- Cat door insert for sliding windows installs tools-free with spring-loaded design
- Height is adjustable up to 3 inches to fit most horizontal sliding windows
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum framing and plastic PetSafe pet door
- All Customs are final sales and cannot be returned. Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for custom models to be built and shipped.
PetSafe Horizontal Window Pet Door
The PetSafe door for Horizontal Sliding Windows is a fast, affordable way to install a pet door in your home. This cat door for sliding windows requires no drilling or cutting (can be trimmed 3/4" shorter with a metal cutting blade if needed) and can be installed in seconds. Our spring-loaded design allows for instant adjustment of up to 3" and creates a snug weather-tight fit. Great for cats and small dogs, this pet door will give you and your pets the freedom to come and go as you please. Also included is a door cover that snaps into place over the PetSafe cat door, giving you control over when your pet can enter or exit.
- Flexible vinyl flap is easy for all small pets to use
- Cat door for horizontal sliding windows made of single-pane, tempered glass
- Spring-loaded design allows for installation and removal in seconds. No tools needed
- Built-In Anti-Whoops allows for 3/4" change in adjustment range to allow for small measuring errors
- Draft Stopper keeps air from coming in between the two windows
- Adjustment Ranges accommodate windows 34" - 37" and 36 " - 49" in height. Custom sizes available, although they are non-returnable so be sure your track width is at least 1".
- Custom sizes are available and take 3 - 4 weeks for processing.
- Control access with closing cover that snaps on over the cat door for sliding windows
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Overall Panel Width||Stock No|
|Small||5 1/8" x 8 1/4"||11 1/8"||07PPC23|
Pet door has 1" framing, measure your track width to make sure that your window will accommodate the panel.
What do I need to know/measure before I order?
First open up your window and check that it can slide open wide enough for the 11 1/8" panel to fit. Next measure the height of the track from deepest part in the bottom to the deepest part up inside the top. Last measure how wide the track is that the window slides in (needs to be at least 1")
How wide does the track have to be for the PetSafe Sash to fit?
Track width needs to be at least 1" thick.
Is this easy to install?
This is designed to be a fairly simple install that does not require any tools. You loosen the screws, set the top of the panel into the top track, then lift the bottom of the panel up and over into the track. Once in place you tighten the screws and that's it.
Will this door be good for more extreme weather?
The pet door has flexible flap with a magnet on the bottom to help hold is shut. The glass is single pane for moderate insulation value, that said this is recommended for more mild climates or if you a simply on a fixed budget.
What if I mis-measured?
If you've mismeasured, you may be able to fix it. To make your cat door about 3/4" taller, you may purchase a (or make your own using 1" x lumber). To make your window kitty door insert slightly shorter you may trim the side flanges on the spring loaded adjustment piece at the top with a hacksaw or a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade.
What does custom mean?
Any of the doors that are labeled as custom mean it is non-returnable.
Whiskers and Windows Warranty
1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
the manufacturer guarantees your purchase for a period of one year from the date of original purchase against any defect arising due to faulty materials or manufacture. Accordingly any defective item will be repaired free of charge or replaced at the manufacturers option provided that the defect has not been caused by neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear and proof of purchase date is supplied. Your statutory rights are not affected.
1. Open your window
2. Place the PetSafe Window Pet Door into the track next to your window
3. Loosen the screws at the top to release the spring load
4. The top of the pet door should go up into the top track all the way. Once in place hand tighten the screws.
5. Remove the blue cover over the adhesive and install the draft stopper so that the edge without the adhesive is just barely touching the glass on the stationary.
Adjusting the Pet Door for your Window
Due to the fact that there are many types of windows, you may need to modify your installation using shims or similar materials such as foam weather stripping. If there is a gap, you can use the shims to even out the pet door.
Removing Your PetSafe Horizontal Window Pet Door
You will first need to loosen the thumbscrews. Then compress the window pet door and tighten the thumbscrews once again for easy removal.