- Thermo Panel patio pet door insert with the SureFlap DualScan Microchip Cat Door
- Designed for homes with both indoor-only and indoor-outdoor cats
- SureFlap Cat Door keeps out raccoons and other unwelcome critters
- For unchipped cats, Sureflap RFID Collar Key available
- Need a different size? Check out this product's custom options
The Thermo Panel 2e with DualScan SureFlap Microchip Cat Door combines the most energy-efficient panel and most advanced microchip cat door on the market. The door features dual-pane, Low-E glass for the utmost insulation value, ensuring that there will not be any heating or cooling loss. With this cat door, you can control cat access with microchip scanning from both the inside and outside, preventing any unwanted critters from entering your home. Unlike most microchip, automatic cat doors that only scan chipped pets from the outside coming in, this dual scan door allows you to program which cats are able to exit and enter the flap. This feature is perfect for homes that have both indoor-outdoor and indoor-only cats.
Can't find the right size? Check out our custom door panel option.
- Chip activated cat door scans your cat's embedded chip for identification.
- Fits almost all track heights. Choose from the following range:
- Short: 74 3/4" - 77 3/4"
- Regular: 77 1/4" - 80 1/4"
- Tall: 93 1/4" - 96 1/4"
- Heavy aluminum frame is designed to fit sliding glass door tracks at least 1" thick.
- Panel's spring-loaded design does not require any tools for installation. You just need to install the pet door into the panel.
- Panel features dual-pane glass and Low-E coating for enhanced thermal quality.
- 5 5/8 width x 4 ¾ height rigid, acrylic flap fits most cats.
- Operates on 4 AA batteries that last around 6 months.
- When batteries are low, an indicator light flashes every 5 seconds. Replace the batteries when this light is flashing. When the batteries die, the door defaults to the locked position, which could leave pets stuck outside.
- RFID collar key available for unchipped cats, Sureflap RFID Collar Key
- Programs up to 32 different cats with cat door microchip technology or RFID collar keys.
- Manual 4-way locking system (in/out only or completely locked/unlocked) can be activated to override the microchip function if necessary.
- Prevents raccoons, strays, and other unwelcome critters from using the pet door.
- Great solution for homes with indoor-outdoor and indoor-only cats.
- RFID collar keys available for unchipped cats.
- Panel is has high energy efficiency and supreme insulation.
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Step Over||Overall Width||RecommendedPet Height*|
|Cat Flap||5 5/8" w x 4 3/4" h||3"||11.5"||8"|
*measured from the ground to the tallest point of their back
Still don't know which flap size to get? Here is a measurement guide to help you out.
- P: 74 3/4" - 77 3/4"
- Q: 77 1/4" - 80 1/4"
- R: 93" - 96" (added cost)
If your measured track height does not fall within one of the ranges above, we can make a custom height! Custom height option may take up to 4 weeks to special order the glass and build the panel.
Caution If your measured track height is near the bottom of an adjustment range then you should review A Note of Caution.
Not sure how to measure your track? Check out our guide to measure your track.
SureFlap is compatible with all common vet supplied identification chips and SureFlap RFID collar keys.
Patio Pacific Warranty
Endura Flap products have a lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship under standard regular use. Damage caused by not using the product as intended, improper installation, and chewing is not covered under this warranty.
SureFlap™ Cat Door Guarantee
Guarantee: SureFlap™ microchip cat flaps carry a 3-year guarantee from the date of purchase, subject to proof of purchase date. The guarantee is restricted to any fault caused by defective materials, components or manufacture. This guarantee does not apply to products whose defect has been caused by normal wear and tear, misuse, neglect or intentional damage.
In the event of a part failure due to faulty parts or workmanship, the part will be replaced free of charge during the guarantee period only. At the manufacturer's discretion, a replacement product may be provided free of charge in the case of a more serious malfunction. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Disclaimer: The SureFlap™ microchip cat flap incorporates selective entry features which have been designed to minimize the risk of unwanted animals entering your home. However, it is not possible to fully guarantee the exclusion of all other animals in all circumstances.
In the rare event of an unwanted animal gaining access to your home, SureFlap cannot accept liability for any damage or inconvenience which may be incurred.
Warning: The motorized catch and manual lock are provided exclusively to prevent the entry of unwanted animals and is not a security device. SureFlap Ltd cannot accept liability for unintended use and the owner of the product accepts full responsibility for supervising the access in and out of the home that it provides.
In households with children, it is essential to include the cat flap in child-proofing considerations. Misuse of the cat flap by a child may result in the child coming into contact with potential dangers. For this reason, young children should be monitored at all times when in the immediate vicinity of the cat flap.
Caution: Prior to installation, it is the responsibility of the user to consult all building codes which may influence the fitting of the cat flap and assess the suitability of a given installation. The user must also consider potential hazards present inside or outside the cat flap as well as the impact that subsequent modifications to your property may have on the existence and use of your cat flap. It is recommended that these assessments are conducted in consultation with a construction professional.
Do not install SureFlap™ in a fire door as it will render the fire door unfit for purpose.
Installation Instructions for the Thermo Panel 2e with DualScan Cat Flap
PARTS & TOOLS
1x Panel Pet Door with
1x Foam Weather Strip & 1x Center Post Weather Seal Draft Stopper
1x Sliding Door Clamp Lock or Pin Lock
1x DualScan Cat Flap (shipped in a separate box)
1. Loosen the thumb screws at the top of the pet panel. This allows the spring mechanism to move freely up and down.
2. To insert the panel pet door into the top track, push up against the spring mechanism and swing the bottom of the panel up and over the threshold. Seat the panel on top of the small guide rail in the track. If you can't quite get it in the track, try swinging in from the outside as the outside track wall may be shorter.
You will want to put the pet door in your track before applying any weather-stripping to ensure it fits! If it fits well, move on to the next step. See our tips at the end of these steps if you have trouble!
3. Once you're sure the panel fits, remove the panel from the frame and lay it on its side on the ground. Apply the foam weather-stripping by peeling back the paper and exposing the adhesive. Unroll it along the edge of the panel, pressing to ensure it adheres. Install on both sides, trim to fit with scissors.
4. The center post weather seal strip (Draft Stopper) should be installed on the inside of the home. It can install on either the back edge of the sliding door panel or the leading edge of the stationary panel. This strip prevents air leaking between the sliding glass door and the stationary panel. Trim with scissors as needed. Clean the edge of your patio door with rubbing alcohol before installing to assure a good seal.
Since you cannot lock your sliding glass door to your panel pet door, we have provided you with an alternative locking method to secure your home:
Installing the sliding door clamp: This clamp has a screw which tightens by hand to prevent the sliding door from moving beyond the clamp’s placement. For doors manufactured with the glass slider on the inside track, the lock can usually be installed on the door’s raised track.
SUREFLAP MICROCHIP DOOR INSTALLATION
PARTS & TOOLS
1x Foam Weather Strip
1x Center Post Weather Seal Draft Stopper
1x Microchip pet/cat door
You will need to do a couple extra steps to install your SureFlap Microchip Pet Door, Cat Flap or DualScan through your panel. The SureFlap ships in a separate box, and before you open it you should first test to make sure your panel will work in your door or window. Follow steps 1 & 2 from the Panel Installation Instructions.
Remove your SureFlap from its box, and follow the directions included to program the pet door. You can then proceed with the instructions below!
Step 1: After testing the panel to make sure it works in your window or door, and testing that the SureFlap will work with your pets, you are ready to attach the pet door to the hole in the panel!
2. Find the middle length screws in the SureFlap box. The Pet Door version uses 4 screws, while the Cat Flap and Dual Scan will only utilize 2 screws.
Thumbscrews should be on the same side as the controls of your SureFlap. Installing your SureFlap with the controls on the outside of your home will damage the pet door and void SureFlap’s warranty.
3. The trim frame and screws will go on the outside of the panel. Place the side with the locking controls on the inside of the panel. The controls will need to be on the same side as the thumbscrews. You can then follow the remaining instructions for either the vertical or horizontal panels.
OTHER INSTALLATION OPTIONS
You might choose to secure your pet door in your track with screws. This can be done by drilling screws at an angle in the top and bottom tracks. We recommend doing this from the outside to minimize damage to the sliding glass door frame. One-way screws will prevent tampering or removal of the panel from the outside.
Some stationary panels can be unfastened and moved over to one side so that you can install the pet door panel between the jamb and stationary panel. Avoid damaging your sliding glass door by checking that your door can move and that you can reinstall it properly before trying to uninstall the unit.
You will still lose space in your slider to move through, however you will be able to use your existing sliding door lock to secure your home. Installing your pet door this way is also great if you already have an alarm system in place. If your sliding glass door slides on the outside track, using an alternative lock might not be possible so this allows you to still lock your door.
For help with installation, replacement parts or other questions visit EnduraFlap.com or call 805-781-7700 Monday-Friday 7am-4:30pm PT
Getting Started: Some pets will take longer than others to acclimate to their new door, so patience is key! Never push or shove your pet through the door (this will only develop negative feelings). Instead, follow these training tips + tricks to help introduce your pet to the door gradually.
Limit training sessions to no more than 10 minutes at a time. Two well spaced out sessions per day should be the maximum.
Hold the flap all the way open for your pet at first; then a little less each subsequent time so your pet learns to push through on their own. Stay consistent with verbal encouragement and treats for best results.
Teaching Your Cat to Use Their Door
Step One: Introduce your cat to the door by putting your hand through it so they know how it works. Have them inspect the new cat flap to get used to the look and smell (this is a great time to program your cat’s microchip!).
Tip: You can wipe your cat’s face or body with a cloth and wipe the door with the same cloth to give it a more familiar scent.
Step Two: Some cat doors make a slight clicking noise when opening and closing which can scare timid cats. Try manually opening and shutting the flap slowly to familiarize your cat with this noise.
Step Three: Get your kitty’s favorite treats or toy ready! Start by using a treat to encourage your cat through while holding the flap open for them. Once they are comfortable, start lowering the flap on them as they walk through for their treat.
Tip: Be sure to train your cat using the actual door height - meaning raise the door enough so it resembles how high it will be once installed.
Tip: If you have a door with non-removable magnets, putting some painter’s tape over the magnets can help decrease the magnet attraction strength temporarily for training purposes.
Step Four: Always make sure to reward your cat with praise (and maybe another treat) when they pass through the door. Remember: training can take a considerable amount of time. There is no standard practice as every cat is unique.
- For especially timid cats, temporarily tape it up out of the way while they get used to the idea of walking through the tunnel.
- Clear flaps may confuse pets as they might think the flap is a window. Try putting a piece of masking tape on the clear flap to distinguish it from a window and reinforce to your pet its use as a door.
- Magnetic and weighted flaps have additional weight which may be difficult for your pet to push through. Fix this problem by gently pushing the door to assist your pet as they go through or removing the magnet until your pet gets used to the full weight of the door on their own.
- If you plan on installing more than one pet door, use the same flap if possible for consistency.
- Electronic flaps make a small clicking noise when the flap is activated that may frighten timid pets. The best way to remedy this problem is to positively reinforce this sound in your pet’s mind.
- Praise your pet when they come near the door and hear the activation noise.
- If this does not work, disable the electronics with “training mode” and have your pet use the door manually for a week or so while getting acquainted with the door.
- Consistency is key! Stay consistent both in your training methods and your choice of pet doors. If you have multiple pets the first to learn will often demonstrate for the others!
- When your first lock the flap shut, introduce your pet slowly rather than letting them “learn the hard way” by running into it.
How to Measure Your Sliding Glass Door for a Pet Door
What do I do if this does not come in a size that fits my door?
You can get a custom Thermo Panel 2e that is specially made to fit your door.