing you to choose which cats can enter or exit through the door. If you want to keep one cat inside all day while giving access to and from the door for another pet during that same time period, this door will do that for you! Each cat has its own personal RFID collar key whose information programs into the door to meet their individual needs. This RFID door is an innovative solution for most pet management. With an LCD screen on the top of the inside frame, you're able to see the current time, the location of up to three cats, and at what time your cat entered or exited the house.
Please Note: This door does not work for microchips. The RFID collar keys are necessary for the door to function.
Controls pet access from both the inside and outside.
Rigid acrylic flap lined with weatherproof brush stripping prevents wind drafts from entering.
6" x 6" clear flap allows cats to comfortably see through it.
It comes with two Cat Mate waterproof RFID collar keys.
Frame comes in white only.
Supports up to 9 cats.
Self-lining door fits materials 0-2" thick.
Features a four-way locking device if you choose to disable the timer, which means the door can be set to completely locked or unlocked, in only or out only.
Battery operated (not included in purchase). The low battery indicator will flash when you need to replace batteries.
Clean door design in multiple frame color options to match your home.
Keeps raccoons and strays out of your home.
Great for small to medium-sized cats.
You no longer have to be your cat's doorman.
Accommodates your cats' varying schedules.
|Flap Model||Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Rough Cut Out||Outside Frame|
|Elite 305 Super Selective||Cat Flap||6" w x 6" h||6 1/2 " w x 7 1/2" h||9 3/4" x 10 3/8"||08AM305|
Does this pet door have a timer function?
Yes, the Cat Mate Elite Super Selective door has a timer.
If I set the timer to lock at night and my cats are still outside, can they still come back in?You can set the timer locking system to "In-Only." This way, your cat will be able to come back in with their electronic ID discs but not go back outside.
Will this work with my cat's implanted microchip?
No, this disc cat flap only works with the provided RFID collar keys. If you want a microchip cat door option that reads unique IDs, we recommend the SureFlap Microchip Cat Flap. While there is no Cat Mate Elite Microchip Cat Flap, we do carry the Cat Mate 360 Microchip Cat Flap which opens for your cat's implanted microchip rather than a collar ID tag.
How many collar keys come with the door?
The RFID door comes with 2 collar keys. You can purchase additional Cat Mate RFID Key Discs if you need to. For additional parts such as replacement flaps, see Cat Mate / Dog Mate Replacement Flaps & Parts.
Is this a 4-way locking
Yes, the Cat Mate Elite i.d. disc pet door is a four way locking cat flap.
How many different pets can use this pet door?
Up to 8 different pets can use this door.
How close does my cat have to be to unlock the door?
Your cat's head must be inside the tunnel or almost touching the flap for the pet door to unlock. Once the pet starts pushing on the flap the lock will release allowing them to enter.
Does this cat door keep one of my cats inside but let the others use the door?
Yes. This pet door controls access from both inside and outside. Do not give your inside cat's collar keys if you want them to stay inside.
Does this come with detailed instructions?
Yes the it comes with the cat mate elite manual and installation instructions.
What makes the Cat Mate selective? How is it different from the CateMate 306?
It supports 8 collar keys, can track each key separately. The Elite Selective LCD display shows the cat location (out or in) for up to 3 cats. This Pet Mate door also includes a timer control function and raccoon resistant (note: not raccoon-proof) locking mechanism for selectivity.
Where can I find the cat mate elite 306?
It was discontinued and replaced with the New and Improved Cat Mate "Elite" 305 Super Selective Electronic Cat Doors.
Does the cat mate 305 super electronic electronic cat door work with a microchip?
No the Cat Mate "Elite" 305 Super Selective Electronic Cat Door is activated by a RFID collar tag.
Do they make a Dog Mate Elite version of this door?
No, the largest is the CatMate Elite 305 Super Selective Electronic Cat Doors. For Cat Mate Pet Door that also functions as a dog door and has a four-way lock try the PetMate 221 Small Dog & Large Cat Door (keep in mind that this option does not use RFID technology).
I'm looking for a Cat Mate Elite Microchip Cat Door With Timer Control. Where can I find it?
The Cat Mate Elite 305 Super Selective Electronic Cat Doors is not a "microchip" pet door. Cat Mate 360 Microchip Cat Flap is a "microchip" pet door but has different features than the 305.
Warranty3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Cat Mate / Dog Mate / Ani Mate guarantees your purchase for a period of three years from the date of original purchase against any defect arising due to faulty materials or manufacture. Accordingly any defective item will be repaired free of charge or replaced at the manufacturers option provided that the defect has not been caused by neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear and proof of purchase date is supplied. Your statutory rights are not affected.
For Wood Doors:
1. Place the exterior frame in the desired position on the door. We recommend the bottom of the flap to be installed approximately 6” above the ground for utmost comfort.
2. Trace a line around the flap opening. Use an electronic jigsaw to cut 3/16” outside the line.
3. Determine the thickness of the door panel to determine required screw length.
4. Hold the interior and exterior frame in position and mark the two screw holes.
5. Remove the frames and drill screw holes in the panels to ¼” diameter.
6. Position the interior frame on the inside of door and screw exterior frame to it by using appropriate screws for door thickness. (If necessary, cut supplied screws to length). Fit in the two screw caps.
7. Remove batteries for at least two minutes after installation to allow the cat flap to retune itself to its new location for optimal performance.
For Metal Doors:
1. Place the exterior frame in desired position on the door. We recommend the bottom of the flap to be installed approximately 6” above the ground for utmost comfort.
2. Trace a line around the OUTSIDE of the frame. Use an electronic jigsaw to cut ½” INSIDE the line. Be careful to cut the hole square to the door, particularly with thicker doors. Ensure that the interior frame is free fitting in the hole.
3. Position the interior frame on the inside of door and screw exterior frame to it by using appropriate screws for door thickness. (If necessary, cut supplied screws to length). Fit in the two screw caps.
4. Remove batteries for at least two minutes after installation to allow the cat flap to retune itself to its new location for optimal performance.
Fitting RFID Keys on Collars:
If desired, record your cat’s details on the ID disc label by writing on the label in pen and sticking the clear waterproof cover over the writing.
IMPORTANT: Attach the Disc directly to the collar, NOT from a ring attached to the collar. Any other metal will interfere with the sensing system on the door. This way it is as high as possible and parallel to flap.
We recommend the use of a fabric collar without large metal attachments, like other ID tags, etc.