- The most recommended large cat/small dog door
- Fits materials 0"– 2" in thickness, great for storm doors and interior/exterior installs
- Generous 7" x 7" flap is suitable for even the biggest cats
- Sliding tabs securely lock the flap so you can control your pet's routine
- Brush strip around the durable polycarbonate flap decreases energy loss
The Cat Mate 221 is plastic framed and comes with its own self lining that serves to frame out a hollow core door in a thickness range of 0"– 2". The liner also makes for a neater appearance in a solid core door. It is large enough to accommodate the largest cat. The translucent flap is a rigid acrylic with weatherstripping around the perimeter. The Cat Mate Large Cat Flap size incorporates a 4-way locking mechanism.
Please Note: The Cat Mate 221 "Large Cat Flap" and the Cat Mate 221 "Small Dog Door" are identical products except for the packaging (the part you throw away). Since the Cat version is available in brown and, currently, the Small Dog version is not, purchase the large cat version if you want a brown frame and have a small dog.
- Versatile, four-way locking system tabs take the basic pet door to the next level
- Made from a durable acrylic frame and lined with brush weather stripping that works as a weather-proof seal, you won’t have to worry about heat or cold air entering or escaping, especially if you live in an area with temperamental weather
- Includes a magnetic closure that prevents it from constant swinging and keeps the wind from blowing through
- Clear, acrylic 7x7 flap is easy for pets to see through and easy to clean
- large flap accommodates the “fluffiest” of kitties—even those exceeding 20+ pounds! It also supports small dogs up to a shoulder height of 10”
- Installs easily in aluminum, metal, and hollow core doors, as well as polycarbonate, plywood, and other thin materials 0"– 2" thick
- Prevents active nocturnal cats from interrupting your sleep to eat or use the litter box
- For indoor easy installations, it allows you to put your litter box in a more convenient place to eliminate odors from entering certain parts of the house
- Keeps specific food and cat litter box away from larger pets
- Setting the door to completely locked with the cat mate 4-way locking cat flap, it keeps pets safe inside at night and prevents critters from entering the house
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Rough Cut Out||Outside Frame Dimension|
|Large Cat Door||7" w x 7 1/4" h||8 3/4" w x 9 3/8" h||9 1/4" w x 9 3/4" h|
Where can I find replacement flaps?
Replacement Flaps for this Cat Flap may be found at Cat Mate 221 Large Cat Replacement Flap.
Is the flap on the cat mate 221 large cat door clear?
The flap is clear, but tinted darker.
Can I use a different flap that is clear instead?
Flaps usually are not interchangeable between models as they attach to the door differently, so the flap that comes with the door is the only option that is compatible for pet mate cat mate doors.
Is the flap flexible?
No, the flap is hard plastic.
What is the thickness range for this door?
This door fits materials 0-2" thick and is great for storm doors and interior/exterior doors.
Can I install the 221 in a wall?
It is possible to install the two halves on either side of your wall for an interior cat door, however there is no cat mate 221 wall liner, so you would need to find a diy way to build a tunnel and attach the frames, making sure to caulk the edges to prevent water leaking into the wall. The Cat Mate 234/235 is a similar smaller product that can be installed in walls.
Are the magnets removable?
No, they are not. If your cat is having issues pushing through, you can put some tape over the magnets on the frame to lessen the attraction.
Can I install this in glass?
Yes, thin panels and thinner material like plexiglass can accommodate this door.
Can I lock this door at night?
Yes, there is a built-in 4-way locking feature.
What does a 4-way lock mean?
That means there are 4 locking options: 1) unlocked 2) locked 3) locked going out only 4) locked coming in only
What pet supplies hardware comes with this door?
Short and long screws, and screw hole covers.
Is the cat mate large cat door good for interior installation?
It can be used on interior or exterior doors.
Is the cat mate large cat flap door the same as the chubby kat door?
It is not the same, they are just both for larger pets.
Is this considered a good big cat door?
Yes this is a very good, best seller, economical choice if you need a cat flap with a little extra room.
Where can I find a Dog Mate large dog door?
The Dog Mate 215 and 216 are larger pet doors in stock that are available in two sizes. The flap size for the 215 is 8 3/4" w x 10 1/4" h and the 216 is 11 3/4" w x 14 1/8" h.
Does the manufacturer make a dog mate large dog door?
They do, those would be the Dog Mate 215 and 216 dog doors.
I bought a Model # 221WD in the past. Is this the same pet door?
Yes it is. It is the Small Dog Door with a flap size of 7"w x 7"h.
To Replace the Flap in a Catmate or Dogmate Pet Door
Cat Mate/ Dog Mate/ Ani Mate 3 Year Limited Warranty
Guarantees your purchase for a period of three years from the date of original purchase against any defect arising due to faulty materials or manufacture. Accordingly, any defective item will be repaired free of charge or replaced at the manufacturer’s option provided that the defect has not been caused by neglect, misuse, or normal wear and tear and proof of purchase date is supplied. Your statutory rights are not affected.