PetSafe Sash Window Pet Door - Installation Instructions
Time Required 0.5 hours
- 1 Petsafe Sash Window Panel
- Foam Weather Strip
- Pet Door Locking Cover
- Flathead Screwdriver
Please read instructions & notes thoroughly before installation.
Step 1 Loosen Width Adjustment Locks
- Loosen the width adjustment locks at the end of the sash. This allows the spring mechanism to move freely from side to side.
Step 2 Test Fit the Panel
- Before applying weatherstripping, test installing the sash into your window track.
- Insert the sash into the window track. Push against the spring mechanism and swing the opposite end into the opposite window track.
- Gently release then tighten the width adjustment locks.
- It is important to test that the sash fits properly before applying the weatherstripping. If it sits properly, you can remove it to put on the foam weatherstripping in step 3.
Step 3 Apply Weatherstripping
- Apply the foam weatherstripping by peeling back the paper and exposing the adhesive.
- Unroll it along the edge of the sash, pressing to ensure it adheres.
- Install on both the top and the bottom. Trim to fit with scissors.
Step 4 Insert Into Track
- Place the sash back into the window, then tighten the width adjustment lock to lock it in place.
Petsafe Sash Window Panel Tips
Adjusting the Pet Door for your Window
- Due to the fact that there are many types of windows, you may need to modify your installation using shims or similar materials, and depending on window design you may need to create a track with a quarter-round or 1" square wood strip.
- If there is a gap, you can use the shims to even out the pet door. A foam weather stripping can also be used around the edges for additional insulation.
Removing Your PetSafe Sash Window Pet Door
- You will first need to loosen the width adjustment locks, you may first need to lift the pet door up to loosen the bottom screw.
- Then compress the window pet door and tighten the width adjustment locks once again for easy removal.
Removing the Closing Cover
- Step 1: Place your fingers behind the left and right side handles of the cover and thumbs in the middle.
- Step 2: Push with your thumbs and pull with your fingers to release the cover.
A great way to lock your sliding window is a Charley bar or screw in the track. Both work off the same concept - they block the slider from opening. When engaged you cannot pull the sliding door away from the pet door panel.