- Cost-effective panel insert with built-in pet door for sash windows
- Adjustable height ranges to fit windows 22” – 43” wide
- Tool-free and low-impact installation method
- Two-piece, double flap for improved sealing
- Sturdy aluminum framing comes in black or white
The Dragon pet door for sliding sash windows allows you to enjoy quick installation and excellent weather resistance at a low cost. With seven different height adjustment ranges, this Dragon window panel installs in sash windows of all sizes. The simple, spring-loaded design allows for quick and secure installation right into your window track, no tools needed. The Dragon window sash features a two-piece flap to keep the entire pet door opening sealed, allowing your pets to come and go while keeping your home insulated. There are other installation types for the Dragon Pet Door. Already have a Dragon pet door? See which replacement flap fits your door.
- Translucent, flexible flap easy for pets of all sizes to use
- Two-piece flap design covers the entire pet door opening for improved sealing
- Double flap maximizes weather resistance and energy efficiency
- Single pane, tempered glass perfect for moderate climates
- UV-resistant additives in the flap and frame protect against warping and cracking
- Durable aluminum frame fits window tracks at least 1” thick
- Spring-loaded mechanism to install tools-free into window track
- Available in seven height adjustment ranges to fit windows 22” – 43” wide
- Includes a sturdy locking cover to restrict pet access when needed
- Give pets the independence to come and go without cutting into your door or wall
- Simple, quick installation, easily removable—ideal for renters or vacation homes
- Accommodates both dogs and cats, great for pets sharing the door
- Flexible flap is easy for pets to use
|Flap Size||Flap Dimensions||Step Over||Height to Raise Window||Recommended Pet Height*||Stock No|
|Small||Coming soon!||Coming soon!||Coming soon!||Coming soon!||01DF-A10SS|
|Medium||7.0" x 13.1"||4.4"||21.6"||12" - 16"||01DF-A20MM|
|Large||9.4" x 16.6"||4.4"||Coming soon!||12" - 19"||01DF-A30LL|
|Extra Large||Coming soon!||Coming soon!||Coming soon!||Coming soon!||01DF-A40XL|
*measured from the ground to the tallest point of their back.
Don't know which size to get? Here is a measurement guide to help you out.
Wondering how to measure your track? Review our Track Measuring Guide.
For your adjustment range, you need to measure the length of your sash window track from the furthest left to right. The adjustment range of your pet door should ideally have your track length in the middle. The following adjustment ranges are available:
- Size B: 22" - 25" (custom order: non-returnable)
- Size C: 25" - 28"
- Size D: 28" - 31"
- Size E: 31" - 34"
- Size F: 34" - 37"
- Size G: 37" - 40"
- Size H: 40" - 43"
CAUTION: If your measured track height is near the bottom of the adjustment range then you should review A Note of Caution.
What's the difference between the single flap and the double flap?
The double flap option provides increased insulation against the cold. Both options have magnets on the flap to keep the door sealed in wind.
I want to get the large pet door for my dog, but I am concerned about a person fitting through it.
All Dragon Pet Doors come with a locking cover. This cover can be used to keep you doggy in. It also can be used to keep intruders from entering your home. It slides into the interior frame.
How do I know what size is best for my dog?
When installing the pet door you want it to clear the top of your dog's back by 1-2 inches, minimum. To give your pet the most comfortable pet door possible, make sure the step-over is less than 1/3 of your dog's height. Lastly you want the width of the door to be big enough to allow your pet to go through without touching the sides. Here's a guide on how to measure your pet with tips on how to determine the correct size.
Are replacement flaps available?
Yes, you can buy Dragon replacement flaps.
Where can I install the Dragon Pet Door?
The Dragon Pet Door has multiple Installation options. You can install it in Regular Doors, as a Wall mount, Aluminum Sliding Doors, Vinyl Sliding Doors, Sash Windows, Vinyl Windows, and Horizontal Windows.
Can my small and large dog share this pet door?
Yes, but make sure to follow standard Measuring Guidelines. Make sure the size of the door is based off your tallest pet, but installed low enough for your smallest pet.
1 Sash Window Insert with a Pre-Installed Dragon Pet Door (single or double flap)
1 Foam Weather Strip
1 Locking Cover
Step 1: Loosen the thumb screws at the end of the pet door insert. This allows the spring mechanism to move freely side to side.
Step 2: Open your window and insert the panel into the window track. Push against the spring mechanism to expand the panel into the opposite end of the window track. Once it is expanded the full width of the window, tighten the thumb screws.
Once you are certain the sash window panel sits properly in your track, proceed to step 3 to apply weatherstripping.
Step 3: Apply the foam weatherstripping by peeling back the paper to expose the adhesive. Unroll it along the edge of the panel, pressing to ensure it adheres. Install it on both the top and bottom, trimming to fit as needed with scissors.
Repeat steps 1 and 2 to secure the sash window pet door panel in your window track.
Note: Since there are many window styles, you may need to modify your installation using shims or similar materials such as foam weatherstripping. If there is a gap, you can use shims to even out the pet door.
LOCKING YOUR WINDOW
For a permanent lock, install a wood screw in the track immediately above the window on both sides. You will no longer be able to raise the window.
For a temporary lock, place a removable wooden dowel or Charley Bar in either track above the window.