- Glass door doggie door for installation in a double pane glass door
- Weather-proof and insulating vinyl flaps
- Extruded aluminum framing and steel-reinforced corners provide supreme stability
- Available in 11 different sizes to accommodate all pets
- Glass professional required for cutting glass and pet door installation
- We are currently taking custom orders over the phone. Please call 1-800-826-2871 to place a custom order.
This is a made to order product. Upon placing your order, we will contact you to collect more specific information about your glass door and ensure all the measurements are correct.
Can a dog door be installed in glass doors? Until recently, the answer was no, but the Hale Through the Glass Pet Doors are innovative doggie doors for glass doors of single and dual-pane doors. Instead of taking up space in the track of your sliding glass door, these through the glass dog doors allow for free range to and from the slider, making it easier on you and your guests. The frame comes in White, Arizona Beige, Bronze, or Brushed Aluminum to match your current door. The Hale In the Glass™ dog door comes in 11 different flap sizes are available to accommodate all pets. You also have the option of choosing from which side (top, left, or right) you would like the locking cover to load.
Please Note: Because existing tempered glass cannot be cut, this application requires replacing the entire pane of glass. Glass cutting, tempering, and installing a dog door in a glass door require a glass professional. It is always best to have the pet door in hand before ordering the glass so that you have the exact dimensions needed.
The dual-pane model fits widths from 1/4” ‒ 1 3/8” thick, or it comes with the build-out for glass thicknesses from 1 3/8” ‒ 2” thick. The standard order of this model comes with double flaps but can be ordered with just a single flap. An interior security cover is included. This pet door for glass door comes with Comp Strips and Buildout.
- The extruded aluminum frame comes in 4 colors.
- Clear, lightweight, and flexible vinyl flaps for comfortable use.
- Magnets line the pet door for glass door flap to prevent wind gusts from entering.
- 1/2" black nylon pile weather stripping for maximum insulation.
- 3/16" King Starboard locking cover is extremely shock and impact resistant.
- Pin lock on the interior side locks the security cover.
- 11 different glass door pet door sizes to accommodate the biggest and smallest of pets.
- Lightweight flaps are easy for pets of varying sizes to share.
- Grants pets the freedom to come and go as they please.
- Both dogs and cats can use this pet door.
|Size||Flap Dimension||Rough Cut Out||Outside Frame Dimensions||Flap Type||Stock No|
|Small||5 1/2" w x 7 1/2" h||7 3/8" w x 9 3/8" h||8 3/8" w x 10 3/8" h||Single||02HS01|
|Small Medium||6 1/2" w x 9 1/2" h||8 1/2" w x 11 1/2" h||9 9/16" w x 12 9/16" h||Single||02HS02|
|Medium||8 1/2" w x 12 1/2" h||10 1/2" w x 14 1/2" h||11 9/16" w x 15 3/8" h||Single||02HS03|
|Tall Medium||8 1/2" w x 16" h||10 1/2" w x 18" h||11 9/16" w x 19 1/16" h||Single||02HS04|
|Large||11" w x 16" h||13" w x 18" h||14 1/16" w x 19 1/16" h||Single||02HS05|
|Tall Large||11" w x 19 1/2" h||13" w x 21 5/8" h||14 1/16" w x 22 9/16" h||Single||02HS06|
|Tall Large Plus||11" w x 23 1/2" h||13" w x 25 5/8" h||14 1/16" w x 26 9/16" h||Single||02HS07|
|Extra Tall Large||11" w x 27 1/2" h||13" w x 29 5/8" h||14 1/16" w x 30 9/16" h||Single||02HS08|
|Extra Large||14" w x 19 1/2" h||16" w x 21 5/8" h||17 1/16" w x 22 9/16" h||Single||02HS09|
|Extra Large Plus||14" w x 23 1/2" h||16" w x 25 5/8" h||17 1/16" w x 26 9/16" h||Single||02HS10|
|Giant||15 1/2" w x 27 1/2" h||17 5/8" w x 29 5/8" h||18 9/16" w x 30 9/16" h||Single||02HS11|
Can I just cut my existing glass?
If you have dual pane or tempered glass you will need to have a local glass shop make a piece of glass with a notch, as you can't cut that without it shattering.
Can this door go into a slider?
It is possible, however, it will stick out so there may not be enough clearance for the sliding door to open all the way. We recommend that the doors be installed in swinging doors or sidelights.
Do I need to hire an installer?
Yes, we highly recommend having a professional do the installation.
Is the pet door clear?
The flap is a clear flexible vinyl with magnets and weather stripping to help seal it up. The more insulating double flap option is only available if you have dual pane glass.
Why do you need my exact glass thickness?
The manufacturer will include a build-out for anything other than 3/16" and they send the proper one out depending on the thickness.
My glass is single pane, but it is not 3/16"?
In that case, you must order the double-pane version and specify your exact thickness.
Does this come with a cover?
Yep, it will come with a cover to close off the dog door when not in use.
Can small and large pets share this door?
Yes, this is a great door for multiple size pets to use.
Are replacement parts available?
Yes, you can find them here.
Is there a warranty?
Hale offers a 5-year pro-rated warranty.