- Storm door with dog door built in designed for severe climates
- Sliding window has a built-in screen for extra ventilation
- Energy-efficient Endura Flap pet door is highly insulated and wind-resistant
- Comes pre-hung for simpler installation
- Made of heavy-duty Lexan, aluminum, and clear, tempered glass for the ultimate durability
- Item only available in the lower 48 United States
- Please Note: this product is on a 6-week delay before shipping
- An email will be sent to you requesting additional information for your custom order
Designed with a centered, screened window, this exterior storm door with a built-in Endura Flap pet door is a high-quality storm door built to meet the needs of both you and your pets. The insulation value of the Endura Flap pet door is guaranteed to prevent heating and cooling loss common among other pet doors. The sliding storm door window provides ventilation so that you don't have to keep the door open for airflow. The storm door comes pre-assembled with all of the features, so all you have to do is fit it in the door jam. Just select the appropriate door dimensions, pet flap size, and preferred placement location of the door handle.
Please Note: The storm door pet door is pre-installed, so make sure you correctly measure your pet to ensure that the flap size you select is comfortable for your pet. You can measure your pets with these measuring guidelines. Refer to the 'Size Chart' tab once you've finished measuring your pet.
- The high impact, clear Lexan polycarbonate exterior provides more safety than traditional glass
- Window is clear, tempered glass
- Door comes in a sleek, white finish
- Basic hardware color is black, but you can upgrade to bronze, nickel, or brass handles for an additional charge
- Door dimension options: 32" width x 80" height OR 36" width x 80" height. Measure your door frame appropriately prior to buying
- Durable, extruded aluminum tube framing with dimensions of 1 3/8" x 3 3/4"
- Endura door available in four sizes: small, medium, large, and extra-large (XL has an additional charge of $129.99)
- Step over is 7" high (so your pet must be able to step over that comfortably)
- Endura dog door is a pet and environmentally friendly polyolefin polymer flap that remains flexible in low temperatures
- Magnets line three sides of the flap for enhanced storm and wind resistance (can be removed temporarily for training purposes)
- Flexible flap swings on a rod at the top to avoid cracking and flexing
- Locking cover security panel included for control over your pet's access to and from the door
- Pet entry system lets in natural light without letting in the cold
- Accommodates both dogs and cats
- Small size recommended for cats
- Simple solution for dogs/cats that frequently want to access the outdoors, regardless of weather conditions
- Complements aesthetic exterior of the house
- Includes a one-year warranty
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Step Over||Recommended Pet Shoulder Height||Flap Type|
|Small||6" w x 11" h||7"||14" – 17"||Single|
|Medium||8" w x 15" h||7"||14" – 21"||Single|
|Large||10" w x 19" h||7"||14" – 25"||Single|
|Extra Large||12" w x 23" h||7"||14" – 29"||Single|
Don't know which flap size to get? Here is a measurement guide to help you out
How do I measure?
It would be easiest to measure the jamb where you are installing this or your current door if you are replacing an existing storm door. When the storm door with dog door built in is installed, the bottom of the flap will start 7" from the floor, so you need to make sure that your pet will be able to comfortably step over that as well. We do recommend hiring a handy person if you have questions.
Will this door insulate well?
The Endura Flap pet aluminum storm door is one of the best insulating and durable pet doors you can purchase. So this is a great choice for a glass door with dog door built in for harsh climates. Your storm door also comes with weatherstripping for further insulation.
What is pre-hung?
This means that it comes with all of the necessary holes pre-drilled, so you just have to install the hardware and hang the door. Pet storm door options that come pre-hung are also much easier as a DIY home improvement project for someone that is only semi-handy.
How long do these take to get?
They are all custom so you are looking at 4-5 weeks for delivery.
How far is the flap from the ground?
It starts about 7" from the floor.
Can I use the storm door with this pet door along with my current door that has a pet door?
We do not recommend this option as the pet doors can interfere with each other and not function properly.
Would this be good for small and large pets?
That would depend on how long legged the smaller pets are. The step over might be challenging for pretty small dogs or shorter breeds like Doxies or Corgies. The storm door with extra large pet door option would be suitable for pets about 29" at the shoulders and the storm door with large dog door would be good for pets up to 25". To use as a cat door we recommend the small size.
Is the pet door flap flexible?
Yes, it is made of two pieces sandwiched together so it is a little heavier than the traditional flexible vinyl types.
Can I get it in color other than white?
They do offer a bronze or beige, but they would have to be ordered directly through customer service as a special order.
Are there custom door sizes?
We do not offer custom heights and widths at this time.
Are these storm doors with doggie doors pre-hung?
Yes. A prehung door means that the door is already mounted onto the frame, which saves you or your contractor extra work and time. You can install this pre-hung door nearly anywhere (in front of a patio door, front door, side garage door, etc). Gives your pet easy access outside with the insulation value of a storm door.
What color handles can I get with an exterior door with dog door pre installed?
Black is standard and you can upgrade to Bronze, Nickel or Brass for an extra cost.
Do you have an exterior doors with dog door already installed?
We sell Storm Doors with dog doors built in. The DogMate Pet Door is a lexan flap and has three sizes. We also have them with a larger, energy saving flap made by Endura Flap and a soft flexible flap by Pet Safe.
Is this glass storm door with dog door wind resistant?
Yes, the Endura Flap Pet Door has been tested to withstand winds up to 50 miles per hour.
Since this is a storm door dog door is the flap wind resistant?
Yes! The Endura Flap pet door has been tested to resist winds up to 50 mph. Additional magnets can be added to the bottom of the flap. See Endura replacement parts for other items you might need such as replacement flaps.
How to Adjust Your Endura Flap Magnet Strength
Storm Door Warranty
90 DAY LIMITED WARRANTY
Patio Pacific Inc Endura Flap Pet Door Lifetime Warranty
Endura Flap products have a lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship under standard regular use. Damage caused by not using the product as intended, improper installation, and chewing is not covered under this warranty.
Installation may vary from the instructions below
Storm Door Kit Includes:
- Door panels
- Door closure
Step 1. Confirm the hinge side (can be left or right).
Step 2. 1" wide by 1" deep mounting surface is required. You may need hinge shims which are sold separately.
Step 3. Make sure that you verify the trim that you are attaching it to is secure and square.
Step 4. Place the hinge rail against the hinge side of your door frame and slide it all the way up to the top.
Step 5. Using a pencil make a mark inside the first hole all the way at the top. Then remove the rail.
Step 6. Take a screw and drill it in where you made the mark for the first hole leaving about 1/8" of the screw threads exposed.
Step 7. Install the sweep at the bottom.
Step 8. Crimp ends on both sides with pliers and then trim off any excess material.
Step 9. Slide the expander onto the bottom of the door with the holes facing the inside, don't fasten it just yet.
Step 10. Place the door on the floor with the interior side up.
Step 11. Find the hinge locator hole near the top and place the first top hole on the rail over the locator hole.
Step 12. Then attach the mounting screw.
Step 13. Make a mark with a pencil inside each of the following holes on the rail.
Step 14. Drill 1/8" pilot holes in each of those and fasten the rail with the remaining screws.
Step 15. Slide the rail extender into the bottom of the hinge rail.
Step 16. Hang the door onto the jamb using the place holder screw from step 7, then tighten.
Step 17. Slide the rail extender at the bottom to meet the door sill.
Step 18. Install the door installation screw into the bottom location followed by the remaining 6 - 8.
Step 19. Close the door and install the five door installation screws. Be careful not to over-tighten.
Step 20. Cut the extender weather stripping to length then peel back and install.
Step 21. Install the handle and lock through the pre-drilled holes.
Step 22. Open the door and screw in the closer mechanism to the inside.
Step 23. Slide in the separate door panels.
Enjoy your new storm door pet door!