- Keep the security of your home while using your existing slider lock
- Steps: first, glazier company measures your glass; second, placed the order on-site; third, complete form with custom dimensions; next, the new glass piece ships; and finally, glazier replaces the old glass with new
- See In the Glass Detailed Ordering Instructions for more information
- Pre-installed Endura Flap® Pet Door eases installation for glazier and offers the perfect, secure solution
- Professional glazier highly recommended
- Item only available in the lower 48 United States
- This is a custom product” all orders are FINAL, NO RETURNS
The Pet Door Guys: Cat Door In the Glass
The best way to install a cat door through your existing sliding glass door frame is by replacing the glass with a Pet Door Guys glass unit. The new glass will have a cat door installed at the bottom, and you'll be able to use your sliding glass door like usual. A glass professional will be needed to measure your current glass pane and swap it out for the new glass that has the built-in cat door. The cat door that is used is the energy efficient Endura Flap®, which is an insulating, flexible flap perfect for extreme-weather. The door flap system is extremely durable and carries a lifetime warranty.
How to Order
Step 1: Prior to purchasing your In the Glass Endura Flap® Pet Door, determine which pane of glass you would like to install the pet door unit in. Next, hire a glazier to measure the width, height, and thickness of the existing pane that the custom-made pane will replace.
Note: It is crucial that these dimensions are accurate, as all of the panes are custom-made and non-returnable. Ask your glazier to determine if you have tinted, Low-E, or clear glass. They should review the detailed information page for more specific instructions
Step 2: Based on the pane measurements from your glazier, select either Standard (34" x 76" or less) or Oversize (anything larger than 34" x 76") Glass Type for your custom-pane. If it is the Standard Glass Type, the product can be shipped directly to your house. If it is Oversize, it must be shipped to your local glass company or another non-residential business address. Next, select flap size (reference this measurement guide), frame color, clear or Low-E, and step over height.
Note: Exact pane dimensions are not yet entered in one of the dropdowns when you are choosing options on the website. Once you place your order, we'll email you an order form to provide the exact measurements from your glazier (explained in the next step).
Step 3: Once your order is complete, you will receive an email with an order form to fill out your custom dimensions and the side of the door in which you want the pet door opening. You can request to have the pet door centered (rather than left or right) for an additional charge.
Note: When selecting pet door location, choose the placement based on viewing from the outside-looking-in.
Fill out the form and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your order will be on hold until we receive this information. See instructions here for technical installation specifics. Please note that this door may take 3-4 weeks to build, as it is custom-made. Allow transit time for delivery.
Step 4: Once the door has arrived, schedule to have the glazier who took the initial measurements to come back for installation. They will remove the original pane and install the new In the Glass dog door into the sliding glass door frame.
Please note that this may take three to four weeks to build, as it is custom-made. Allow transit time for delivery as well.
More Important Info
- Check out Cardinal Glass Company for more information about Low-E Glass
- The vinyl framing is available in white or beige; the cat door framing comes only in white
- Because this is a custom order, all sales are final
- Glass that is 34" x 76" or smaller is considered "standard" size
- Glass that is larger than 34" x 76" is considered "oversize" and must ship to your glass company or another non-residential address
- You can get an approximation of your actual glass size right now by measuring the "daylight" dimension (just what you can see) and adding 3/4" in both dimensions” this is NOT accurate enough to order the product
- Allow about 5-6 weeks plus transit time for delivery
|Glass Size||Cat Flap Size||Flap Dimension|
|Standard Glass - Less than 34" x 76"||Small #06||6" w x 11" h|
|Oversize Glass - Up to 46" x 92"||Small #06||6" w x 11" h|
Oversized glass must ship to your glass company or another non-residential address.
Can only be shipped within the lower 48 United States. No international, AK, or HI shipping is available.
Pet Door Guys Limited Warranty guarantees it will repair or replace any Pet Door Guys product which is found to be defective in material or workmanship and will pay the costs of repair or replacement to the original owner for a period of 10 years. Insulated glass is warranted for life against seal failure. The Endura Flap has a lifetime warranty.
This warranty is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- 1. This guarantee is offered only to the original owners of single family homes who purchase a Pet Door Guys product in the United States. It is not transferable and terminates upon sale of the home and does not apply to re-installation at a second location.
- 2. The warranty does not extend to commercial applications.
- 3. Pet Door Guys is not responsible for glass breakage, failure due to misuse, applied tints or films, any customer alterations to the product including painting, improper installation or acts of nature including fire, flood or earthquake. Pet Door Guys is not responsible for natural weathering of exterior finishes or corrosion in highly corrosive environments.
- 4. Pet Door Guys is not responsible for incidental or consequential damage beyond our control. Pet door openings imply some risk. No guarantee is offered or implied regarding suitability or security against intrusion or unwanted entry or exit.
Pet Door Guys: 1-855-380-8246
Endura Flap: 1-800-826-2871
What is an "In the Glass" Cat Door?
Design of the Endura Flap
What is the process of placing an "In the Glass" cat door order?
- Go over all the information in the 'Details' tab to find out how to order the correct specifications for your pet and your sliding glass door.
- Review the Sizing Suggestions, Adding Step Over, and After Installation pages to find the appropriate size for your pet.
- Find a Glazier or Glass Professional in your area that will be able to measure and install for you.
- Purchase the product on PetDoors.com. You will receive an email asking for more measurements that you glazier can fill out.
- Have your local glazier take the measurements needed, fill out the order form, and send it back to us.
- We will ship the glass pet door directly to the glazier who would take out your existing glass and replace it with your new "In the Glass" cat flap.
What kind of measurements will be needed?
You would need the:
- net glass width
- net glass height
- replacement glass thickness
- patio door opening direction
- whether the slider side is on the inside or outside of the stationary glass
Is the entire sliding glass door included?
No. We will replace the glass on one of the sliding glass doors with another piece of glass with a cat door installed. Your existing sliding glass door framing will be used.
Does the cost of the pet door include the glazier's labor costs?
No, it only includes the price of the product. Typically, glaziers will charge between $150 - 250 for this project.
What is the low-e Coating?
It is Low-emissivity coating, which is used to reduce the heat and cold temperatures for escaping or entering through the glass.
How long does it take to receive this product?
It generally takes up to 3 or 4 weeks to manufacturer due to the custom needs. From there, it generally takes between 1 - 5 days to deliver depending on where you are located.
Does this lock?
The existing locking mechanism of your sliding glass door will be used. There will also be a locking cover that you can slide over the pet door to prevent it from being used.
Can I return this?
No, you cannot return this because it is a custom order.
Do you have any recommended installers near me?
Yes, you can visit our list of installers to see if there are any near you. If you don't see one in your area we suggest that you do a search online for glass companies in your zip code.
Can I install this myself?
It is highly recommended that a glass professional do the measuring and installation for you. However, depending on how handy you are, you can do it yourself.
Are there doggie door options that are not custom order?
You can consider getting a door panel insert that can be installed into the track of your sliding door. Hale pet products sells a high-quality panel pet door insert that can withstand extreme climates. If you still want an Endura Flap pet door, you can get the Thermo Panel 3e. However, those patio pet doors will not be installed directly into the glass of your door.
Will I still be able to use my screen door?
Yes, but the screen might prevent your pet from getting full use of the doggy door.