- Quick, easy installation and removal with spring-loaded frame, no tools required
- Height is adjustable up to 3 inches to fit most horizontal sliding windows
- Comes with Horizontal Window Mount with the option of small or large flap pet door for cats and small dogs
- Aluminum frame in bronze or white and plastic pet door are durable and corrosion resistant
- All Customs are final sale and cannot be returned, please allow 3 - 4 weeks for custom models to be built and shipped
- An email will be sent to you requesting additional information for your custom order
The Whiskers and Windows Horizontal Cat Door for Windows is a fast, affordable way to install a pet door in your home. This window insert requires no drilling or cutting (can be trimmed 3/4" shorter with a metal cutting blade if needed) and can be installed in seconds. Our spring-loaded design allows for instant adjustment of up to 3 inches and creates a snug weather-tight fit. This pet door comes in white and black color options, to match your window framing. Great for cats and very small dogs, this pet door will give you and your pets the freedom to come and go as you please. A four-way lock is included to provide security and access control. Simply use the red and green locking tabs to close it so nothing can enter or exit, allow access in and out, allow the pet to come in only at a certain time, or out only so they can't come back in until you allow it.
- Great for renters with no-tool installation
- Adjustment ranges fit most windows and custom options can be made, however, they are non-returnable
- Small can fit cats up to 10Lbs and the Large is good for cats and small dogs up to 15Lbs
- Easy to install
- Lightweight flap is easy to use
- Flap is lockable
- Allow 3-4 weeks for any custom options
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Overall Panel Width|
|Cat Flap||6"w x 6"h||13"|
|Large Cat Flap||7 1/2"w x 8"h||15"|
Window Width Adjustment Ranges
- 34" - 37"
- 46" - 49"
- Custom Non-Returnable 23" - 34"
- Custom Non-Returnable 37" - 46"
- Custom Non-Returnable Over 49"
Pet door has 1" framing, measure your track width to make sure that your window will accommodate the panel.
How big of a dog can go through this?
The Large Flap would accommodate a dog about 15Lbs, and no more than 10" at the shoulder.
Can you lock it?
Yes, it has a 4-way lock with means you have 4 different access options. You can set it for totally locked, so nothing can go in or out. Open, so they can go in and out as the please. In only, so that once they come in they can't go back out until you let them. Or out only, so once the exit they will need you to let them back in.
Is the flap see through?
There is a slight tint, but you can see through it.
Is it hard for really small pets to use?
The flap is very easy to push open so small pets have no trouble using it. It is rigid though, so if your pet is timid we would recommend the PetSafe Horizontal Cat Door for Windows.
Could this be used leading out to a catio?
Yes! In fact that is one of the more popular reasons customers get these doors.
Whiskers and Windows Warranty
1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
the manufacturer guarantees your purchase for a period of one year from the date of original purchase against any defect arising due to faulty materials or manufacture. Accordingly any defective item will be repaired free of charge or replaced at the manufacturers option provided that the defect has not been caused by neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear and proof of purchase date is supplied. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Measure to ensure proper fit:
1. Height and Width of your pet: This pet door opening is 6" wide x 6" tall for the small size. The large measures 7 1/2" wide x 8" tall. Be sure to include the 3-inch stepover when calculating opening height.
2. Height of window track: Measure inside your track from the deepest point on the bottom to the deepest point on the top. Choose the size that will fit between 34"-37" or 46"-49". If your window track measurement is within 1" of the bottom (35" or 47") then you will need to make sure that you have enough clearance to get it into the track. If your window measurement is outside of either of these ranges it will not fit properly.
3. Width of window opening: Your window must be able to open 13" wide for the small size and 15 1/2" wide for the large size.
4. Track thickness: must be at least 1" thick. It will fit in wider tracks but may need to be secured.
Whiskers and Windows Horizontal Cat Door for Window
Step 1: Release the automatic height adjustment by turning the knobs located near the top of panel counter-clockwise and pressing. The height adjustment panel should fully extend upward (pull up on panel if necessary).
Step 2: Open the sliding window.
Step 3: Insert the cat door with the knobs facing inside. Place the top edge into the top track of the window. Lift up and swing the lower portion of the panel into the bottom track.
Step 4: Slide the Whiskers door against the door jamb. Make sure that top is fully extended (not tilted to one side) and the bottom of the panel is on the ridge in the bottom track.
Step 5: Hand-tighten the knobs by turning clockwise to lock the pet door in place.