- Glass storm door with dog door built in accommodates mild climates
- Features a sliding window with a screen for optimal ventilation
- PetSafe Freedom pet door is designed to benefit both cats and dogs
- Hassle-free installation
- Consists of heavy duty lexan, aluminum, and clear, tempered glass for the ultimate durability
- Item only available in the lower 48 United States
- Please Note: This product is on a 6 week delay before shipping
- We are currently taking custom orders over the phone. Please call 1-800-826-2871 to place a custom order.
Dog Door Storm Door with PetSafe Freedom Door
Featuring a centered, screened window, this exterior storm door with a built-in PetSafe Freedom aluminum pet door is a practical yet innovative solution for accommodating both you and your pet. The sliding window provides quick and easy ventilation so that you don't have to keep the door ajar for air flow. The door comes pre-assembled with all of the hardware necessary for installation. Just select the appropriate door dimensions, pet flap size, and preferred placement location of the door handle, and you'll be one step closer to a new storm door experience!
Note: The storm door dog door is pre-installed, so make sure you correctly measure your pet to ensure that the flap size you select will be comfortable, as pet doors are not interchangeable. You can measure your pets with these measuring guidelines. Refer to the 'Size Chart' tab once you've finished measuring your pet.
- The high impact, clear lexan polycarbonate exterior provides more safety than traditional glass
- Window glass is a single pane clear, tempered style
- Door comes in a clean, white finish
- Standard hardware color is black, but you have the option of upgrading to bronze, nickel, or brass handles for an additional charge
- Door dimension options: 32" width x 80" height OR 36" width x 80" height. Measure your door frame appropriately prior to purchasing
- Heavy duty extruded aluminum tube framing with dimensions of 1 3/8 x 3 3/4
- PetSafe door available in four sizes: small, medium, large, and extra-large (XL has an additional charge of $129.99)
- Step over is 7" high (so your pet must be able to step over that comfortably)
- PetSafe flap is a clear tinted, thin flexible flap ideal for mild climates
- ABS plastic locking cover included for control over your pet's access to and from the door
- Accommodates both dogs and cats
- Small size recommended for cats
- Simple fix for pets that want to go in and out frequently, regardless of weather conditions
- Sleek design complements aesthetic exterior of the house
- Includes a one-year warranty
- Door is pre-hung making installation faster and easier
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Rough Cut Out||Outside Frame Dimension||Stock No|
|Small||5-1/4" w x 8-1/8" h||5-7/8" w x 9-3/4" h||7-3/4" w x 11-5/8" h||03PS45|
|Medium||8-1/4" w x 12-1/4" h||8-7/8" w x 13-3/4" h||10-3/4" w x 15-5/8" h||03PS46|
|Large||10-1/4" w x 16-1/4" h||10-7/8" w x 17-7/8" h||12-3/4" w x 19-5/8" h||03PS47|
|Extra Large||13-3/4" w x 23-3/4" h||14-3/8" w x 25-1/4" h||16-1/4" w x 27-1/8" h||03PS48|
Is the door only in white?
We currently only offer the white on the website, however we can special order bronze and tan. Please contact customer service for either of those options.
How tall is the step over at the bottom?
It is about 7" to the bottom of the flap.
What is pre-hung?
That means that the holes for all the hardware are already drilled for you.
How tall is the screen portion?
It is 20" when the window is all the way open.
Do I have to remove the glass panel when I want to use just the screen?
No, the panel slides in a channel so you would not need to take it out. You just simply slide it up and it locks in place like a normal window.
Are the 3 panels glass?
The bottom panel is plexiglass, and the middle and top panel are single pane tempered glass.
Is the installation DIY or should I hire out?
If you are handy, since it comes pre-hung with the hardware holes drilled, it can be considered a do it yourself.
Will the pet door insulate well?
It is more economy style so three season climates would be the best. However, if you do live in an area with a colder climate, you could simply close the inside people door in particularly bad weather.
Is the pet door clear?
You can see through the flexible vinyl on the pet door, but it is tinted.
Can you lock the storm door?
Yes, it comes with a keyed lock.
Storm Door Warranty
90 DAY LIMITED WARRANTY
PetSafe Pet Door Warranty Information
Radio Systems Corporation is the industry leader in Consumer Pet Electronics; products are marketed under the PetSafe, Innotek, Invisible Fence, Guardian, Staywell and SportDOG brands. Radio Systems Corporation and its authorized resellers (who display the appropriate sanctioned logos) only sell new products in original packaging. Product represented as used, refurbished, or “as-is”, or not in original packaging will not be covered by our warranty, or any consumer support.
We are committed to consumer satisfaction. To that end Radio Systems Corp. cautions consumers from purchasing any product other than product in its original packaging or specially marked refurbished packaging.
Proof of Purchase must be provided to our customer care center before a warranty claim can be honored. For your convenience, you may register your product and provide proof of purchase immediately after your purchase. Thereafter, proof of purchase will not be required to fulfill a warranty claim. Products may be registered at www.petsafe.net/register-product. Proof of purchase is accepted via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax or traditional mail. Proof of purchase is defined as the sales receipt, or copy of the sales receipt.
Attn: Customer Care Center/POP
Radio Systems Corporation
10427 PetSafe Way
Knoxville TN 37932
ONE YEAR NON-TRANSFERRABLE LIMITED WARRANTY
WHAT IS COVERED:
Radio Systems Corporation, owner of the PetSafe Brand, (hereinafter referred to as “PetSafe”) warrants to the original retail consumer purchaser, and not any other purchaser or subsequent owner, that its PetSafe product, when subject to normal and proper residential use, will be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the purchase date. An “original retail consumer purchaser” is a person or entity who originally purchases the product, or a gift recipient of a new product that is unopened and in its original packaging. When serviced by PetSafe Customer Service, PetSafe covers labor and parts for the first year of ownership; after the first year, a service or upgrade charge will apply relative to replacement of the product, with new or refurbished items at PetSafe’s sole discretion. The limited warranty is non-transferrable and shall automatically terminate if the original retail consumer purchaser resells the PetSafe product or transfers the property on which the PetSafe product is installed. In the event of defect, these are your exclusive remedies.
PROPER PRODUCT USE:
This product is designed only for use with domesticated animals; do not use this product for any other purpose. However, the specific temperament of your animal may not work with this product. We recommend that you do not use this product if your animal is aggressive. If you are unsure whether this product is appropriate for your animal, please consult with your veterinarian or certified trainer before you use this product. Please see the instruction manual for additional important information.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED:
This non-transferrable limited warranty does not provide protection against, and PetSafe will have no liability under this non-transferrable limited warranty for any damage to or defects in the products caused by any animal, loss of product(s), failure, defect or damage caused by events and situations beyond normal residential exposure conditions, including, but not limited to: commercial use, misuse, abuse, neglect, improper installation or installation not in accordance with PetSafe’s instructions, use of non-PetSafe accessories, impacts of foreign objects, acts of God, abnormal or improper use, improper storage, attempted repair or service by anyone other than PetSafe Customer Service, accident, alteration, defects in or failure of the surface the PetSafe product is installed in or upon, discoloration or other damage caused by pollution, sunlight, other environmental conditions, mold, dirt, mildew, or exposure to harmful chemicals and any other cause not involving manufacturing defects in the PetSafe product. Under no circumstances will PetSafe be liable for any non-PetSafe labor charges or any expenses whatsoever in connection with the removal, repair or installation of either the original or replacement component(s) relative to in-ground fence installation, kennel installation, pet door installation and other permanent, semi-permanent, or fixture type installations on the retail consumer purchaser’s property.
REGISTERING THE PRODUCT:
Within thirty (30) days of purchase, please go to www.petsafe.net/register-product to register your purchase. A sales receipt shall be required to obtain warranty coverage. Please keep this information in a safe place.
MAKING A WARRANTY CLAIM:
To obtain warranty service, call the PetSafe Customer Care center. In the United States or Canada, 1-800-732-2677; in Australia, 1800 786 608; in New Zealand, 0800 543 054.
Pursuant to this non-transferrable limited warranty, PetSafe will replace the part with a new or refurbished part. This non-transferrable limited warranty will then apply to either the new or refurbished part for the remainder of the original non-transferrable limited warranty period.
Replacement as provided under this non-transferrable limited warranty is the exclusive remedy of the consumer. Neither labor to remove the part nor labor to install the refurbished or replaced part is covered.
This non-transferrable limited warranty is in lieu of all other express warranties. PetSafe expressly disclaims and excludes all other warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. PetSafe also disclaims and excludes all liability for incidental, consequential, punitive, direct, indirect, special or any other damages arising out of or connected with the purchase, use or misuse of this product or for the breach of any express or implied warranties or breach of contract or otherwise. Purchaser assumes all risks and liabilities from the use or misuse of this product. PetSafe does not authorize any other person or agent to make any other express or implied warranties.
Furthermore, PetSafe will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury resulting from delay in delivery of replacement parts or for any failure by PetSafe to perform covered repair work due to circumstances beyond PetSafe’s control.
This non-transferrable limited warranty shall be governed by the law of the State of Tennessee, U.S.A., and by the laws of the United States of America, excluding their conflicts of laws principles. Furthermore, the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby excluded in its entirety from application to this non-transferrable limited warranty. Jurisdiction and venue shall be exclusive to the courts of Knox County, Tennessee. These warranties give you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state or country to country. Some states or countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Fountain replacement pumps when purchased individually have a 90-day warranty.
Limited Warranty for PetSafe Certified Refurbished Products
Effective January 1, 2010
For purposes of this limited warranty, “PetSafe Certified Refurbished Products” means buy-back products, returned products, pre-owned products, and/or scratch & dent products that PetSafe has:
- Fully tested
- Refurbished by replacing any defective modules identified during testing
- Thoroughly cleaned and inspected
- Repackaged (including appropriate manuals, probes, wire, new boxes, etc.)
- Re-inspected prior to being sold
PetSafe Certified Refurbished Products may have small cosmetic blemishes. PetSafe warrants that each PetSafe Certified Refurbished Product will be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of ninety (90) calendar days from the original date of purchase. During the warranty period, PetSafe will, at its option, replace with new or refurbished products or parts, any products or parts determined to be defective. In the event of a product defect, these are your only remedies. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
This limited warranty covers only product issues caused by defects in materials or workmanship during ordinary consumer use and does not cover product issues caused by any other reason, including, but not limited to, product issues arising out of or related to commercial use, acts of God, misuse, limitations of technology, or customer modification of any part of the PetSafe Certified Refurbished Product. This limited warranty does not cover consumables, such as treats, batteries, or fuses. This limited warranty is invalid if the factory-applied serial number has been altered or removed from the product. This limited warranty is valid only in the United States.
All express and implied warranties, including without limitation any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in time to the term of this limited warranty. No warranties, whether express or implied will apply after the expiration of the limited warranty period. Some states do now allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you. Except as provided in this warranty and to the extent permitted by law, PetSafe is not responsible for direct, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any breach of warranty or condition, or under any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion or limitation may not apply to you.
Making a Warranty Claim
If you need assistance or to make a warranty claim, please contact our Customer Care Center for help in troubleshooting and, if necessary, to arrange a warranty repair for your product.
Installation may vary from the instructions below
Storm Door Kit Includes:
- Door panels
- Door closure
1. Confirm the hinge side (can be left or right).
2. 1" wide by 1" deep mounting surface is required. You may need hinge shims which are sold separately.
3. Make sure that you verify the trim that you are attaching it to is secure and square.
4. Place the hinge rail against the hinge side of your door frame and slide it all the way up to the top.
5. Using a pencil make a mark inside the first hole all the way at the top. Then remove the rail.
6. Take a screw and drill it in where you made the mark for the first hole leaving about 1/8" of the screw threads exposed.
7. Install the sweep at the bottom.
8. Crimp ends on both sides with pliers and then trim off any excess material.
9. Slide the expander onto the bottom of the door with the holes facing the inside, don't fasten it just yet.
10. Place the door on the floor with the interior side up.
11. Find the hinge locator hole near the top and place the first top hole on the rail over the locator hole.
12. Then attach the mounting screw.
13. Make a mark with a pencil inside each of the following holes on the rail.
14. Drill 1/8" pilot holes in each of those and fasten the rail with the remaining screws.
15. Slide the rail extender into the bottom of the hinge rail.
16. Hang the door onto the jamb using the place holder screw from step 7, then tighten.
17. Slide the rail extender at the bottom to meet the door sill.
18. Install the door installation screw into the bottom location followed by the remaining 6 - 8.
19. Close the door and install the five door installation screws. Be careful not to over-tighten.
20. Cut the extender weather stripping to length then peel back and install.
21. Install the handle and lock through the pre-drilled holes.
22. Open the door and screw in the closer mechanism to the inside.
23. Slide in the separate door panels.
24. Enjoy your new storm door pet door!