- Ideal Ruff Weather replacement door frame gasket
- Compatible with the Ideal Ruff Weather Pet Doors
- Acts as dog door weatherstripping to prevent moisture and leakage
- Enough material provided to fit super large sizes
- Must be trimmed to fit your all-weather dog door
This doggie door frame gasket is a replacement piece for Ruff Weather pet door models. The weather frame gasket is used to aid the silicone sealant in preventing rain and moisture from leaking behind your pet door frame and damaging your door or wall. The frame gasket is the perfect addition for an extreme weather dog door and provides enough material to fit even the Super Large size.
If you have a smaller size Ideal Pet Door, you will need to trim the gasket accordingly to fit your flap size. Not the right pet door part for your pet door? Take a look at our full make and model selection of other parts and accessories.
Ideal Pet Products Limited Lifetime Warranty
We believe that our pet doors are the most durable on the market. That's why we were the first to offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty in workmanship and materials. All defective parts will be replaced free of charge. Limited Lifetime Warranty applies to the original purchaser only, with proof of sales receipt. Excludes flap or breakage of the glass panel.
A replacement part will be sent when we receive proof of purchase and a check in the amount of $10.00 to cover shipping and handling, payable to:
IDEAL PET PRODUCTS, INC.
24735 Ave. Rockefeller
Valencia, California 91355
Attn: Pet Products Warranty Dept.
This warranty is void if damage to material is due to improper installation or intentional abuse.
As with any home improvement project, if you do not have the tools or skills to properly install your pet door, we suggest using a professional handyman or licensed contractor.
Ideal imposes a 15% restocking fee on all returns.
Ruff Weather Gasket Replacement Instructions
None, as long as pet door is already uninstalled
1. Remove old gasket material
-For easiest removal, lay the frame on a flat surface. The old gasket should just pull out
2. Locate new gasket material
3. Beginning at the bottom-center of the door frame, firmly press the new gasket into channel
-The thinner, straight section of the gasket cross-section is what is inserted into the channel
4. Continue all the way around the entire door frame
5. Complete by lining up gasket material at the bottom-center of the frame
-For maximum weather protection, make sure the ends are flush against each other