Pre-Installed Pet DoorsRead More Below
Purchasing a pet door already installed may seem easier than installing a pet door into an existing door, but we would not recommend pre-installed doors for the following reasons.
Why You Should Buy Your Pet Door and People Door Separately:
- Shipping in separate parts is cheaper than shipping an entire door
- Less chance of damage while shipping
- More options of people doors when searching locally
- Hanging a door is not easy; you'll probably want it done by a professional. So you've already got the installer at your house. Installing the pet door in the door you've chosen won't cost much more.
- Fixing problems with mail-order doors will be more troublesome than locally
- It's very important, especially for larger dog doors, that the dog door be installed at the correct height. Or you may need an installation height that is a compromise for two different sized pets. Getting that done right is a lot easier when you're supervising the installer directly.
- If you need to return the door for any reason, it's much easier to do locally