PetSafe Horizontal Window Pet Door - Installation Instructions
Time Required 0.5 Hours
- Panel Pet Door
- Closing Cover
- Flathead Screwdriver
Please read instructions & notes thoroughly before installation.
Step 1 Release Spring Mechanism
- Release the automatic height adjustment locks by loosening the screws with a screwdriver.
Step 2 Insert the Panel Into the Track
- Insert the cat door panel with the knobs facing inside. Place the top edge into the top track of the window. Lift up and swing the lower portion of the panel into the bottom track.
Step 3 Adjust the Panel
- Slide the pet door panel against the window jamb. Make sure that the top is fully extended (not tilted to one side) and the bottom of the panel is on the ridge (pencil rail) in the bottom track.
- Tighten the height adjustment locks with a screwdriver.
PetSafe Window Panel Tips
Removing the Press-Fit Closing Cover
- Step 1: Place thumbs in center of cover.
- Step 2: Place fingers on the back side of the wings sticking out of the sides of the cover.
- Step 3: Push with thumbs and Pull with fingers at the same time to unsnap the cover from the frame.
Removing Your PetSafe Window Pet Door
- You will first need to loosen the thumbscrews, you may first need to lift the pet door up to loosen the bottom screw.
- Then compress the window pet door and tighten the thumbscrews once again for easy removal.
Locking the Panel
- A great way to lock your sliding window is a Charley bar or dowel in the track. Both work off the same concept - they block the slider from opening. When engaged you cannot pull the sliding door away from the pet door panel.