- Sliding glass door insert with pet door
- Adjustment ranges fit sliders from 76 13/16"-81" and 91 1/2"- 96"
- Pin lock included to secure the sliding glass door
- Frame color in white, bronze, or brushed aluminum (91 1/2"- 96" available in white only)
- Works for both dogs and cats
PetSafe Freedom Dog Door for Sliding Glass Door
The PetSafe Freedom Patio Panel Pet Door is a sturdy, attractive sliding glass door insert with a doggie door ideal for mild climates. Whether you want a temporary or permanent installation, this heavy-duty aluminum construction insert satisfies both of these preferences. This sliding glass dog door features a wide range of height adjustments, five different flap sizes, and three frame colors to choose from to satisfy both you and your pets. You can also browse other PetSafe dog doors.
- Tinted vinyl, soft flap with magnetic strip on the bottom to help keep it shut when it's not in use
- Locking cover and weather stripping included
- Pin lock included to secure the sliding glass door
- Adjustment ranges fit door sizes from 76 13/16" - 81" and 91 1/2" - 96"
- Frame material made of extruded aluminum for durability
- Tinted flap prevents heat damage from the sun.
- The lightweight flap provides utmost comfort for pets
- Quite, flexible flap for the sun of summer and cold weather of winter
- Functions as a dog door or cat door for any pet
- Low rise step-over makes it easier for pets to go through
- Temporary installation option benefits renters and frequent movers
- White, bronze, and brushed aluminum frame color options complement colors of your home
- Step by step installation video lower on the page helps with easy installation
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Step Over||RecommendedPet Height*||Overall Panel Width|
|Small||5 1/4" w x 8 3/16" h||1 3/4"||5 1/4" - 8 15/16"||8 3/8"w|
|Medium||8 1/4" w x 12 3/16" h||1 3/4"||5 1/4" - 12 15/16"||11 3/8"w|
|Large||10 1/4" w x 16 3/8" h||4 1/4"||12 3/4" - 19 5/8"||13 3/8"w|
|Tall Large||10 1/4" w x 16 3/8" h||8 1/4"||20" - 23 5/8"||13 3/8"W|
*Measured from the ground to the tallest point of their back. The recommended pet width is generally 1-2" added to the width of the flap.
Still don't know which flap size to get? Here is a measurement guide to help you out.
Height Adjustment Ranges:
- Regular: 76 13/16" - 81" available in all sizes
- Tall: 91 7/16" - 96" available in Medium, Large, and Tall Large Only
Wondering how to measure your track? Review our Track Measuring Guide.
Radio Systems Corporation is the industry leader in Consumer Pet Electronics; products are marketed under the PetSafe, Innotek, Invisible Fence, Guardian, Staywell, and SportDOG brands. Radio Systems Corporation and its authorized resellers (who display the appropriate sanctioned logos) only sell new products in original packaging. Product represented as used, refurbished, or “as-is”, or not in the original packaging will not be covered by our warranty, or any consumer support.
We are committed to consumer satisfaction. To that end Radio Systems Corp. cautions consumers from purchasing any product other than product in its original packaging or specially marked refurbished packaging.
Proof of Purchase must be provided to our customer care center before a warranty claim can be honored. For your convenience, you may register your product and provide proof of purchase immediately after your purchase. Thereafter, proof of purchase will not be required to fulfill a warranty claim. Products may be registered at www.petsafe.net/register-product. Proof of purchase is accepted via e-mail (email@example.com), fax, or traditional mail. Proof of purchase is defined as the sales receipt or copy of the sales receipt.
Mail: Attn: Customer Care Center/POP Radio Systems Corporation 10427 PetSafe Way Knoxville TN 37932
One Year Non-Transferable Limited Warranty:
What is Covered
Radio Systems Corporation, owner of the PetSafe Brand, (hereinafter referred to as “PetSafe”) warrants to the original retail consumer purchaser, and not any other purchaser or subsequent owner, that its PetSafe product, when subject to normal and proper residential use, will be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the purchase date. An “original retail consumer purchaser” is a person or entity who originally purchases the product or a gift recipient of a new product that is unopened and in its original packaging. When serviced by PetSafe Customer Service, PetSafe covers labor and parts for the first year of ownership; after the first year, a service or upgrade charge will apply relative to replacement of the product, with new or refurbished items at PetSafe’s sole discretion. The limited warranty is non-transferable and shall automatically terminate if the original retail consumer purchaser resells the PetSafe product or transfers the property on which the PetSafe product is installed. In the event of defect, these are your exclusive remedies.
Proper Product Use
This product is designed only for use with domesticated animals; do not use this product for any other purpose. However, the specific temperament of your animal may not work with this product. We recommend that you do not use this product if your animal is aggressive. If you are unsure whether this product is appropriate for your animal, please consult with your veterinarian or a certified trainer before you use this product. Please see the instruction manual for additional important information.
What is Not Covered
This non-transferrable limited warranty does not provide protection against, and PetSafe will have no liability under this non-transferrable limited warranty for any damage to or defects in the products caused by any animal, loss of product(s), failure, defect or damage caused by events and situations beyond normal residential exposure conditions, including, but not limited to: commercial use, misuse, abuse, neglect, improper installation or installation not in accordance with PetSafe’s instructions, use of non-PetSafe accessories, impacts of foreign objects, acts of God, abnormal or improper use, improper storage, attempted repair or service by anyone other than PetSafe Customer Service, accident, alteration, defects in or failure of the surface the PetSafe product is installed in or upon, discoloration or other damage caused by pollution, sunlight, other environmental conditions, mold, dirt, mildew, or exposure to harmful chemicals and any other cause not involving manufacturing defects in the PetSafe product. Under no circumstances will PetSafe be liable for any non-PetSafe labor charges or any expenses whatsoever in connection with the removal, repair, or installation of either the original or replacement component(s) relative to in-ground fence installation, kennel installation, pet door installation, and other permanent, semi-permanent, or fixture type installations on the retail consumer purchaser’s property.
Registering the Product
Within thirty (30) days of purchase, please go to www.petsafe.net/register-product to register your purchase. A sales receipt shall be required to obtain warranty coverage. Please keep this information in a safe place.
Making a Warranty Claim
To obtain warranty service, call the PetSafe Customer Care center. In the United States or Canada, 1-800-732-2677; in Australia, 1800 786 608; in New Zealand, 0800 543 054.
Pursuant to this non-transferrable limited warranty, PetSafe will replace the part with a new or refurbished part. This non-transferrable limited warranty will then apply to either the new or refurbished part for the remainder of the original non-transferrable limited warranty period.
Replacement as provided under this non-transferrable limited warranty is the exclusive remedy of the consumer. Neither labor to remove the part nor labor to install the refurbished or replaced part is covered.
This non-transferrable limited warranty is in lieu of all other express warranties. PetSafe expressly disclaims and excludes all other warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. PetSafe also disclaims and excludes all liability for incidental, consequential, punitive, direct, indirect, special, or any other damages arising out of or connected with the purchase, use, or misuse of this product or for the breach of any express or implied warranties or breach of contract or otherwise. Purchaser assumes all risks and liabilities from the use or misuse of this product. PetSafe does not authorize any other person or agent to make any other express or implied warranties.
Furthermore, PetSafe will not be liable for any loss, damage, or injury resulting from delay in delivery of replacement parts or for any failure by PetSafe to perform covered repair work due to circumstances beyond PetSafe’s control.
This non-transferrable limited warranty shall be governed by the law of the State of Tennessee, U.S.A., and by the laws of the United States of America, excluding their conflicts of laws principles. Furthermore, the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby excluded in its entirety from application to this non-transferrable limited warranty. Jurisdiction and venue shall be exclusive to the courts of Knox County, Tennessee. These warranties give you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state or country to country. Some states or countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Fountain replacement pumps when purchased individually have a 90-day warranty.
Limited Warranty for PetSafe Certified Refurbished Products:
Effective January 1, 2010:
For purposes of this limited warranty, “PetSafe Certified Refurbished Products” means buy-back products, returned products, pre-owned products, and/or scratch & dent products that PetSafe has:
- 1. Fully tested.
- 2. Refurbished by replacing any defective modules identified during testing.
- 3. Thoroughly cleaned and inspected.
- 4. Repackaged (including appropriate manuals, probes, wire, new boxes, etc).
- 5. Re-inspected prior to being sold.
PetSafe Certified Refurbished Products may have small cosmetic blemishes. PetSafe warrants that each PetSafe Certified Refurbished Product will be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of ninety (90) calendar days from the original date of purchase. During the warranty period, PetSafe will, at its option, replace with new or refurbished products or parts, any products or parts determined to be defective. In the event of a product defect, these are your only remedies. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
This limited warranty covers only product issues caused by defects in materials or workmanship during ordinary consumer use and does not cover product issues caused by any other reason, including, but not limited to, product issues arising out of or related to commercial use, acts of God, misuse, limitations of technology, or customer modification of any part of the PetSafe Certified Refurbished Product. This limited warranty does not cover consumables, such as treats, batteries, or fuses. This limited warranty is invalid if the factory-applied serial number has been altered or removed from the product. This limited warranty is valid only in the United States.
All express and implied warranties, including without limitation any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in time to the term of this limited warranty. No warranties, whether express or implied will apply after the expiration of the limited warranty period. Some states do now allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you.
Except as provided in this warranty and to the extent permitted by law, PetSafe is not responsible for direct, special, incidental, or consequential damages resulting from any breach of warranty or condition, or under any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion or limitation may not apply to you.
Making a Warranty Claim:
If you need assistance or to make a warranty claim, please contact our Customer Care Center for help in troubleshooting and, if necessary, to arrange a warranty repair for your product.
PetSafe Patio Pet Door Installation
Tools you might need
Basic installation steps
We recommend watching the installation video to familiarize yourself with the complete installation before installing. Installation video can be found on the Videos tab. Also completely read the installation instructions that are with the door for complete installation instructions and illustrations.
Steps for Temporary, Basic installation
Step 1: Measure the height of your sliding glass door
Step 2: Slide the insert into door frame
Step 3: Insert screws into the height adjustment and into the top of the panel to secure spring loaded height adjuster
Step 4: Install the lock, glass sweep, and weather stripping
Steps for Semi-Permanent Installation
STEP 1 The Patio Panel Pet Door inserts into your sliding glass door track opening against the doorjamb. Your sliding door will slide against the Patio Panel. First do a test fit to ensure you are satisfied with the fit of the before proceeding. Fully open the sliding glass door. The top of Patio Panel should be inserted into the upper track with height adjuster facing up, locking cover should be inside. Swing he bottom of the Patio Panel into lower door track of the sliding glass door and gently lower. Move the Patio Panel against the door jamb. The Patio Panel should fit flush against the door jamb without any gaps. The height adjuster should be fully extended and not tilted to one side.
STEP 2 Gently slide the Patio Panel slightly away from door jamb to show pre-drilled holes in height adjuster. Drill holes (7/64” 2.5 mm) through the two predrilled holes of the height adjuster (interior side). Secure height adjuster to prevent moving up and down to the Patio Panel using two #6 1/2" sheet metal screws. Move Patio Panel against door jamb. It should be flush without gaps.
STEP 3 Installation options for EXPOSED FRAME and for RECESSED or EXPOSED FRAME below
NOTICE: Prior to installation and drilling, consult your sliding glass door manufacturerâ€™s warranty. Unauthorized changes or modifications may void the warranty. Installing screws into vinyl door frames or door jambs may crack the vinyl.
3A EXPOSED SLIDING GLASS FRAME INSTALLATION ONLY with screws (For exposed door frames only)
- 1. Determine the Patio Panel center at the top and make a pencil mark on the sliding glass door frame.
- 2. Measure 12 (30.5 cm) from the top of the Patio Panel along the door jamb side and mark the side of sliding glass door frame.
- 3. Measure 1” (2.5 cm) above the pet door on the Patio Panel along the door jamb side and mark the side of sliding glass door frame with a pencil.
- 4. At the bottom, measure the Patio Panel center and make a pencil mark on the sliding glass door frame.
- 5. Drill 9/64” (3.5 mm) starter holes through your sliding glass door frame ONLY at the locations you just marked. DO NOT DRILL INTO THE PATIO PANEL AT THIS TIME.
- 6. Before drilling into the Patio Panel, take care not to shatter the Glass and do not to drill inside the Patio Panel rib lines. Only drill into outer edge section. Patio Panel may need to be moved to the side slightly to accurately drill.
- 7. Drill 7/64" (2.5 mm) holes through the sliding glass door frame clearance holes into the Patio Panel.
3B RECESSED or EXPOSED SLIDING GLASS DOOR FRAME with T-brackets and screws
- 1. Slide the Patio Panel against the sliding door jamb.
- 2. Measure and mark with a pencil the top center of the Patio Panel and corresponding location on sliding glass door frame (marks are for a marking guide only).
- 3. Measure and mark with a pencil the bottom of the Patio Panel where sliding door will close against the panel and corresponding location on sliding glass door frame (marks are for a marking guide only).
- 4. Slide the panel over to be able to place the T-brackets into the upper and lower track of sliding glass door.
- 5. Place T-bracket at the top of the sliding glass track where the vertical part of the bracket aligns with your mark. Use pencil to mark on the inside of the track for your pilot holes
- 6. Do the same for the bottom track. (T-brackets are universal and will work in top or bottom).
- 7. Use a 7/64” (2.5 mm) drill bit to drill pilot holes for T-brackets at the top and bottom of the Patio Panel. Then secure T-brackets into place, top and bottom and, with the four M4 x 10 mm sheet metal. Hand tighten and be careful to not overtighten.
- 8. Slide your Patio Panel back into place and the T-brackets should be front of your Patio Panel.
- 9. Use a 7/64” (2.5 mm) drill bit to drill pilot holes through T-brackets and into the Patio Panel at the top and bottom. Secure T-brackets to the patio panel with two M4 x 10mm sheet metal screws.
STEP 4 Install Lock CAUTION DO NOT drill into the glass.
- 1. Close the sliding glass door tightly against the Patio Panel.
- 2. Position the locking latch at the bottom edge of your sliding glass door. With locking bolt in the retracted position, pointed toward the sliding glass door frame.
- 3. Holding the lock firmly in place, mark screw holes and mark center of locking bolt in rail of sliding glass door or stationary window.
- 4. Drill two pilot holes (Note: Inspect location of drill marks to make sure the drill and screws will not contact glass) for attaching the latch, 9/64” (3.5 mm) for aluminum sliding glass doors and 7/64” (2.5 mm) for wood or vinyl sliding glass doors.
- 5. Drill 1/4" hole for locking bolt.
- 6. Attach latch with tow #8 1/2" sheet metal screws. Hand tighten - DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
STEP 5 Install Glass Sweep and Weather Stripping
NOTE: Make sure these are applied to a clean and dry surface while temperature is above 63°F (17°C).
- 1. Glass Sweep - Install the glass sweep on the back edge of the sliding glass door to close the gap between the sliding glass door panel and stationary glass door panel. Close the sliding glass door against the Patio Panel. Position the glass sweep at the top glass edge, flexible part touching the glass of the stationary door and carefully peel away the backing and press the glass sweep in place moving from top to bottom. Any excess can be trimmed with scissors.
- 2. Weather Stripping - The weather stripping installs on the outer edge of the sliding glass door to form a seal between the Patio Panel and the sliding glass door. Open the sliding glass door, position the weather stripping at the top front edge toward the interior side aligning with Patio Panel. Carefully peel away the backing and press the weather stripping into place moving from top to bottom. Any excess can be trimmed with scissors.
- Keep instructions for future reference or to give to future owners of property.
- Before installation and drilling, check with the manufacturer of your sliding glass door for warranty. Unauthorized changes or modifications may void the warranty.
- Screws installed into vinyl frames or jambs of the door may crack the vinyl.
- The glass sweep and weather stripping should be applied to a clean and dry surface while temperature is above 63°F (17°C).
- Make sure there is nothing underneath the door where you will be drilling the holes.
- Use a manual screwdriver, not a power screwdriver to tighten screws. Do NOT over tighten, it may warp the frame.
- Do NOT attempt to cut holes in the glass. Consult a professional glazier for detail.
Installation video can be found on the Petsafe Freedom Dog Door For Sliding Glass Door Videos tab
This video explains how to install any PetSafe Patio Pet Door, including the Freedom Patio Panel.
How to Measure Your Sliding Glass Door for a Pet Door
PetSafe Patio Pet Door Installation
Petsafe Patio Pet Door Replacement Flap Installation
Can you still lock your patio door?
Yes, the door comes with a locking mechanism for your sliding door track to secure the panel and your slider.
Do you carry the replacement brackets?
We do not carry the bracket metal kit for installation, that would have to be purchased through PetSafe.
Does the locking mechanism require drilling?
Yes, the mechanism provided is intended to lock your sliding glass door by using a bracket that can be mounted on your slider with sheet metal screws. The lock on the pet door then engages the bracket, locking the door closed.
Does this come with an insert that you can slide into the cover and lock the dog door?
Yes it does!
How high is the rise?
The rise (alternatively called the step-over) is 1 ¾" for the Small and Medium flaps, 4 ¼" for the Large, and 8 ¼" for the Tall Large. This means that we only really recommend the largest door size for very large tall dog breeds like great danes.
Can it be easily and quickly removed?
The Freedom Patio Panel Pet Door can be easily removed and installed due the spring loaded height adjuster; however, it is recommended to screw the panel into your slider frame for a semi-permanent installation to aid in stability, and ensure the locking capabilities provided with the locking mechanism.
What type of flap does the PetSafe Freedom Patio Doggy Door have?
The Petsafe Freedom aluminum patio panel has a single flap that is flexible, tinted, and made from vinyl material.
What is the insulation value like on this door?
The Freedom Panel is intended for use in moderate climates and features relatively fair insulation value. It has some energy efficient features in the vinyl flap, but it is not meant to be highly weather resistant or shatter-resistant.
How wide is the entire panel? I want to know how much room I will have left to exit the doorway after installation.
The Small flap size has a panel width of 8 ½", the Medium is 11 ½", and the Large and Tall Large sizes have 13 ½" panel widths. You can find the flap opening width on the size chart.
What is the warranty like?
The manufacturer ensures a 1 year warranty on this product.
Is the tempered glass opaque or transparent (clear or shaded)?
The freedom petsafe panel has single pane tempered glass which is clear. Some other pet patio door panels have dual pane glass and lowE coating to increase their insulation.
If I order a 01PS11 what will I receive?
That is the code for Petsafe Freedom Dog Door for Sliding Glass Door. You will need to determine the flap size, Track height and Frame Color.
Does the Freedom Petsafe pet door come in different models.
Yes. There is a patio panel for sliding glass doors and a traditional pet door for doors.