- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- Sharing Personal Information
- What Are Your Rights?
- Refund Policy
- Data Retention
- Contact Us
- Company Policies
- Return Policy
- Low Price
- Accessibility Statement
We respect your privacy
PetDoors.com is committed to protecting the privacy of all our customers. We have instituted measures designed to ensure that your personal information is secure, and is not disclosed to individuals or entities that are not authorized to receive it.
We are committed to protecting all personal data that we process and deploy adequate organizational and technical measures to prevent data breaches.
PetDoors.com is under the Creative Commons license to protect its photos and images from monetization and limit sharing/distribution.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies to perform various functions across our sites.Session cookies are downloaded to your device temporarily for the period that you browse a particular website; these cookies might allow you to navigate between pages more efficiently or enable websites to remember the preferences you select. Persistent cookies can be used to help websites remember you as a returning visitor or ensure the online adverts you receive are more relevant to your interests.
Our website uses a cookie control system, allowing the user to give explicit permission or to deny the use of /saving of cookies on their computer/device.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Tags” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Collecting Order Information:
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit or debit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- communicate with you;
- send you service messages by email, SMS or other ways;
- create and manage your account;
- respond to your inquiries;
- screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- provide you with marketing offers and updates.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal data that is forwarded to third parties, is only used to provide you with the services mentioned above. Primarily focusing on email marketing, it helps companies to validate your address, communication agencies to send you order confirmation, warehouse and distribution suppliers in connection with the delivery of your order. Payment service providers for your payment, Credit reference agencies for identity and credit checks and debt collection agencies.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Right To Access:
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact us and we will provide you with your personal data via e-mail.
Right To Portability:
Whenever PetDoors processes your personal data, by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
Right To Rectification:
You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if the information is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
Right To Deletion:
You have the right to erase any personal data processed by us at any time except for the following situations:
- you have an ongoing matter with Customer Service
- you have an open order which has not yet been shipped or partially shipped
- you have an unsettled debt with PetDoors, regardless of the payment method
- if you are suspected or have misused our services within the last four years
- your debt has been sold to a third party within the last three years or one year for deceased customers
- your credit application has been rejected within the last three months
- if you have made any purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection with your transaction for bookkeeping purposes
To delete your data, contact our customer service team via email or phone.
Returns must be in original, uninstalled and unused condition to be accepted for a full refund. You must return products within 30 days of the date you receive them. We process returns Wednesday and Friday except for holidays, and generally expect that returns are processed by the next processing day after receipt. All refunds will amount to the cost of the purchase NOT including original shipping. The cost of your return shipping label will also be deducted from your refund.
The return period is extended to 90 days for any product that is based on the Endura Flap™. A product that is returned with missing parts, with weather-strip attached, scratched "used" flaps and so on may be refused for return or the return amount may be reduced by the labour and parts needed to make the product like new. If we need to refurbish your returned product, your refund may be delayed.
Please note that you may not return an item that has been built custom for you. Nor may you return a pet door that has been obviously installed or used by your pets. You must also provide order reference number/ return authorization number and any other relevant information required by PetDoors.com.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information and personal details for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
About our Shipping Policies and Procedures
Nearly all orders are shipped within 24-48 business hours. We are sometimes out of stock. In that case, we will notify you by email or phone if the delay prior to shipping is expected to exceed 5 working days. If you are in a particular hurry, we suggest you Chat with us at PetDoors.com, email us at email@example.com or call us at (805) 781-7700 between 8 am and 4 pm Pacific time Monday through Friday and discuss your delivery needs. Please remember that we cannot guarantee shipping dates or arrival dates.
International customers are responsible for any import and Customs fees, duties and taxes.
Our Return Policy
If a product is returned with missing parts, with weather-strip attached, scratched "used" flaps and so on may be refused for return or the return amount may be reduced by the labor and parts needed to make the product like new. If we need to refurbish your returned product, your refund may be delayed.
For items shipped from PetDoors.com directly, any products returned after 30 days, but no later than 60 days, there will be a 15% restocking fee.
For Endura Flap doors shipped from PetDoors.com returned after 90 days, but no later than 120 days, there will also be a 15% restocking fee.
Some manufacturers have more stringent return policies which we are required to follow. These are identified in the warranty information for each manufacturer. Please understand that we are bound by these requirements. We also have a "Manufacturer Return Info" page that may be accessed from all category pages that identifies those companies that impose restocking or other fees which we must pass on.
Please note that you may not return an item that has been built 'custom' for you. Nor may you return a pet door that has been obviously installed or used by your pets.
In a case where PetDoors.com has not charged ground shipping on the product, the original shipping charge will be deducted from the refund in case of a return.
Call us at (800) 826-2871 for help before you decide to give up on your pet door. There are many tips, tricks and techniques that we can help you with to get a satisfactory result to an installation problem. Or you can email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
A warranty is a promise by the manufacturer of a product that it will be free of defects and will perform as promised. Different manufacturers have differing warranty terms. We publish these and encourage our customers to check them prior to purchase. Our experience has been that our suppliers are very responsive to warranty problems encountered by our customers.
Security and Privacy Issues
Some web sites are, apparently, making news from the disclosure that they have different pricing for different customers. For example, new shoppers might get cheaper pricing than repeat customers. PetDoors.com does not engage in these types of practices.
PetDoors.com Low Price Pet Door Guarantee
We want your pet door purchase at PetDoors.com to be perfect. That includes giving you the best possible price for the pet door or pet door parts you need.
We encourage you to shop the web for the pet door you need.
Then give us a chance to beat the best price you find by 5% by sending us an email at email@example.com. Here's the information to include:
- The product brand, model, size so we can identify what you're trying to buy (best if you have our stock number from our site).
- The price that you found it at and the address of the web site (www.our-competitor.com).
- Any shipping charge and / or sales tax you'd have to pay with our competitor.
- Your state and zip code
Terms of Offer
- Offer applies to currently advertised prices for current production, new-in-box merchandise.
- Offer works both ways: PetDoors.com will rebate the difference in the product price if a lower advertised price for the identical item is found within 30 days of purchase from us. This offer includes our own sale prices!
- Offer is not limited to the web. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any price found anywhere. Please be prepared to provide documentation for the price you found.
- Though it rarely happens, PetDoors.com may decline to beat a given price for any reason.
Petdoors.com strives to ensure that its services are accessible to people with disabilities. petdoors.com has invested a significant amount of resources to help ensure that its website is made easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities, with the strong belief that every person has the right to live with dignity, equality, comfort, and independence.
Accessibility on petdoors.com
Petdoors.com makes available the Accessibility Widget that is powered by a dedicated accessibility server. The software allows Petdoors.com to improve its compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
Enabling the Accessibility Menu
The Petdoors.com accessibility menu can be enabled by clicking the accessibility menu icon that appears on the corner of the page. After triggering the accessibility menu, please wait a moment for the accessibility menu to load in its entirety.
Petdoors.com continues its efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of its site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to allow seamless, accessible and unhindered use also for those of us with disabilities.
Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on Petdoors.com fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be a result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.
Here For You
If you are experiencing difficulty with any content on Petdoors.com or require assistance with any part of our site, please contact us during normal business hours as detailed below and we will be happy to assist.