Cathole Cat Door
This cat door was designed for indoor use only. A typical example is to allow a cat access to a litter box kept inside a closet. It can be installed in hollow-core doors. The brush (shown) serves to groom the cat as he passes through.
These wood arches come unfinished and in one size only. The ones shown have been stained to match the door.
CATHOLE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Before removing door, mark desired position for unit on bottom of door (Figure 1).
2. Remove door by pulling hinge pins. Hint: position flat screwdriver to catch top of pin and tap upward with hammer.
3. Use supplied "Door Hole Template" to trace entrance hole outline (Figure 2).
4. Use Jigsaw to carefully cut entrance hole.
5. Measure thickness of your door and select correct screws. Note: if door is 13/8" thick, use (3) short (black) screws.
if door is 13/4" thick, use (3) long (silver) screws.
6. Insert (3) screws Into front of Frame A (Figure 3). Insert (4) pins into back of Frame B (Figure 3).
Hint: one end of pin has a chamfer is tapered. This end will insert much easier.
7. Align frames on opposite sides of door and gently tighten screws (Figure 4).
Note: do not tighten any screw completely... tighten each screw a few turns and move to the next. Continue until frames are snug on both sides.
8. Fold brush and insert middle of brush into top of frame opening. Press brush into place so that tabs on back of brush rest on lower screws (Figure 5).
9. Press wooden plugs into countersunk screw holes and apply desired finish. There are many attractive ways to decorate your CATHOLE. ..CATHOLE can be pointed or stained. ..Colorful decals or stencil patterns can be applied...Water based poly-acrylics are durable & easy to use.
10. Reinstall door and let kitty enjoy!
Click below to expand:
We recommend that you measure your pet to make sure by cutting a hole in cardboard and seeing if they can get through.
It will work in both solid and hollow core doors.
You do have to uninstall the frame to get the brush off.
This will not be effective for keeping the cold air out because there is no flap.
You can but it is not recommended because there is no flap.
Yes, it should not affect the door's functionality.
It is not manufacturered in white, but is made specifically so you can paint over it for a white colored finish.
You have 30 days from the delivery date to return the product to us in original condition. We will pay for the return shipping but the original shipping costs will not be refunded.