- Hale Standard Patio Panel Pet Door made specifically for cats
- Custom pet door for sliding glass door sizing fits sliders up to 96" high
- Available in four colors to match your current slider
- Supplied lock mates with existing slider for maximum security
- Clear and lightweight flaps are easy for cats to push through
- An email will be sent to you requesting additional information for your order; it will take 3-4 weeks to make this custom order
This Hale Standard Cat Door for Sliding Doors is designed specifically for cats. The standard sliding glass door pet door sizes are available in either a small or small-medium size to ensure that cats of all sizes are comfortably accommodated. This patio cat door is able to use your existing sliding glass door lock, avoiding the need to purchase an extra locking device. It is designed with dual-pane glass and double vinyl flaps for high energy efficiency and insulation. The flaps are clear and lightweight to promote ease of use. Engineered to fit into sliding door tracks at least 1" thick and up to 96" high, these pet doors for sliding doors are some of the most versatile options on the market for cats.
- Heavy extruded aluminum frame provides stability and durability.
- Sliding glass cat door comes in White, Arizona Beige, Bronze, or Brushed Aluminum to match seamlessly with your sliding glass door.
- Small and small-medium sizes accommodate cats of all sizes.
- Fits into tracks at least 1" thick and up to 96" high.
- Clear and lightweight vinyl flaps are easy to see through and comfortably use.
- Flaps lined with magnets and weather stripping to resist harsh weather and remain properly shut.
- Vinyl weatherstripping included to prevent air leakage.
- 3/16" thick King Starboard locking cover included to secure the flap and resist sun damage, rotting, swelling, splintering, or delamination when exposed to water or humidity.
- Improved insulation and energy efficiency with dual-pane glass and double flaps.
- Combats extreme weather to keep your home at a comfortable temperature.
- Slender glass door panels allow more space to pass through the sliding door.
- Range of pet door sliding glass insert color options serve to match the existing color of your slider.
- Flaps are comfortable for cats to use.
- You will be emailed a form to fill out with your custom dimensions.
- Measure and provide your track height.
- Indicate whether you would like the installation to be from the sliding or stationary side.
- Indicate which direction your sliding glass door closes when looking outside from the inside of your house. The sliding door front view is essential, as Hale will mount the panel lock, which is not reversible.
Please Note: Because these pet doors are custom-made, returns are allowed a 50% credit toward the purchase of a different Hale pet door. Please double check that you've provided the correct measurements prior to confirming your purchase.
Adjustment Range up to 82"
Over 82" (additional cost) up to 96"
Step Over is the height of the flap above the base of the pet door. We suggest that flap height + "step over" should about equal pet shoulder height.
These dimensions are approximate within 1/2". The overall width is equal to flap width plus 4".
- Tape measure
- Electric drill
- 1⁄64” drill bit (included)
- #2 Phillips head screwdriver
- #6 metal screws (included)
Step 1: Clean the glass on the patio door and panel.
Step 2: Measure the door frame height inside the track from the very bottom to the very top.
Step 3: Mark the side rails of your panel insert and cut them to length with the hacksaw. Make sure to leave clearance so that the panel can clear the rail wall and fit into the track.
Step 4: Place the panel into the track and make sure it fits.
If you’re installing on the stationary side, close the stationary panel up against the pet door and check for air gaps. If installing on the sliding glass door side, close the slider up against the pet door panel and check for air gaps. Any air gaps between the edge of the sliding glass door and the pet panel will be covered when the lock strip is installed.
If necessary, apply foam weather stripping (available at hardware store) to the side rail of your pet door panel.
Step 5: The panel insert should be held tightly against the door jamb lip to allow you to drill holes and screw the pet panel in place. If there is not enough of a lip to drill through, the pet panel can be fastened in place with silicone caulk.
The side rails of your pet panel are notched at the bottom so that it can straddle the wheel track in the door jamb, but it does not have to do so. You may need to set the panel on top of the wheel track in order to pull it tight enough to fasten it to the jamb lip.
Step 6: Once you are satisfied with the placement of the panel, it is time to screw it in place. Use the provided #6 sheet metal screws. Do not place the screws close to the glass. If a screw hits the pet door glass or the sliding door glass, it will break.
Step 7 (omit if you are installing on the stationary side): The lock strip will be screwed to the leading edge of your slider. Be very careful installing the screws. The latch bar which mates with the lock on the panel must face the inside of the house.
Step 8: Apply the provided vinyl weather stripping to the back edge of the slider or the front edge of the stationary panel. This will eliminate any gaps created by overlapping glass.
Hale Pet Door 5 Year Limited No Fault Warranty
All parts—including flaps—and labor.
Thank you for doing business with Hale Pet Door™. We are sure you will receive years of excellent service with your purchase. If the product does not meet your expectations, please contact our office for return authorization and return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund of the purchase price. Be sure to pack the product well as we can only give 50% credit for a damaged pet door.
HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. guarantees and warrants, subject to the conditions and restrictions stated below, that the Hale Pet Door™ products and component parts thereof, purchased from HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. shall be free from any defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty period for all Hale Pet Door™ model pet doors is effective from the date of purchase and extends to the anniversary date marking the end of the fifth year. We agree to exchange or repair at our expense, F.O.B. our plant or warehouse any unit found to be defective in workmanship and/or material, subject to plant inspection. (See notes A and B below).
1st year – 100% of all parts and labor; 2nd year – 50% of all parts and labor; 3rd year – 40% of all parts and labor; 4th year – 30% of all parts and labor; 5th year – 20% of all parts and labor.
This warranty does not include shipping to HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. or any field service labor unless the product was installed by Hale Pet Door™.
A-Glass Breakage: We use fully tempered glass of the greatest quality and strength available for each application. It also meets or exceeds all safety glazing laws and codes in the United States. Even tempered glass will break on occasion, but it is very rare. When there is a breakage of glass for whatever reason, within the FIRST YEAR, we will replace the unit for 50% of the current total price. There is no warranty on the glass after the first year.
B-Parts Damaged by Misuse or Neglect: HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. will pay 20% of the cost of the current list price of parts and labor. No reimbursement shall be greater than the price of the replacement part.
C-Omni Oversize Panels: This application is not recommended. Therefore, we will only warranty 50% of the cost of the panel for the first year. However, the pet door itself is covered per our standard warranty.
HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. will credit 50% towards the cost of a replacement Hale Pet Door™ that was damaged due to mis-cutting, mismeasuring, or any other damage due to no fault of HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. will not accept any responsibility beyond 50% if the damage is due to no fault of HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. reserves the right to inspect any and all products before honoring any claim.