- Fast, easy installation and removal with spring-loaded frame, no tools required
- Adjustable height to fit most sliding doors (Measuring Guidelines in Details below)
- Patio pet door panel comes with foam weather stripping for insulation
- Aluminum frame in black or white and plastic pet door are durable and corrosion resistant
- Perfect for cats and very small dogs
The Whiskers and Windows Cat Door Panel is a quick, affordable way to give your cat or small dog access to the backyard. This sliding glass door insert doesn't require drilling or cutting, so it installs in seconds! The ingenious spring-loaded design allows for an adjustment of up to 3 inches, with 2 adjustment ranges to choose from. Foam weatherstripping is included to ensure a snug seal from the elements around the panel. This pet door comes in white and black color options, ensuring that it will match your sliding glass door framing. Great for cats and very small dogs, this pet door will give you and your little furry buddies the freedom to come and go. Small and Large pet doors have a 4-way lock to provide security and access control. Use the red and green locking tabs to close it so nothing can enter or exit, allow access freely in and out, allow the pet to come in only and not go back out, or out only so they can't come back in until you let them.
- Simple, speedy installation
- No tools make these perfect for rentals
- Adjustments fit most siding doors
- Small flap fits most cats up to 10Lbs, while Large accommodates cats and small dogs up to 15Lbs
- 4-way locking to control pets access
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Step Over Height||Overall Panel Width|
|Small||6"w x 6"h||2"||13"|
|Large||7"w x 7 3/4"h||2"||15 1/2"|
- Short: 74¾" - 77¾"
- Regular: 77¼" - 80¼"
Pet door has 1" framing, measure your track width to make sure that your window will accommodate the panel.
Quick Video on Installing the Panel
Measure to ensure proper fit:
1. Height and Width of your pet: This pet door opening for the small is 6" wide x 6" tall. The large is a little bigger at 7" wide x 7 3/4" tall. Be sure to include the 2 1/4" inch stepover when calculating opening height.
2. Height of sliding glass door track: Measure inside your track from the deepest point on the bottom to the deepest point up inside the top. Choose the size that will fit between 74 3/4" - 77 3/4" or 77 1/4" - 80 1/4".
3. Width of window opening: Your window must be able to open 13" wide for the small size and 15 1/2" wide for the large size.
4. Track thickness: must be at least 1" thick. It will fit in wider tracks but may need to be secured.
To Install the Whiskers and Windows Cat Door Panel
Step 1: Release the automatic height adjustment by turning the knobs located near the top of panel counter-clockwise and pressing. The height adjustment panel should fully extend upward (pull up on panel if necessary).
Step 2: Open the sliding glass/screen door.
Step 3: Insert the cat door with the knobs facing inside. Place the top edge into the top track of the sliding glass/screen door. Lift up and swing the lower portion of the panel onto the ridge in the sliding glass door (or screen door).
Step 4: Slide the Whiskers door against the door jamb. Make sure that top is fully extended (not tilted to one side) and the bottom of the panel is on the ridge in the bottom track.
Step 5: Hand-tighten the knobs by turning clockwise to lock the sliding glass pet door in place.
How to Measure Your Sliding Glass Door for a Pet Door
How big of a dog can go through this?
The Large Flap would accommodate a dog about 15Lbs, and no more than 10" at the shoulder.
Can you lock it?
Yes, it has a 4-way lock with means you have 4 different access options. You can set it for totally locked, so nothing can go in or out. Open, so they can go in and out as the please. In only, so that once they come in they can't go back out until you let them. Or out only, so once the exit they will need you to let them back in.
Is the flap see through?
It is tinted, but you can easily see through it.
Is it hard for pets to use?
It does not require much force so it will be easier for smaller pets to use.
1 Year Limited Warranty
The manufacturer guarantees your purchase for a period of one year from the date of original purchase against any defect arising due to faulty materials or manufacture. Accordingly, any defective item will be repaired free of charge or replaced at the manufacturer’s option provided that the defect has not been caused by neglect, misuse, or normal wear and tear and proof of purchase date is supplied. Your statutory rights are not affected.