The "Cathole" Cat Door
is designed for indoor use only. A typical example is to allow a cat access to a litter box kept inside a closet. It can be installed in hollow-core doors. The brush (shown) serves to groom the cat as he passes through.
These wood arches come unfinished and in one size only. The ones shown have been stained to match the door.
CATHOLE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Before removing door, mark desired position for unit on bottom of door (Figure 1).
2. Remove door by pulling hinge pins. Hint: position flat screwdriver to catch top of pin and tap upward with hammer.
3. Use supplied "Door Hole Template" to trace entrance hole outline (Figure 2).
4. Use Jigsaw to carefully cut entrance hole.
5. Measure thickness of your door and select correct screws. Note: if door is 13/8" thick, use (3) short (black) screws.
if door is 13/4" thick, use (3) long (silver) screws.
6. Insert (3) screws Into front of Frame A (Figure 3). Insert (4) pins into back of Frame B (Figure 3).
Hint: one end of pin has a chamfer is tapered. This end will insert much easier.
7. Align frames on opposite sides of door and gently tighten screws (Figure 4).
Note: do not tighten any screw completely... tighten each screw a few turns and move to the next. Continue until frames are snug on both sides.
8. Fold brush and insert middle of brush into top of frame opening. Press brush into place so that tabs on back of brush rest on lower screws (Figure 5).
9. Press wooden plugs into countersunk screw holes and apply desired finish. There are many attractive ways to decorate your CATHOLE. ..CATHOLE can be pointed or stained. ..Colorful decals or stencil patterns can be applied...Water based poly-acrylics are durable & easy to use.
10. Reinstall door and let kitty enjoy!