- Economical sliding door panel with built-in pet door
- Sturdy aluminum framing for the perfect fit in aluminum sliding glass doors
- Efficient two-piece flap design for improved insulation
- Quick, tool-free installation in aluminum-frame sliding doors
- Comes in black or white to match your home
The Dragon patio panel pet door for aluminum sliding glass doors is made to complement your existing sliding door frame. This removable panel with a built-in Dragon pet door is an economically friendly solution for installing a pet door in a sliding glass door. With a spring-loaded design, the Dragon aluminum patio panel installs tools-free. You can remove the panel in a matter of minutes, making it the ideal choice for vacation homes and rental properties.
- High-quality aluminum frame to match your aluminum sliding door
- Tough polyolefin elastomer flap material keeps home insulated
- Single-pane, tempered glass ideal for moderate climates
- Includes foam weatherstripping to keep your home insulated (for double flap option, see the Double Flap Dragon Pet Door for Aluminum Sliders)
- Installs tool-free with simple spring-loaded design
- Available in three track height adjustment ranges to fit most sliding doors 74.75"–96.25" in height
- Includes a C-Clamp lock to hold the panel in place (you can install a Charley Bar for additional security)
- Extruded aluminum frame made for sliding glass door tracks at least 1” thick (for vinyl sliding doors, see the Dragon Pet Door for Vinyl Sliders)
- Comes with a sturdy locking cover to block access when needed
- Allows pets to come and go without cutting your door or wall
- Quick, tools-free and low-impact installation
- Easily removable, perfect for temporary or seasonal installation
- Ability to upgrade from single flap to double flap using an Additional Dragon Flap
|Flap Size||Flap Dimensions||Step Over||Overall Panel Width||Recommended Pet Height*||Stock No|
|Small||Coming soon!||Coming soon!||Coming soon!||Coming soon!||01DF-A10SS|
|Medium||7.0" x 13.1"||4.4"||13.7"||12" - 16"||01DF-A20MM|
|Large||9.4" x 16.6"||4.4"||Coming soon!||12" - 19"||01DF-A30LL|
|Extra Large||Coming soon!||Coming soon!||Coming soon!||Coming soon!||01DF-A40XL|
*measured from the ground to the tallest point of their back.
Don't know which size to get? Here is a measurement guide to help you out.
Wondering how to measure your track? Review our Track Measuring Guide.
Your Track Height Adjustment range is based on the measurement of your door height from the lowest point of your track to the highest point. Each Dragon patio panel has a 3" adjustment range with your window track height approximately in the middle. The following adjustment ranges are available:
- Short: 74 3⁄4" – 77 3⁄4"
- Regular: 77 1⁄4" – 80 1⁄4"
- Tall: 93 1⁄4" – 96 1⁄4" (additional cost)
CAUTION: If your measured track height is near the bottom of the adjustment range then you should review A Note of Caution.
What's the difference between the single flap and the double flap?
The double flap option provides increased insulation against the cold. Both options have magnets on the flap to keep the door sealed in wind.
I want to get the large pet door for my dog, but I am concerned about a person fitting through it.
All Dragon Pet Doors come with a locking cover. This cover can be used to keep you doggy in. It also can be used to keep intruders from entering your home. It slides into the interior frame.
How do I know what size is best for my dog?
When installing the pet door you want it to clear the top of your dog's back by 1-2 inches, minimum. To give your pet the most comfortable pet door possible, make sure the step-over is less than 1/3 of your dog's height. Lastly you want the width of the door to be big enough to allow your pet to go through without touching the sides. Here's a measure your pet with tips on how to determine the correct size.
Are replacement flaps available?
Yes, you can buy Dragon replacement flaps.
Where can I install the Dragon Pet Door?
The Dragon Pet Door has multiple Installation options. You can install it in Regular Doors, as a Wall mount, Aluminum Sliding Doors, Vinyl Sliding Doors, Sash Windows, Vinyl Windows, and Horizontal Windows.
Can my small and large dog share this pet door?
Yes, but make sure to follow standard Measuring Guidelines. Make sure the size of the door is based off your tallest pet, but installed low enough for your smallest pet.
1 Panel Pet Door with a Pre-Installed Dragon Pet Door (single or double flap)
1 Foam Weather Strip
1 C-Clamp Lock
1 Locking Cover
Step 1: Loosen the thumb screws at the top of the panel. This will allow the spring-loaded mechanism to move freely up and down.
Do not apply weatherstripping until you have test-fit the patio panel in your sliding door track to make sure it fits.
Step 2: To raise the panel into the upper track of your sliding glass door, push up against the spring mechanism at the top of the panel until it is flush with the upper track.
Swing the bottom of the panel up and over the threshold, allowing it to rest on the small guide rail in your sliding door track. If you can’t quite get it in the track, try swinging from the outside as the outside track wall may be shorter.
Note: If your sliding glass door rests on a monorail (rather than in traditional U-shaped tracks), see our tips on installing patio panel pet doors in monorail sliding glass doors. For monorail tracks less than ¾”, you can purchase a monorail adapter (this will require the use of a drill and possibly a jigsaw).
Step 3: Once you’re sure the panel fits, remove it from the sliding door frame and lay it flat on its side on the ground. Apply the foam weatherstripping by peeling off the paper to expose the adhesive. Unroll it along the edge of the panel, pressing to ensure it adheres. Install on both sides, trim to fit with scissors as needed.
Once you have applied the weatherstripping, you can repeat steps 1-2 to install the Dragon Panel Insert in your sliding glass door.
Step 4: Install the provided C-Clamp Lock. Place the lock on the inside flange (raised piece) of the sliding door track and tighten the screws to secure it in place.
Note: For maximum security, you can install a Charley Bar to secure the patio panel in your sliding glass door track.