- Fits securely in single or double-hung sash windows
- Dual-pane glass and double flaps ensure year-round energy efficiency
- Extruded aluminum frame available in four colors
- Lightweight flaps make it easy for pets of differing sizes to use
- Can be customized to fit window tracks as small as 1/2"
- An email will be sent to you requesting additional information for your order; it will take 3-4 weeks to make this custom order
The Hale Omni Panel Pet Door is designed to fit in single or double-hung vertically-sliding windows. Featuring dual-pane glass and double vinyl flaps, these Omni doors are engineered to perform in severe climates, whether hot or cold. Not only will it accommodate both dogs and cats, they come in eleven different sizes to ensure that you get the perfect fit for your pets. Avoid cutting holes in doors or walls with this easy-to-install sash window pet door.
- Extruded aluminum framing designed to fit in a window track that is 7/8" or wider, but can be customized to fit tracks as small as 1/2".
- Available in four frame colors: White, Arizona Beige, or Brushed Aluminum.
- High-density polyethylene locking cover is extremely shock and impact resistant.
- Nylon weather stripping lines the flap to prevent airflow.
- Black vinyl weatherstripping included to attach to the back of your window to prevent air leakage.
- Installs using pressure-exerting nut and bolt assembly. No drilling required.
- Dual-pane glass and double flaps increase insulation and wind resistance.
- Lightweight flaps allow for pets of varying sizes to share a larger size.
- Clear flaps are easy for pets to use and see-through.
- No permanent alterations required when installing the Omni door.
- Able to fit in windows with odd track widths.
- Gives your pets the freedom to come and go when they please.
- Provide the side of the window on which you want the flap to be (left or right when facing the panel from the inside of the house).
- Provide the full width of your window. Measure from inside the track on the left to the track on the right. Do not go into the track on the right. The unit will have 3" of width adjustment.
- Provide the height in inches that you can raise your window.
- Provide the width of the window track.
- Provide the height above your window when it is closed.
- Provide the depth of the bottom track (measuring inside the track with the window up).
Please Note: Because these pet doors are custom-made, returns are allowed a 50% credit toward the purchase of a different Hale pet door. Please double check that you've provided the correct measurements for your window prior to confirming your purchase.
Hale Flap Size Recommendations
Listed below are the suggested flaps sizes based on your pet's height and weight. We also recommend measuring your pet to confirm the best fit.
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Height to Raise Window|
|Small||5 1/2" w x 7 1/2" h||10 15/16"|
|Small Medium||6 1/2" w x 9 1/2" h||13 1/8"|
|Medium||8 1/2" w x 12 1/2" h||15 15/16"|
|Tall Medium||8 1/2" w x 16" h||19 5/8"|
|Large||11" w x 16" h||19 5/8"|
|Tall Large||11" w x 19 1/2" h||23 1/8"|
|Tall Large Plus||11" w x 23 1/2" h||27 1/8"|
|Extra Tall Large||11" w x 27 1/2" h||31 1/8"|
|Extra Large||14" w x 19 1/2" h||23 1/8"|
|Extra Large Plus||14" w x 23 1/2" h||27 1/8"|
|Giant||15 1/2" w x 27 1/2" h||31 1/8"|
Hale Pet Door 5 Year Limited No Fault Warranty
All parts—including flaps—and labor.
Thank you for doing business with Hale Pet Door™. We are sure you will receive years of excellent service with your purchase. If the product does not meet your expectations, please contact our office for return authorization and return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund of the purchase price. Be sure to pack the product well as we can only give 50% credit for a damaged pet door.
HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. guarantees and warrants, subject to the conditions and restrictions stated below, that the Hale Pet Door™ products and component parts thereof, purchased from HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. shall be free from any defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty period for all Hale Pet Door™ model pet doors is effective from the date of purchase and extends to the anniversary date marking the end of the fifth year. We agree to exchange or repair at our expense, F.O.B. our plant or warehouse any unit found to be defective in workmanship and/or material, subject to plant inspection. (See notes A and B below).
1st year – 100% of all parts and labor; 2nd year – 50% of all parts and labor; 3rd year – 40% of all parts and labor; 4th year – 30% of all parts and labor; 5th year – 20% of all parts and labor.
This warranty does not include shipping to HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. or any field service labor unless the product was installed by Hale Pet Door™.
A-Glass Breakage: We use fully tempered glass of the greatest quality and strength available for each application. It also meets or exceeds all safety glazing laws and codes in the United States. Even tempered glass will break on occasion, but it is very rare. When there is a breakage of glass for whatever reason, within the FIRST YEAR, we will replace the unit for 50% of the current total price. There is no warranty on the glass after the first year.
B-Parts Damaged by Misuse or Neglect: HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. will pay 20% of the cost of the current list price of parts and labor. No reimbursement shall be greater than the price of the replacement part.
C-Omni Oversize Panels: This application is not recommended. Therefore, we will only warranty 50% of the cost of the panel for the first year. However, the pet door itself is covered per our standard warranty.
HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. will credit 50% towards the cost of a replacement Hale Pet Door™ that was damaged due to mis-cutting, mismeasuring, or any other damage due to no fault of HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. will not accept any responsibility beyond 50% if the damage is due to no fault of HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. reserves the right to inspect any and all products before honoring any claim.
Hale Pet Doors are designed for ease of installation and are ideal for most sliding windows. It is important to note however, that the product warranty may be affected if returns have been modified in any way other than specified by these instructions.
A SAFETY REMINDER!
Always wear eye protection and gloves when appropriate.
Step 1: Before installation, be sure that you have the proper size pet door for your pet. If in doubt larger is better. It may be harmful for your pet to use a pet door that is too small. However, with a window installation, the size of the pet door will be limited by the size of the window opening. Make sure that this application will work for your pet and your window before ordering. Otherwise, a different application may be better.
Step 2: Take a brief look at the large illustration of the Hale Omni Window™ model and become familiar with various components of the pet door window model. This will not only help in understanding the terms used in these instructions but can be very useful should you need to call for technical support.
Step 3: Check the package you received to make sure it contains all the necessary parts.
Complete Kit includes:
King Starboard® or Lexan® security cover
Omni Window Extension
Two strips of gray pile weather-stripping
Two short strips of pile weather-stripping
Bar Lock (only for large enough windows)
Tools you may need:
Phillips head screwdriver
Drill (if securing window shut)
Step 4: When the customer ordered their pet door, they previously measured their window width and opening height for a vertically opening window and the window height and opening width for a horizontally opening window. Measure both the window and the pet door to make sure that everything will fit.
Step 5: Clean both sides of the glass window panes. There will be some overlap of the window panes (figure 1) when you are finished installing the window insert. This is nearly impossible to clean later without removing the pet door insert, so cleaning it before installation will save time and trouble.
Step 6: Unroll the strips of fuzzy gray pile weather-stripping and feed them into the channels running along the window panel. These channels will be on the sides of the panel that the window will close against. Therefore, if you have a vertically opening window, the channels will be on the top and bottom of the window insert. If you have a horizontally opening window, the channels will be on the two sides of the window insert.
Step 7: Slide open the window (either horizontally or vertically depending on which model you are installing) and carefully place the pet door into the window track. If the track is deep enough to interfere with the pet door frame, see the supplemental instructions titled “Using the Omni Extension”.
Step 8: Fit the stationary end of the pet door into the window track.
Step 9: With your hand, push the “U” channel (Figure 2 E) up securely into the top of the track. Pull the sliding plate (Figure 2 B) down to expose the adjusting nuts. (Figure 2 A)
Step 10: Tighten the adjusting nuts with your fingers. Slide the window closed and inspect for gaps. To close any gaps, the Hale Omni Window™ Insert can be adjusted by tightening or loosening one adjusting nut. This should cause the Hale Omni Window™ Insert to lean slightly one way or the other. Once you are satisfied with the insert placement, tighten the adjusting nuts with the wrench provided. The pet door should now be held securely in the window track.
Step 11: Slide the short piece of fuzzy weather-stripping (Figure 2 D) up to expose the adjusting screws (Figure 2 C). There are adjusting screws on both edges of the Hale Omni Window™ Insert, but you only need to deal with the screws on one edge. Do not worry about the screws on the inaccessible edge! Loosen both preset screws one or two full turns. Loosening them too much may cause the slide plates (Figure 2 B) to fall out. Push the slide plates up until they stop. Tighten the adjusting screws. Slide the short piece of fuzzy weather-stripping back down to cover the adjusting screws. There will be a gap above the fuzzy weather-stripping between the edge of the panel and the edge of the adjustment unit. Cover it with a piece of foam tape (included).
Step 12: Close window down on top (vertical window) or up against the side (horizontal window) of the pet door and again inspect for gaps. Fill any gaps with foam tape. (Figures 3 and 4)
Step 13: Decide where you would like to place the vinyl weather-stripping. For a vertically opening window, place vinyl weather-stripping on the top edge of the opening window or the bottom edge of the stationary window to seal the gap created by overlapping glass. For a horizontally opening window, place vinyl weather-stripping on the inside back edge of the opening window or the outside front edge of the stationary window to seal the gap created by overlapping glass. (Figures 3 and 4) Thoroughly clean the area that you have chosen. Cut vinyl weather-stripping to the proper length with scissors. Remove the protective paper from the adhesive area and press firmly into position.
Step 14: If you so desire, you can put a screw or two (not included) through the window frame to prevent the window from being opened. Be very careful that you don’t drill into glass! If you hit the window pane with either the tip of the drill bit or a screw, it will shatter. The glass in the pet door comes all the way to the edge of the frame, so don’t try to drill into the pet door frame at all. Alternately, if you ordered an Omni insert for a large enough window, you may have received an Omni Lock Bar. Install lock according to directions below.
Step 15: If you ordered a translucent gray Lexan® security cover for your pet door, peel the protective covering from the cover and set it aside for a couple of hours before installing it into the front frame. A drying period will prevent the inner flap from sticking to the newly uncovered Lexan®. If you ordered any color of the King Starboard® security cover, there will be no protective covering over it but you still may wish to let your door set without the security cover in place for a few hours to avoid any sticking. The cover will slide easily into place in the built in frame and can be easily locked and unlocked with the positive action pin bolt lock. Depending on the window model ordered, there may be a “removal slot” cut into the edge of the cover to enable the cover to be removed. In that case, slide the cover along the track until you can tip the cover out of the track.
Step 16: Clean up the area and you are finished.
Installing the sliding lock bar—(NOTE: The shortest effective lock bar we can manufacture is no less than 15" long. Therefore, depending on the size of the window and the size of pet door ordered, you may not receive a lock bar for the window install.)
(CAUTION) Drilling holes for installing with screws may result in damaged or fractured glass.
Hale Pet Door™ will not be responsible for damage resulting from the use of screws for installing the window lock. Hale Pet Door™ has provided a special double adhesive tape for holding the lock into position.
1. Choose an area approximately midway between top and bottom of the Hale Omni Window™ Insert. Clean the area inside the window channel and the back of the sliding window. Make sure the areas are dry. Measure from the bottom of the window track and place a pencil mark in the vertical window channel. Repeat this step and mark the back edge of the window. These marks are where you will install the lock bar. (Figure 5)
2. Peel the protective paper from the double stick tape on the back of the sliding lock bar. Make sure the thumb release is aligned upwards and press the lock bar into the window channel. (Figure 6) Peel the paper off the back of the receiver and press it very firmly onto the back of the window. You are finished.
Using the OMNI extension
1. An extension the length of your Hale Omni Window™ Insert has been included in case the window channel is so deep that it interferes with the installation of the Hale Omni Window™ Insert. The extension is attached to one edge of the OMNI™ when it is packaged. If the extension is not needed it may be removed by sliding it from its track. If the extension is on the wrong edge, slide it off and put it on the other edge. (Figure 7)
2. There are also two small pieces of adhesive back weather-stripping included. These are for filling in any gap at the top of the extension. (Figure 7) Once you are satisfied with the extension, continue with step 5 of the main installation instructions.
How to Measure Your Sash Window for a Pet Door
How do I measure my track?
The overall width of the window measurement would be from the deepest part inside the track on the left to the track on the right (not going all the way inside).
How do I measure my width?
This is the measurement of the track the window slides up and down in from the inside to the outside.
Is what side the flap is mounted on from the inside looking out?
Yes, if you are inside the house do you need the flap on the right or left.
Is this going to insulate?
Since the dog door has double flaps and the panel has dual pane glass it is among the better insulating pet doors for sash windows.
Are the flaps really clear?
Yes, they are a clear flexible vinyl material.
Can you lock it?
It will come with a slide in closing cover that you can choose the load direction for. So it will slide in from the left or right side, not the top. It is made of a very durable starboard plastic material which is held in place with a pin lock.
Is it easy to install?
You would need a wrench in order to loosen and tighten the nuts that hold it in place. You don't need to drill the panel into place in the track, but you can if you choose for extra stability.
Will this work for dogs and cats?
It is one of the best brands for big and small pets sharing the same door.
Will this work in a vinyl window?
Yes it can work in vinyl and double hung windows, as long as your window specs fall within the dimensions.
Can I lock the window?
They will include a custom charley bar.