- Sturdy panel insert with built-in pet door for side-sliding windows
- Adjustable height ranges to fit most sliding windows
- Double flap keeps your home insulated
- Two-piece flap design keeps entire pet door opening sealed
- Spring-loaded design for quick, tool-free installation
The Dragon Pet Door for Windows is an economically friendly window panel insert for sideways-sliding windows. It features an efficient two-piece Dragon pet flap for excellent sealing value. Available in three height adjustment ranges, the Dragon Window Pet Door fits window tracks of all sizes. These window panels install with a simple spring-loaded adjustment method, allowing you to quickly take them in and out of your window track—no drilling or cutting required.
- Two-piece flap design covers the entire pet door opening for improved sealing
- Flexible polyolefin elastomer flap is easy for pets of all sizes to use
- UV-resistant additives in the pet door flap and frame protect against weather damage
- Double flap maximizes insulation for energy-efficiency
- Single-pane, tempered glass optimal for moderate climates
- Sturdy aluminum frame designed to fit into window tracks at least 1” thick
- Spring-loaded mechanism to install tools-free into window track
- Available in two track height adjustment ranges to fit windows 34"–37" or 46"–49" tall
- Magnets keep flap shut when not in use
- Comes with a sturdy locking cover to block access when needed
- Allows your pets the freedom to come and go without a costly install in a door or wall
- Quick and easy installation, easily removable—perfect for renters or vacation homes
- Low impact installation method, no drilling or cutting required
|Flap Size||Flap Dimensions||Step Over||Overall Panel Width||Recommended Pet Height*||Stock No|
|Small||Coming soon!||Coming soon!||Coming soon!||Coming soon!||01DF-A10SS|
|Medium||7.0" x 13.1"||4.4"||13.7"||12" - 16"||01DF-A20MM|
|Large||9.4" x 16.6"||4.4"||Coming soon!||12" - 19"||01DF-A30LL|
*measured from the ground to the tallest point of their back.
Don't know which size to get? Here is a measurement guide to help you out.
Wondering how to measure your track? Review our Track Measuring Guide.
Your Track Height Adjustment range is based on the measurement of your door height from the lowest point of your track to the highest point.Each Dragon patio panel has a 3" adjustment range with your window track height approximately in the middle. The following adjustment ranges are available:
- Short (Size F): 34" – 37"
- Regular (Size J): 46" – 49"
CAUTION: If your measured track height is near the bottom of the adjustment range then you should review A Note of Caution.
What's the difference between the single flap and the double flap?
The double flap option provides increased insulation against the cold. Both options have magnets on the flap to keep the door sealed in wind.
I want to get the large pet door for my dog, but I am concerned about a person fitting through it.
All Dragon Pet Doors come with a locking cover. This cover can be used to keep you doggy in. It also can be used to keep intruders from entering your home. It slides into the interior frame.
How do I know what size is best for my dog?
When installing the pet door you want it to clear the top of your dog's back by 1-2 inches, minimum. To give your pet the most comfortable pet door possible, make sure the step-over is less than 1/3 of your dog's height. Lastly you want the width of the door to be big enough to allow your pet to go through without touching the sides. Here's a measure your pet with tips on how to determine the correct size.
Are replacement flaps available?
Yes, you can buy Dragon replacement flaps.
Where can I install the Dragon Pet Door?
The Dragon Pet Door has multiple Installation options. You can install it in Regular Doors, as a Wall mount, Aluminum Sliding Doors, Vinyl Sliding Doors, Sash Windows, Vinyl Windows, and Horizontal Windows.
Can my small and large dog share this pet door?
Yes, but make sure to follow standard Measuring Guidelines. Make sure the size of the door is based off your tallest pet, but installed low enough for your smallest pet.
1 Window Insert with a Pre-Installed Dragon Pet Door (single or double flap)
1 Foam Weather Strip
1 Locking Cover
Step 1: Loosen the thumb screws at the end of the pet door insert. This allows the spring mechanism to move freely up and down.
Step 2: Open your window and insert the panel into the window track. Push against the spring mechanism to expand the panel into the upper window track. Once it is expanded the full height of the window, tighten the thumb screws.
Once you are certain the window pet door sits properly in your track, proceed to step 3 to apply weatherstripping.
Step 3: Apply the foam weatherstripping by peeling back the paper to expose the adhesive. Unroll it along the edge of the panel, pressing to ensure it adheres. Install it on both the top and bottom, trimming to fit as needed with scissors.
Repeat steps 1 and 2 to secure the window pet door in your window track.
Note: Since there are many window styles, you may need to modify your installation using shims or similar materials such as foam weatherstripping. If there is a gap, you can use shims to even out the pet door.